Project Apollo ... July 1st restart ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
V'Landy's call to have a July 1st restart .. has been dubbed the Project Apollo .. in reference to JFK's call to get a man on the moon this decade .....

Whether he succeeds or not ... how good is it to have someone in charge of the NRL that is strong enough to lead and have a go ....... instead of sitting on his arse .... the man is at least giving everybody some hope .....

Must admit I like the Island off Brisbane plan .....

Not sure I like the call by some for a 3 game Grandfinal series ..??

That could only happen if the border restrictions were eased , note our borders have just had a further tightening of restrictions, and they are seemingly fair dinkum about it with extra resources committed to the “ Bush” crossings at Texas, Goondiwindi, Mungindi , St George and even way out west at Hebel.

Only way you can get in is, QLD plates or if you have a border pass ( lots live in NSW but work in QLD especially at the Tweed Heads crossing.

Intereting stuff. I haven't seen it as I am down in VIC..... but I like the idea of getting the teams all living/based in one palce for a period of time, and playing all games in same stadium and behind closed doors etc.

IF (MASSIVE IF) the NRL could pull it off, they could be one of the first major global sports to start back up, and literally TV companies around the world would throw $$$ at them for short term rights.

Have you seen how much money the Belarussian PL are making right now as they are the only live sport available?

Worth a bloody crack if the health guidelines can be managed

That could only happen if the border restrictions were eased , note our borders have just had a further tightening of restrictions, and they are seemingly fair dinkum about it with extra resources committed to the “ Bush” crossings at Texas, Goondiwindi, Mungindi , St George and even way out west at Hebel.

Only way you can get in is, QLD plates or if you have a border pass ( lots live in NSW but work in QLD especially at the Tweed Heads crossing.

I don't think they need the restrictions eased .... they will probably be going for an exemption ... if they can show all the participants are virus free ....

I don't think they need the restrictions eased .... they will probably be going for an exemption ... if they can show all the participants are virus free ....

Can cross the border if for work purposes apparently....

"Freight trucks are exempt, along with travel for work and medical reasons."

So shouldn't be a problem as all involved would be work purposes yeah?

ONE SMALL STEP FOR VLANDYS
ONE GIANT LEAP FOR US PASSIONATE MANLY FANS

WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO OUR CLUBS FUTURE

PASSION ALWAYS PREVAILS
download.jpg

I'm against having any more than one Grand Final. Don't mess with a proven system.
I'd also support a one-off State of Origin, rather than a three match series, played alternatively in NSW and Queensland. I'm sure the only reason the authorities introduced a three game series was to suck more revenue from the sport.

ounds good - 13 premiership rounds July -September - 4 week final series October. Maybe 3 game origin series November - early December.

I like this, shortened regular season of playing each team once straight into the finals.

Not so keen on a Origin series after the grand final as a lot of players will have not played in a month.
But it is about the only way it would work this year.

I like this Positive stuff, it's like a glass half Full approach, yet with no promises.
Any outcome needs a plan and this is as good as possible in these times...definitely a fan...

V'Landy's call to have a July 1st restart .. has been dubbed the Project Apollo .. in reference to JFK's call to get a man on the moon this decade .....

Whether he succeeds or not ... how good is it to have someone in charge of the NRL that is strong enough to lead and have a go ....... instead of sitting on his arse .... the man is at least giving everybody some hope .....

Must admit I like the Island off Brisbane plan .....

Not sure I like the call by some for a 3 game Grandfinal series ..??

Interesting name for the project, seeing how china just went to the moon and are planing to build a base on it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6