professionally written Resume`

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
has anyone ever used these services, had the CV written professionally?

If so was it worth the money?

I personally haven't used one but a mate who recently got retrenched did and he reckoned he had to do most of the work himself.

What are they charging?

A professional resume gets you in the front door so if the charge isn't over the top then it would be worth it.

Thats the idea, I have only ever been to 1 interview where i was not offered the job, so its getting my foot in the front door.

It costs about $200 I am thinking it is probably worth the expense

thats what i am thinking, the payout from my options should go down nicely for it too!

Considering you're a hairdresser Dan. Are you planning on getting into IT?

Stylist is a more apt description since I never have and never will cut hair. but damn can I style mine!

lol :dance: :dance: :dance:

It'd be worth it for the $200 Dan.

Just make sure they put enough into presentation and visuals to give it "cut through".

It pays to be "remarkable" when looking for a job, doesn't it Wheel?

yeah thats what I was thinking.
I am going to cough out the cash in a few weeks i think. It is time to move on from this stagnent job!

not sure at this stage. I want to get more into the webdevelopment/content management side and out of integrations and support

not sure at this stage. I want to get more into the webdevelopment/content management side and out of integrations and support

Actually Manly could use a decent web developer by the looking at the state MSE is currently in. :)0 ;)

Some advice. I looked into this a while ago. I spoke to my sis who is HR manager for a large multinational and she advised me against it. Recruiters can spot them a mile away and view it more as laziness than anything else.

thanks for the head up. I still might go through with it as my CV is a mess at the moment and want to maximize the potential

Clon - ive had the same advice from someone in the same position. They also added the best thing to do is get as many resumes as you can and copy the things that you think are good.

I followed the advice above and I landed my current job on my resume alone - i was the only 1 interviwed and only 5 mins before being offered the job. Didnt even apply for it.

Basically on the front page you need to win the job - have your job skills in point form for quick understanding is the underlying rule i think.

Yeah I know all of the tricks and tips for a cv and mine is fairly good now, but think for $200 it could benefit from being jazzed up a bit

Its clean and has some good content, but it could do with being a lot neater. Its landed me a lot of interviews in the past, but on my salary $240 is well worth the cost if just to see if it improves

"My name is Daniel and I like Trains" try that one, see how it goes ;)

P.S. yes you are correct, Friday afternoon is the most boring time of the week

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4