Press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I encourage everyone to watch the press conference after today’s game for two reasons:
1. Hasler talks about it being one of our best wins of the season and explains why and I totally agree. There were some harsh comments in the match day thread and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but personally, I can’t agree.

Today’s game was always going to be tough. It might not have shown up on TV, but at the ground, you could see how hard we were working in the middle...lots of great hits from Croker and Jakey...lots of tough carries from the back 5, who were excellent. Christian T and Garrick in particular...tireless. Tigers came to play in front of a healthy Campbelltown crowd and didn’t lay down.

We played really disciplined footy and completed well. Sure, some of the 5th tackle options weren’t great, but we lost Daly a day before the game.

2. Jake talks about how passionate he is about Manly and what a great two weeks it’s been captaining our great club. You can feel how genuine he is about it and it’s refreshing.

Well done Manly!

I encourage everyone to watch the press conference after today’s game for two reasons:
1. Hasler talks about it being one of our best wins of the season and explains why and I totally agree. There were some harsh comments in the match day thread and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but personally, I can’t agree.

Today’s game was always going to be tough. It might not have shown up on TV, but at the ground, you could see how hard we were working in the middle...lots of great hits from Croker and Jakey...lots of tough carries from the back 5, who were excellent. Christian T and Garrick in particular...tireless. Tigers came to play in front of a healthy Campbelltown crowd and didn’t lay down.

We played really disciplined footy and completed well. Sure, some of the 5th tackle options weren’t great, but we lost Daly a day before the game.

2. Jake talks about how passionate he is about Manly and what a great two weeks it’s been captaining our great club. You can feel how genuine he is about it and it’s refreshing.

Well done Manly!
Mate I couldn’t agree more, I know we have played poor opposition in the last couple of weeks however our defence has improved especially in intensity. This is no knock on DCE’s captaincy however I think the players are responding better to Jake and his form has also improved significantly. It maybe time for DCE to pass the baton to Jake and it may also help his form. Jake is a ****ing legend and he just loves playing for us. Will go down as one of my all time favourites and I have been following the club for 55 years,

First half was pants. We didn’t button this one up till after the send off. There was very little spark or creativity shown till the opposition were down to 10 men.
I’ll take the win but your sprinkling sugar..

First half was pants. We didn’t button this one up till after the send off. There was very little spark or creativity shown till the opposition were down to 10 men.
It was 16-4 when the send off occurred and the Tigers offered nothing prior to that,so I think they had it in the bag before Naden’s dismissal.It was an ordinary first half given they had the wind at their back,but the second half was much improved,granted the Tigers are a shambles

Mate I couldn’t agree more, I know we have played poor opposition in the last couple of weeks however our defence has improved especially in intensity. This is no knock on DCE’s captaincy however I think the players are responding better to Jake and his form has also improved significantly. It maybe time for DCE to pass the baton to Jake and it may also help his form. Jake is a ****ing legend and he just loves playing for us. Will go down as one of my all time favourites and I have been following the club for 55 years,
Responding to Foran marshalling around, keeping it simple and effective while leading by example.

The players enjoy playing under Foran and his talk only when necessary style.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I thought we defended really stoutly in the first half. Our go forward was strong. The attack wasn’t great but Schu is still finding his feet at 6 and the Tigers turned up to play, so some credit goes to them for their application.

The effort in defense, line speed and hitting with intent defensively and in go forward has improved, yes against lesser opponents but it's positive to see and offers good examples to the players on what creates effective momentum and field position.

Yes the structured attack is lacking and predictable, Foran is weaker in his passing options to his right but still tries to keep it simple and direct and not overplay his hand, Schuster has been average on the left, Walker has looked good at times roving and probing through the middle with some link play.

To generate more composed and effective structured play(when DCE is not playing) i would have Foran play more left side to retain our most effective attacking ball playing ways, Jake and Walker can control the middle along with Foran when need be(but not allow Foran to drift to the right) and play Schuster to the right---force him to run more on his obviously weaker side.

Yes Schuster will be weak and ineffective still, it's not about improving the right side attack it is more about keeping what we do well on the left to generate more points.

Yes Des is placing Schuster on the left(with some flexibility to rove) to keep it simple and generate confidence on his favoured side but against the better teams unless we generate excellent go forward penetration his contributions will not be of a high enough consistent quality to create a flood of points against the good teams, along with lacking the running spark to create line breaks and sharp direct go forward metres.

We probably will but that’s next week and we had a game today that we won, so celebrate good times 😂
The Melb game wouldn't have been a blow out if we played with more professionalism and composed direct discipline, along with a few bad calls against us that shifted momentum even more.

If Manly don't give away field position and match both the Cowboys and Storm in the first 25mins i feel Manly can be very effective especially this time of year when teams are lacking sharpness and freshness with the grind and cold weather coming into play.

Manly will be up for these two games, if we lose both then the rest of the season will be a struggle to watch.

For some reason the Cowboys games at Brookie tend to be close encounters, along with against the Dragons.(if i recall correctly)

The Melb game wouldn't have been a blow out if we played with more professionalism and composed direct discipline, along with a few bad calls against us that shifted momentum even more.

If Manly don't give away field position and match both the Cowboys and Storm in the first 25mins i feel Manly can be very effective especially this time of year when teams are lacking sharpness and freshness with the grind and cold weather coming into play.

Manly will be up for these two games, if we lose both then the rest of the season will be a struggle to watch.

For some reason the Cowboys games at Brookie tend to be close encounters, along with against the Dragons.(if i recall correctly)
The Cows were there to be beaten on Fri night. They were lucky they played an inept and hopeless Dragons. If our defense can hold up and keep us in the game then we are a chance. The big problem will be breaking down the Cows defense which has been the best in the comp so far. That's where we will need the kicking game and chase to be on point. Pressure them and fatigue them.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8