Press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's one not one mention of DCE from the press?

DCE is too busy preparing for another SOO Maroon series win

1655076471786.png

Hasler talks about it being one of our best wins of the season and explains why and I totally agree. There were some harsh comments in the match day thread and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but personally, I can’t agree.
I have no issues with harsh comments when they have some basis in reality or justification behind them. Even better when there is some reasonable argument that accompanies the harsh comments. However, I have come to understand that Silvertails is not a site, where reasonable argument is in great supply. We have a site that appears to be dominated by trolls and morons, who only seem to derive pleasure when Manly lose. This type of poster only appears to attain some form of self-gratification through their abusive (self-abusive???) comments on a humiliating Manly loss in the game day thread. Observing this behaviour does make the gameday thread an interesting study in psychology, specifically in Histrionic Personality Disorder, but adds nothing to the overall game day experience
But when the thread gets overtaken by trolls and morons who simply post 'we **** suck' continuously then disappear after the win it ruins the experience. As a side note, we're not supposed to type words to get around the swearing bans (like shiiit) but the thread is full of it.
Could I suggest that a ''disapearing'' of some of our more visible trolls and morons would have an immediate impact on enhancing the game day experience.

On a side note sometimes swearing during a Manly game is the only realistic way to get through it .......

Sorry to hear you are unenthused by that performance, and no doubt equally unexcited by all Manly's other wins against teams "coming 12th, or 4th bloody last"

To anyone here who actually (as opposed to tongue-in-cheekily) feels unexcited by 'expected' wins, and no doubt disgusted and/or disappointed and/or annoyed and/or angered by all our losses ... it sounds like the footy season is a pretty miserable experience for you, start to finish! Cheer up, ffs!

sad sadness GIF by Skrz.cz

Your assumption that my lack of elation at beating the team coming 4th last somehow equates to my being miserable does you no justice.

I will be extremely happy when we eventually beat a top 8 side ... and beside myself with uncontrolled euphoria when we beat a top 4 side ..

In the meantime, allow me to just shake my head in dismay at you dancing the fandango for beating the cellar dwellers.

There have been some memorable whinging themes on silvertails. There was a time when people were complaining that our backs don’t score enough tries, yet the forwards were scoring multitudes of tries.

Then someone did an analysis and manly was scoring more tries than most teams, but sharing them through the team. There were still loud complainers hammering matai for only scoring 5 or 6 tries that year.

The lesson here might be that Des-coached teams are unorthodox.

I will be extremely happy when we eventually beat a top 8 side ... and beside myself with uncontrolled euphoria when we beat a top 4 side ..
Well I'm tipping that will occur on Friday. And by the way there is a lot of head shaking in the fandango (or maybe I have my dances mixed up, I probably lack your expertise in the field!)

Well I'm tipping that will occur on Friday. And by the way there is a lot of head shaking in the fandango (or maybe I have my dances mixed up, I probably lack your expertise in the field!)

If we win on Friday I will share your joy.

And you couldn't come to a better mentor for your dancing tips.

The Fandango is a lot of turning and arm waving and clickity claking ... best done in groups.

Your assumption that my lack of elation at beating the team coming 4th last somehow equates to my being miserable does you no justice.

In the meantime, allow me to just shake my head in dismay at you dancing the fandango for beating the cellar dwellers.
We did beat Doesn'tmatta, just not the ref.

It's a pity DESpicable is not as erudite as Trent Robinson who can explain things in a cohesive, understandable way. I'm surprised that Des' original profession was teaching because I find him very hard to follow. His mouth can't keep up with his brain and he becomes Mumblestiltskin.

It's a pity DESpicable is not as erudite as Trent Robinson who can explain things in a cohesive, understandable way. I'm surprised that Des' original profession was teaching because I find him very hard to follow. His mouth can't keep up with his brain and he becomes Mumblestiltskin.
He’s just trying to confuse the “journos” which seems to work as the press conferences end quickly.

I loved that he quickly shutdown the cr@p about Jake not being picked for SOO.

I can understand where you’re coming from and it is frustrating, but Des isn’t like that behind closed doors. He is good with the players and very funny.

He does his best Wayne Bennett in front of the media.

Yeah mate, not directed at you as such or anyone in particular.

It just always comes back to the positive supporters vs the negative supporters. Who’s more of a supporter than the other.

The mute button is there for a reason, that was my point.
Expecting someone else to share your own subjective echo chamber beliefs isn’t how it works.

Anyway, as I said, not directed at you, it’s more towards the posters who complain about other posters posts 😂
All good Batty. Just clarifying. I think it’s important to share opinions, positive or negative so don’t wanna be seen to suggest that people should or shouldn’t be critical, if that’s their angle.

Please .. the day I get excited and elated about beating the team coming 12th, or 4th bloody last ... is the day that manly have officially become the easy beats.

Maybe I have been wrong about @BOZO .. maybe you are all becoming Norths supporting medioricy lovers ..

Fair dinkum .. beating Wests .. whoopee
I’ve been where you are and I get it...it’s the Tigers and they’re a basket case at the moment...but it’s an interesting phenomenon when it comes to being successful...

When you expect to make the Top 4 and challenge for a premiership, you start to de-value the games you should win and it ruins the enjoyment. Tomorrow never comes so you gotta live in the moment and enjoy what’s in front of you.

We have no chance of beating Penrith to a premiership this year, so I’m gonna enjoy the journey, not the destination. If that journey involves a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Campbelltown watching the maroon and white trounce a minnow, by god, I’m going to enjoy it!

I thought about the Tigers leaving the ground yesterday and I really felt for them. They’ve been so bad for so long and they would have been tickled pink to win that game yesterday...and here we are taking it for granted because it was just another win.

Now I’m not having a go at you or telling you how to think, just sharing my perspective because I’ve been down that road of only valuing the big wins and it’s not fun because often, they’re rare. Especially for Tigers fans.

I thought we were on top at half time my slight concern was the wind, but these Tigers dont often bother the scorers in the 2nd half. I watch almost every match every week and have missed one Tigers match in the last 12 months. They have very little attack and patchy defence.

It was only the commentators who had the Tigers in front. I am often unsure about what they are actually looking at.

As for for "death riders" on here i hope they take a look at the presser and see what someone with some footy brains says, both Hasler and Kimmorley actuially. Sure we weren't at our best but but about $2.5mil of our cap was on the sideline. What did you expect? An 80-nil result.

Put me in the Hasler camp with yesterdays comments - a really good performance 8.5 out of 10, the second half was nearly perfect.

I’ve been where you are and I get it...it’s the Tigers and they’re a basket case at the moment...but it’s an interesting phenomenon when it comes to being successful...

When you expect to make the Top 4 and challenge for a premiership, you start to de-value the games you should win and it ruins the enjoyment. Tomorrow never comes so you gotta live in the moment and enjoy what’s in front of you.

We have no chance of beating Penrith to a premiership this year, so I’m gonna enjoy the journey, not the destination. If that journey involves a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Campbelltown watching the maroon and white trounce a minnow, by god, I’m going to enjoy it!

I thought about the Tigers leaving the ground yesterday and I really felt for them. They’ve been so bad for so long and they would have been tickled pink to win that game yesterday...and here we are taking it for granted because it was just another win.

Now I’m not having a go at you or telling you how to think, just sharing my perspective because I’ve been down that road of only valuing the big wins and it’s not fun because often, they’re rare. Especially for Tigers fans.

Let's not confuse the meaning of words.

I "value" every win ... and take pleasure in each .. but I rate them differently ... if we are a top 4 rated team, and you are suggesting I should be elated for beating the team coming 4th last ... then I would suggest you have lost all perspective.

If we were a bottom 4 rated team and we beat the team coming 9th ... then I would be elated.

And saying Tigers turned up yesterday doesn't change anything ... it wasn't the Roman Legions that turned up ... it wasn't the Mongol Hordes that turned up ... it wasn't the British Grenaders that turned up ... it was the bloody team that is coming 4th last that turned up .

It is a balance of reality and expectations .. for example, next week at home against an inform top 4 side .. I expect us to be very competitive, and if we dont get the biscuits, to have made them work hard for them ... so, a fighting loss will satisfy me, a win will elate me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6