Predicted Rd 1 NRL teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't take trial results too seriously, but Penrith looked very lost without Cleary....if he is out that's a bigger loss than any we have out imo.
I rate our chances pretty good and reckon some of the replacements will see this as an opportunity to show Des they want to hold a spot in the 17, so will give it a red hot go and the abilites are far better than we have had to choose from in many seasons....I am super confident in the depth in 2022 and what better way to make a statement than to impress against the 2021 Premiers Penny Panthers.

I'll have a go -maybe not what I would pick, but what I think Des may pick:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Sean Keppie
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Tofofoa Sipley, Karl Lawton, Morgan Boyle, Andrew Davey

Tuipolotu to be 18th man.

I think Burbo may be injured, and Des has used Boyle as a backrower / frontrower in the past. Des is famous for using the 4th interchange person sparingly (if at all), so Davey may get a limited run, probably for the last 20 minutes as right edge second rower.

I do have concerns about the overall mobility of our forwards as listed above. If it's a wet track that weekend - and it may be - then my mobility concerns decrease (just hold the ball...!!). If Des also has concerns about Marty, he may not start, or Des may want coverage in case - so big bodies may be needed.

Lawton becomes absolutely vital, covering hooker, 2nd row, and maybe even a position in the backs if we need him. He might cover Walkers' 'spark though the middle role' in the 20 minutes before / after half time in this game.

If our forwards hold / match Penrith, we're a good chance of winning. If our forwards get on top of theirs, we will almost certainly win.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Sean Keppie
LK - Jake Trbojevic

I think Burbo may be injured, and Des has used Boyle as a backrower / frontrower in the past. Des is famous for using the 4th interchange person sparingly (if at all), so Davey may get a limited run, probably for the last 20 minutes as right edge second rower.

I do have concerns about the overall mobility of our forwards as listed above. If it's a wet track that weekend - and it may be - then my mobility concerns decrease (just hold the ball...!!). If Des also has concerns about Marty, he may not start, or Des may want coverage in case - so big bodies may be needed.

Lawton becomes absolutely vital, covering hooker, 2nd row, and maybe even a position in the backs if we need him. He might cover Walkers' 'spark though the middle role' in the 20 minutes before / after half time in this game.

If our forwards hold / match Penrith, we're a good chance of winning. If our forwards get on top of theirs, we will almost certainly win.
Think Marty is very questionable apparently

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Sean Keppie
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Pretty much the same with me BB, if Marty's out, then we really are in s... st, I'd put Barny Rubble (Deluis) in to start, I know, not much of an attacking weapon. But wont let us down defencevly.

Marty could be OK but if there's the slightest doubt, why risk him Round 1 in a game we're expected to lose anyway?

Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Bullemor
Lawton
Jake
Bench - Sipley, Boyle, TBA and TBA

TBA's could include Davey but ... 1st run after 12 months out with an ACL? Surely not
So down to Tuitavake, or maybe Sione Fainu?
Or for some variety on the bench, one of these: Tuipulotu... Koula ..Gordon CKT ??

Gawd I hope we don't lose any more to Covid!

This Cant Be Happening Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Marty could be OK but if there's the slightest doubt, why risk him Round 1 in a game we're expected to lose anyway?

Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Bullemor
Lawton
Jake
Bench - Sipley, Boyle, TBA and TBA

TBA's could include Davey but ... 1st run after 12 months out with an ACL? Surely not
So down to Tuitavake, or maybe Sione Fainu?
Or for some variety on the bench, one of these: Tuipulotu... Koula ..Gordon CKT ??

Gawd I hope we don't lose any more to Covid!

This Cant Be Happening Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
yes no way Keppie plays in the backrow. That looks more like a decent forward pack if Marty is out.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Karl Lawton
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Tolutau Koula, Toafofoa Sipley, Kurt De Luis, Andrew Davey

Can I ask why Harper gets a clean run into the side - I'd go speed, how come Walker not named on bench, he ain't on the injured list?

Lawton did nothing last week as well.

Can I ask why Harper gets a clean run into the side - I'd go speed, how come Walker not named on bench, he ain't on the injured list?

I think walker is injured Des said he would miss the 1st game. Harper was great last season, he and saab have a great combination. I didn't watch any of the trials how did the others boys go at center?

Walker injured his ankle on the weekend. That is why he is not in the team.

I think walker is injured Des said he would miss the 1st game. Harper was great last season, he and saab have a great combination. I didn't watch any of the trials how did the others boys go at center?
Yep, Walkers injured, Parker was his solid self as always, and is a Des favourite. Kuala went well, scored a run away try, and did what was asked of him. Saabs the fastest player in the NRL by a long way though.

Round 1:

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Harper
04. Parker
05. Garrick
06. Foz
07. DCE
08. Paseka
09. Crocker
10. Sipley
11. Keppie (has experience locking up Kikau with Harper)
12. Bullemore
13. Jake

14. Tolu (don't know if same kinda walker role because defending in the middle as a back in your NRL debut against the defending premiers is a big task but let him come on at some time for spark)
15. Lawton
16. Tapau (best form last year was when he came from bench)
17. Tuitavake/KDL (preferably Alec, might be too early but was seriously impressive in his trial and would do well coming off the bench with the guidance and energy of Marty)

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Karl Lawton
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Tolutau Koula, Toafofoa Sipley, Kurt De Luis, Andrew Davey
That's a slight variation from mine E4L, but can definitely live with this line up.

I notice Manly has firmed slightly in betting in the last couple of days for the Penrith game.
In from 2.55 to 2.35. Does that mean anything?
Maybe Cleary unlikely, or some of our blokes now more likely?
Anyway I expect a close tough match, regardless of how they line up.

I notice Manly has firmed slightly in betting in the last couple of days for the Penrith game.
In from 2.55 to 2.35. Does that mean anything?
Maybe Cleary unlikely, or some of our blokes now more likely?
Anyway I expect a close tough match, regardless of how they line up.
Possibly Cleary unlikely
Maybe on Penrith getting touched up in the trial
Perhaps just following the money in the market

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8