Predicted Rd 1 NRL teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Really can not see Schuster as anything but an 80 minute player even in the 2 nd row , Naturally respect all opinion but Schuster selected on the bench , just could not see it happening unless he had a very unlikely drastic form drop . Can see the appeal in thinking Davey can immediately step up but Bullemor and even Ben Turbo would be in equal contention if not more so . Just hope that Koula can receive every opportunity early to make his presence felt as a centre . Noticed that Brad Parker is trying to improve his speed in the off season and sure that Harper has been working on his fitness and preparation but koula seems too good a prospect to not be given every opportunity and encouragement to make a play as a starting centre as early as possible.
Interesting comments MA, but have to admit I'm starting to warm to the thought of Schuster coming off the bench. His energy levels coming into games at various points of the game will be well suited for Schuster in attacking situations. Having so much strike power coming of the bench in Walker, Bullimore and Shuster is something to be excited about.

Interesting comments MA, but have to admit I'm starting to warm to the thought of Schuster coming off the bench. His energy levels coming into games at various points of the game will be well suited for Schuster in attacking situations. Having so much strike power coming of the bench in Walker, Bullimore and Shuster is something to be excited about.
Just that Schuster still seems one of the most creative players emerging , has heaps of natural ability overall and only my humble opinion of course but better for him to be on the field for the 80 or as close as possible to the 80 . Bench or coming off the bench just does not seem either fitting or helpful for a player of his calibre and not too sure that being regarded as a 60 minute or so player would be very appealing to him also . Having the best play makers and players on the paddock for the full 80 if possible would always be my preferred option .

I think when creative and tricky players come off the bench they tend to overplay their hand and make errors, because they aren’t in the rhythm of the game.

Des threw Schuster into the game as an 80 minute forward, because he needed experience and to be out here all game to learn to time his input.

Just that Schuster still seems one of the most creative players emerging , has heaps of natural ability overall and only my humble opinion of course but better for him to be on the field for the 80 or as close as possible to the 80 . Bench or coming off the bench just does not seem either fitting or helpful for a player of his calibre and not too sure that being regarded as a 60 minute or so player would be very appealing to him also . Having the best play makers and players on the paddock for the full 80 if possible would always be my preferred option .
I can see your points also. I remember those grinding type games we had in the forwards where Schuster looked gassed and fatigued also. Anyway, food for thought for Des to figure out. But I expect he'll start off with Schuster playing the majority of minutes.

NRL fox Prediction is Des will be doing what he does best with his predictable team selections

Trial form again will not count again and Des will be loyal to the 17 from last season and not loyal to his whole 30 man squad

It is Predicted talented players from the 30 man squad like the Raging Bull Bullemore will not break in to the top 17 unless one of those 17 2021 players breaks a leg

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Dylan Walker 15. Karl Lawton 16. Sean Keppie 17. Toafofoa Sipley

Conceivably we could be without our 2 most experienced props, our 2 second rowers, and our bench impact man.

Fingers crossed Marty and Walker are OK. If so, Lawton to right second row and Burbo to bench.

Worst case, no Marty, Aloiai, Schu, Haumole, Walker, and Davey still not ready.

Backs pick themselves (because Des confirmed Harper will be in).

So - forwards
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Bullemor
Lawton
Jake

Bench - Sipley, Burbo...
Davey? if fit, but must be a question mark 'one question mark' ...
DeLuis ?? not even in the top 30 ( = 2 question marks)
Boyle ??- some experience so possibly a middle option if Davey is fit but would be at least 2 question marks
Tuitavake?? like, but a tough first grade debut so 2 question marks
Sione Fainu ???? did play some dummy half in last year's trial, but nil this year - 4 question marks
Koula ???? a surprise 14 option if no Walker - to be used the way Pappenhuysen was when he first came into the Storm team, tackle the big boys as needed in the middle and use his speed to cause problems round the ruck - 4 question marks

That's a lot of question marks :)

Last edited:
Conceivably we could be without our 2 most experienced props, our 2 second rowers, and our bench impact man.
With hindsight, if Des had played a different team in each half as in the first trial, we would have all hands on deck except the two Joshs for Round One (it appears Marty will be okay). Penrith will be a tough game and a real test of character. If we can scrape a win, it will put us in good stead for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
"Olakau'atu's injury is a concern for Manly, given they are already without second-rower Josh Schuster for the opening six rounds of the season.

Ethan Bullemor will fill one edge, while Karl Lawton will now likely fill the other with Andrew Davey an option on the bench."

Looks like Marty & Walks are good to go for round 1.

Looks like Marty & Walks are good to go for round 1.
As of this morning, apparently not.

Walker out and Marty in doubt.

I hope Marty can play but having some experience with lower back ailments it will be hard, the psychological scars can linger for a while after extreme pain, which he clearly experienced the other night.

There was also an incident in one of last year's finals when Marty got up slowly, grimacing and holding his back. He played on, but sounds like whatever the problem (too many weights?!!) it will need to be careful managed this year.

I hope Marty can play but having some experience with lower back ailments it will be hard, the psychological scars can linger for a while after extreme pain, which he clearly experienced the other night.

There was also an incident in one of last year's finals when Marty got up slowly, grimacing and holding his back. He played on, but sounds like whatever the problem (too many weights?!!) it will need to be careful managed this year.
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big trouble with three out

Just proves how pointless these November Rd 1 predicted teams stories are.Fox obviously desperate for content,highlighted by today’s attempt at garnering sympathy for Blake Ferguson

There was also an incident in one of last year's finals when Marty got up slowly, grimacing and holding his back. He played on, but sounds like whatever the problem (too many wei
1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Garrick
6 Fox
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Burbo
12 Bully
13 Jake
14 Lawton
15 Toff
16 Delux
17 Kula

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Garrick
6 Fox
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Burbo
12 Bully
13 Jake
14 Lawton
15 Toff
16 Delux
17 Kula
Don't mind that side, especially Koula on the bench would create a lot of interest. Although Tuipulotu may be more likely.

Five, if Schuster & Aloiai are included. We will be at long odds, so it might be worth taking a punt for anyone who has faith we can cause an upset.
Yes Manly was outsiders even before any of the injuries and certainly now.
However I don't think the mindset will be 'let's take a punt on something/someone and hope to jag an upset'
The mindset will be to set the standard for this season, which means whoever is on the field will get the job done, and discipline building pressure and obviously ball control will be key, especially at this time of year.

As for springing an upset, I still rate our chances. Pennies may be missing Cleary, and have lost Pangai, Capewell, Naden and Burton. While ever we still have Turbo DCE and Foz we are always a chance. :)

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
5 Garrick
6 Fox
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Burbo
12 Bully
13 Jake
14 Lawton
15 Toff
16 Delux
17 Kula
Yikes, just saw Burbo out, so think again!
[edit - whacko's whispers, so no idea how credible this info is]

Last edited:
Don't mind that side, especially Koula on the bench would create a lot of interest. Although Tuipulotu may be more likely.
I not sure about Delux ,Tuitavake or Boyle could take his place and if Lawton comes on to an edge than Bully could move to the middle forward

With how things are looking due to unfortunate pre-season injuries, this is how I think we will line up against the Panthers in Round 1:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Sean Keppie
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Ben Trbojevic, Tofofoa Sipley, Karl Lawton, Kurt de Luis

Koula or Davey to be 18th man.

With how things are looking due to unfortunate pre-season injuries, this is how I think we will line up against the Panthers in Round 1:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Ethan Bullemor
SR - Sean Keppie