Predicted 7th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
We don't need to fly under the radar as we are pretty much off the green mappy thing. According to the experts we are a peripheral blip that, come September, is converted into a speed bump for a grand finalist.

Welcome to the MOR people.

Teams that have a very good chance at finishing ahead of us after 26 rounds imo.
Storm
Bulldogs _ depending when Barba is back.
Souths
Cowboys
Possibly above us if they have a great year.
Sharks
Roosters
Broncos _ maybe.

weev said:
We don't need to fly under the radar as we are pretty much off the green mappy thing. According to the experts we are a peripheral blip that, come September, is converted into a speed bump for a grand finalist.

Welcome to the MOR people.

According to who?

Let's not forget that one of the 'brightest' minds in the game, Gould, often tipped us for the spoon or just outside the 8. I think he even tipped us outside the 8 in 2008.

These 'experts' are too often guided by prejudice (or hatred) towards us to actually think rationally.

Mind you, when you study the loss/gains of our squad, I can understand the sentiment of people suggesting we may drop from 2012. 7th is a little low by anyone's standards, but where do you expect to see us, weev? I reckon 4th-5th.

Look to the smartess minds in the game, those who fix the odds. All betting agencies have us in the 8. About 5th or 6th.
Titans panthers dragons and parra will miss the 8. That leaves 12into 8spots. Canberra Newcastle NZ and Bris will probably be the others to miss out. Surely we can finish above said teams.

Experts - drips under pressure - predicted the Tigers to win 2012.
Their tips mean nothing.

I see us very much like the storm, Its not about gains and losses but retention
And like the storm i see us just proving people wrong all the time with the nucleus we have. We may not win it but we can give it a shake with foz, cherry, brettt , ballin, stewie, watters, king, kite, joe and mattai

I think considering the nucleus we have, getting horo, faaoso, lawnton and lawrence, symons and some real good kids is very very good recruiting

2011 we were not picked to make the 8 and we all know what happened that year. :)

A prediction of 7th sounds about right from the so called "experts" ..

If the new players can show some dazzle then I think we are top 4. If johns has taught the halves anything we are top 4.

If both happen we could be top 2.

Interesting most commenters have a modest expectation this year. Hope we are all shocked and awed.

jbb/james said:
And like the storm i see us just proving people wrong all the time with the nucleus we have. We may not win it but we can give it a shake with foz, cherry, brettt , ballin, stewie, watters, king, kite, joe and mattai

I think considering the nucleus we have, getting horo, faaoso, lawnton and lawrence, symons and some real good kids is very very good recruiting

This.

The amount of injuries sustained throughout the season will also have a massive effect on the top 8.

jbb/james said:

Did we end up securing Symons? It was reported somewhere it fell through due to the cap issue with Snake. May have changed though if they just had to pay a fine instead of shedding players? Anyone know?

Still have a top 2 spine, and I think the forward pack will go well this season with the added depth. Manly did well enough last season without Trex for a number of games, to suggest that the forwards can get the job done.

2 factors will determine how well we go this year.
1. Injuries - Because of the salary cap if you dont keep your top 17 on the field for the majority of the year then you will struggle. Cop a season ender to a star or 2 then you're gone.We have the talent and ability to win it again no doubt.
2. Leadership - the relationship between the coaching staff and the players. Is the coach and his staff up to it. Do we have a premiership winning team at the top. Well the jury is still out on this one. Does Tooves have the ability to jell a tightnight group and steel them for a premiership. This year is a BIG test for 2V. No excuses (bar major injuries) here. He has the cattle now he must drive them in the right direction.

all the experts are generally biased so although I find their opinions interesting, I don't take them seriously. For instance everyone mentions lack of depth which this year is a load of crap.

JBB James. It said in another column that it was a done deal, but I've seen nothing mentioned in the major news outlets so who knows?

I see Manly going through a transition period now they have secured a wealth of junior talent. But though they have some solid experienced backup players I dont know that Manly is yet able to sustain too many injuries without faltering. The junior talent wont be ready for a year, except perhaps for Chee-Kan. Manly cant at this stage lose their major players to injury or suspendion. I'm speaking of The Stewart brothers, Matai, Foran, Cherry-Evans, Watmough, Kite and Lyon. I think we can cover most other positions OK but not those.

So for me if Manly's big guns remain functioning at top level we could finish in the top 4. If not then it could be as low as out of the 8. I think Manly will improve its stakes by 2014-5, when some of the, what I believe potential test standard juniors, come on line.

A great example of the experts was The Nose Gasnier in the Fox Preview show.Said Manly had no depth and only mentioned Gower as a pickup ffs.He also said that Joey was very excited by our young talent but then he blithered something about Joey always getting excited about anything.

Do these people do any research.Chee Kam,Sau,Hiku,Gagan were among the best u20 Players going around.Add Gutherson and Trobjevik as home grown talent as well.Horo,Faoso,Lawrence,Symonds have all shown heaps of promise in the top grade.Compared to last year we have a bucketload of depth .According to these fools the loss of Whare,Lussick and Oldfield will finish us!

Not sure how we will go but it wont be depth that gets us.

Here's a prediction I bet none of the so called experts will argue with. I predict once again we will not collect the wooden spoon. That honour will again go to one of the clubs supported by the experts.
Since The Sea Eagles first Grand Final appearance in 1951, the club has appeared in 18 Grand Finals in eight consecutive decades. The club has never won the wooden spoon in its 63 seasons, the longest period of any current club.

Those are amazing statistics. You'd have to think with a history like that we'd be the first team tipped each year to make the finals. We're not though, can't figure out why. Then again I'm not an expert...

Lockyers top 8 in todays courier mail. Brisbane 4th, Manly not in the 8. Bahaha. Nuff said.

Clint said:
Lockyers top 8 in todays courier mail. Brisbane 4th, Manly not in the 8. Bahaha. Nuff said.
That head knock he copped off Corey Norman has obviously had a serious long term effect.

I find it amazing the pre season / most the season favourites are not in some top 8's

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6