Pre season ST Get Together

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bloody Bass!!

was supposed to be going out with my neighbour this weekend on his big boat but it’s pissing down and as windy as buggery , oh well **** happens.
Such a good fish to hunt. Like I tell Hannah, fishing is about 1% catching fish the rest is the adventure. I just need to stop getting injured

Was way up a remote creek hunting bass, when I slipped on a rock and slipped down into the water between rocks. A rock or a stick pierced through my shin. Chipped the bone nice puncture wound.
Still had to carry kayak across 30m of rocks and paddle another 1.5 hours back to the car with a good 500m walk with the kayak along a silted section.

Good times. Last week rolled the bad knee on a descent from a ridge down to a fishing spot 8km hike back to the car.

Week before a bank collapsed on me and fell and wedged myself against a tree to save myself falling 10m and tore my shoulder/bicep. All outside of phone reception and a mission to get back.

I wonder why Hannah worries about me when I go on adventures.

Broke my favourite rod too and this is the worst time of year to get a new one

Holy poop on a stick!

Sounds like some bad 3 stooges movie!

tenor.gif

Was way up a remote creek hunting bass, when I slipped on a rock and slipped down into the water between rocks. A rock or a stick pierced through my shin. Chipped the bone nice puncture wound.
Still had to carry kayak across 30m of rocks and paddle another 1.5 hours back to the car with a good 500m walk with the kayak along a silted section.

Good times. Last week rolled the bad knee on a descent from a ridge down to a fishing spot 8km hike back to the car.

Week before a bank collapsed on me and fell and wedged myself against a tree to save myself falling 10m and tore my shoulder/bicep. All outside of phone reception and a mission to get back.

I think you've gotta give up fishing mate

I think you've gotta give up fishing mate
It's not the fishing that causes the injuries it's the crazy locations in which I choose to go and the risks I take. Might just chase some soapies on the Hawkesbury or something for a few weeks whilst I heal

Hmmm i think its time to take up Canasta.... or get a Nintendo wii
Lots of fishing games ;)

It's not the fishing that causes the injuries it's the crazy locations in which I choose to go and the risks I take. Might just chase some soapies on the Hawkesbury or something for a few weeks whilst I heal
Not a bad alternative, it used to be a favourite fishing haunt for me some years ago

Hi Dan, thought I may add this - after some similar experiences to yours in remote places but still wanting to get off the beaten track I now mitigate the risk by taking a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) with me - I use the SPOT system SPOT Satellite Communication Devices | Saved by SPOT (findmespot.com)
It's lightweight and compact and holds pre-recorded messages so you can let those at home know you're safe and where you are.
I use the tracker function to ping good spots I find along the way so that I can track them on google earth when I get back so that's been very useful.
Never had to use one for emergency as yet but feel so much better that I have it in case I do (eg I can spend a day on Oberon Dam and not see a soul the whole day where I fish and some spots have nil or patchy phone comms - a rolled ankle or busted leg (or even stuck in the mud for over an hour as happened to me a few years ago in when crossing a creek feeding Lake Jindabyne) could see you there for quite an extended period without the ability to call for help and, dependent upon the time of year it can be very cold or very hot!)
Fishing the NT, back country NZ or even the Snowy's hard to get to spots mean there's not a lot of people getting to them as they hard to get to so I don't leave home without means to contact the cavalry.
Of course the usual precaution of letting people know where you're going and when you'll be back is a given.

Hi Dan, thought I may add this - after some similar experiences to yours in remote places but still wanting to get off the beaten track I now mitigate the risk by taking a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) with me - I use the SPOT system SPOT Satellite Communication Devices | Saved by SPOT (findmespot.com)
It's lightweight and compact and holds pre-recorded messages so you can let those at home know you're safe and where you are.
I use the tracker function to ping good spots I find along the way so that I can track them on google earth when I get back so that's been very useful.
Never had to use one for emergency as yet but feel so much better that I have it in case I do (eg I can spend a day on Oberon Dam and not see a soul the whole day where I fish and some spots have nil or patchy phone comms - a rolled ankle or busted leg (or even stuck in the mud for over an hour as happened to me a few years ago in when crossing a creek feeding Lake Jindabyne) could see you there for quite an extended period without the ability to call for help and, dependent upon the time of year it can be very cold or very hot!)
Fishing the NT, back country NZ or even the Snowy's hard to get to spots mean there's not a lot of people getting to them as they hard to get to so I don't leave home without means to contact the cavalry.
Of course the usual precaution of letting people know where you're going and when you'll be back is a given.
Not a bad idea and might let Hannah feel better about me going

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6