Pre-Match Manly v Roosters Round 22 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Holmsey

Bencher
I saw the dominant win by parra last night .
There was no arm grabbing by their players , they drove their opponents back wards with strong and secure defence.
There was no side ways running by their players, they run hard, fast and straight over the top or around their opposition .
Parra carried no passengers in their team as they all contributed to the down the dogs .
Can we defeat the roosters ?
We can if all our players contribute and we carry no passengers in our team
Time for EVERY player to show their worth !!!
View attachment 6145
I might get a spray but when DCE, Koroisau and Walker run side ways looking for hole thats how we get a lot of points. Hell dalys running game is based on running side ways until he finds a gap or puts someone through one. Running sideways is only bad when you dont have the right to, thats our problem at the moment in attack. Not enough hard stuff to earn the ability to be more flamboyant with our running.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I might get a spray but when DCE, Koroisau and Walker run side ways looking for hole thats how we get a lot of points. Hell dalys running game is based on running side ways until he finds a gap or puts someone through one. Running sideways is only bad when you dont have the right to, thats our problem at the moment in attack. Not enough hard stuff to earn the ability to be more flamboyant with our running.
No spray @Turbo1 as every one has the right to say :)
I was not talking about the side way runs from Walker and Api that create and find holes.
I was talking about the ineffective side way runs from players like Kelly that have no impact at all
I seriously cant remember the last time Kelly made a line break .

brad

First Grader
Actually the results going our way last night could be good . Play without the pressure of dropping out of the 8 may allow us to get back to basics and get on a roll. Win or lose won't really affect our position that much , but we need to be in the fight with the roosters so we can take that into the games ahead that we are expected to win.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Actually the results going our way last night could be good . Play without the pressure of dropping out of the 8 may allow us to get back to basics and get on a roll. Win or lose won't really affect our position that much , but we need to be in the fight with the roosters so we can take that into the games ahead that we are expected to win.

Agree with that , pressure is off a little but we still need to win, do so and it sets us up for the games that follow.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree with that , pressure is off a little but we still need to win, do so and it sets us up for the games that follow.
Plus 2 game ( 4point cap) over the dragons for us if we win
Big game tomorrow, if the boys can't get up for tomorrow's game,not necessarily win but be in the fight I don't know what will motivate them.

court83

Bencher
jeez, hoping for a manly win but its not looking good... that 30 pt hiding by the dragons looked bad in its own right, but in the 2 weeks since, the dragons have lost to the wooden spooners and a pretty much no hope bunnies outfit, makes our demolition by them look that much worse by comparison

Holmsey

Bencher
jeez, hoping for a manly win but its not looking good... that 30 pt hiding by the dragons looked bad in its own right, but in the 2 weeks since, the dragons have lost to the wooden spooners and a pretty much no hope bunnies outfit, makes our demolition by them look that much worse by comparison
Against dragons we had half our squad out, including our 6 and 9.

court83

Bencher
Against dragons we had half our squad out, including our 6 and 9.
and had them replaced by guys most on here thought should be in the starting 13 anyway (well, atleast hastings)
are we really going to pin a 30 pt hiding on a nfew injuries? cmon, what was last weeks excuse then? refs??? again???

we havnt aimed up AT ALL in the last 2 weeks, THATS where the blame needs to be, not excuses...
i think this week we will have a much better showing, but going to be a hard game to win.. my tip is 1-12 either way lol

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
And from what i have seen over the last few games DCE should be kicking goals. Wrights last two shots were fairly easy and he missed them both.

D

Deleted member 26876

Well said. Also, if we can get the ball out a little quicker and have players all running onto the ball daly probably wouldn't need to run side ways most of the time.

Holmsey

Bencher
and had them replaced by guys most on here thought should be in the starting 13 anyway (well, atleast hastings)
are we really going to pin a 30 pt hiding on a nfew injuries? cmon, what was last weeks excuse then? refs??? again???

we havnt aimed up AT ALL in the last 2 weeks, THATS where the blame needs to be, not excuses...
i think this week we will have a much better showing, but going to be a hard game to win.. my tip is 1-12 either way lol
A few injuries? Including half the spine. No team can win or get close with the amount we had out. We definitely havent been aiming up though.

court83

Bencher
A few injuries? Including half the spine. No team can win or get close with the amount we had out. We definitely havent been aiming up though.
Knights beat them with a park football squad.. None of their spine bar maybe hodko gets a run in any other nrl team..
All ive heard all year is "bring parker in, bring parker in, hasting should start"
When they play, they are used as an excuse for a loss??

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If we beat the Roosters we are top 8 certainties and back into top 4 contention.

This is our most important game of the season for many reasons
We've beaten them twice already this year, a trial and round 1, both times with a late try to Walker. Their team looks weaker this time, on paper at least, plus we are at Brookvale, regardless of the name of the ground. I am cautiously optimistic.

winnyason

Bencher
As long as we have a crack and not show weak crap defence of last 2 weeks.
The backs 3 these days play key role in sets where i believe we been down. Aku needs ro do more runs and not run across field, matt wright a passenger, dylan we need he strong runs back across field no. Defence both centres need to jamb in huge gaps with slide back peddle. Need to support marty in middle he getting no help i would say even jake a bit down on running metres.
Just have a crack no doubt we only make a numbers in 8 but have a dig.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16