Pre-match Finals [Week 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Think Penrith will be much harder opponents this week.
They will come out firing, totally different team to last week.
Penrith will target Dylan walker
Our boys need to stand up this week.
Not going to be much in it, but if Penrith start strong and have the momentum think we will be in for a long night.
I will say us by 7 but not as confident as last week
Yes but I think Manly will be harder too!
The start is very important, Panthers are capable of putting on a couple of quick tries and that could deflate and distract our men.
Nevertheless there is no doubt in the world that Manly will be 'up' for this and even if we have to scramble hard, imagine the momentum we'll have if we win tomorrow!
Therefore this is unquestionably... Migoty!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm going into the Internet wilderness for a few days at a place called Mungo National Park so no range until Sunday when we get to Mildura.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my Sat dish to connect and still watch the game.

Fingers crossed everyone, see you on the other ( hopefully winning) side.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Waqa Blake has been diagnosed with a large labral tear, requiring him to undergo a season-ending shoulder reconstruction early next week.

manly al

First Grader
It is an interesting season comparison between Manly and the Panthers and leading into tomorrow night"s final. Both teams have shown the ability to put on points rapidly but have on occasions also had a concerning issue with conceding a lot of points to their disadvantage . At least on their two previous clashes , the Sea Eagles have been able to show the better and more determined defensive resolve and i think that if repeated, that of course this can help to give an extra edge to Manly tomorrow night . Inexperience should not really be a problem for Manly as a fair proportion of the team has had some prior big match experience and if D C E and Green can again get the platform for some effective game management , hopefully the rest will take care of it self and with Manly ascendant again . Certainly of course also , yes , one game at a time , but also if Manly can keep their momentum going and continue in a winning way , who knows how far that they can then go .

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
That's not great for us, he had pace but can be exploited in every other area of his game

Yeah but they are now getting lean on outside backs.

Edwards is a mabye, Moylan is out and they released Hiku.

It may also force them to bring edwards back early, making him vulnerable to injury. Noting that Edwards didn't train Tuesday.

Also noted that Tim Browne and Merrin did not train on Tuesday either and were rested because of the physicality of Saturdays game.

Last edited:

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That's not great for us, he had pace but can be exploited in every other area of his game
I know Kelly carved him up last week but his absence is still a plus I reckon, he can burn teams with quick long distance tries and has done it to us before.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who'd have thought back in February or March that we'd be lining up in a semifinal against the Panthers - as favourites!

Mitch

Bencher
Yeah but they are now getting lean on outside backs.

Edwards is a mabye, Moylan is out and they released Hiku.

It may also force them to bring edwards back early, making him vulnerable to injury. Noting that Edwards didn't train Tuesday.

Also noted that Tim Browne and Merrin did not train on Tuesday either and were rested because of the physicality of Saturdays game.

Edwards reported training at fullback today. Strapped up but looks good to go.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Has anyone worked out who the best loser of Rorters v Broncs would be for Manly :think:

Loser gets a home game I think, so Manly may want the injured Broncs to go straight through to week 3

Eels - to spoil #356 for me at any rate :devil:

Fluffy

Journey Man
Has anyone worked out who the best loser of Rorters v Broncs would be for Manly :think:

Loser gets a home game I think, so Manly may want the injured Broncs to go straight through to week 3

Eels - to spoil #356 for me at any rate :devil:

well one team we have beaten twice this year, the other we lost to once.

I know who I would prefer

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Edwards reported training at fullback today. Strapped up but looks good to go.

If that is case I dare say they need him to play so they can shift Whare to centre.

Game plan for us is clear.

Contested Bombs at Edwards to force him to jump on that knee.

When kicking deep, strong kick chase, he isnt going to take hit ups as he will pass to his wingers. Need at least 3 people up in their face on kick returns. Will force both wingers to cover him and condense their attack.

Strong runs up the middle.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Panther Tim Browne is out of #NRLManlyPanthers due to hand injury, either Kikau/Leota will come onto bench Blake out Edwards FB Whare Centre

XV-1

First Grader
It is official

Blake out and Dylan Edwards in. Whare to centre.

That is a lot stronger Penrith team.

Time for DCE / Sirro / Walker to terrorise the Rif.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Not sure that a fullback with an unstable knee is a threat

giphy.gif

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
If that is case I dare say they need him to play so they can shift Whare to centre.

Game plan for us is clear.

Contested Bombs at Edwards to force him to jump on that knee.

When kicking deep, strong kick chase, he isnt going to take hit ups as he will pass to his wingers. Need at least 3 people up in their face on kick returns. Will force both wingers to cover him and condense their attack.

Strong runs up the middle.

Contested bombs.....................like that has been in our game plan at all this year!!
You forget we don't have anyone in the team that can jump and catch at the same time!! (a lot seem to have trouble just managing one)

I like your thinking though!

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Contested bombs.....................like that has been in our game plan at all this year!!
You forget we don't have anyone in the team that can jump and catch at the same time!! (a lot seem to have trouble just managing one)

I like your thinking though!
our guys can jump and contest attacking bombs ... we seem to get confused about defending them

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18