PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flu and Bronchitis are down around 20% since COVID so I imagine your Doctor mates have noticed the loss of income from the man-flu brigade. (WTF is that anyway)

I got Encephalitis from the surf at Manly, before the outfall was installed,
My old man caught Ross River Virus on holiday in a 5star resort apparently the mossies didn't notice how close or far away he was from other people. (And I don't play that change the premise of the discussion subtly either iv'e been around too long)
I called BS on the first statement. (was actually told this by a couple of doctors.)

Last edited:

Australian Medical Association NSW vice-president Andrew Zuschmann said this year doctors were seeing much lower community rates of influenza infection.

"What it's telling us is that many of the measures that are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 within the community are also very effective at reducing transmission of influenza," he said.

In total, from January to the end of June 2019, more than 132,000 people were diagnosed with the flu.

This year, almost 21,000 people were diagnosed during the same period.

Australian Medical Association NSW vice-president Andrew Zuschmann said this year doctors were seeing much lower community rates of influenza infection.

"What it's telling us is that many of the measures that are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 within the community are also very effective at reducing transmission of influenza," he said.

In total, from January to the end of June 2019, more than 132,000 people were diagnosed with the flu.

This year, almost 21,000 people were diagnosed during the same period.
Well thanks for the flu update, but I called BS on viruses not the flu specifically.

Annually there is usually around 170,000 - 180,000 cases of flu confirmed by lab tests annually.
Last year there was 16,000 only.
Try googling Aerosol transmission. Not all viruses are transmitted the same way, the drop in flu deaths is only a happy byproduct of preventing COVID.

Yeah I think with Cust's injury and Saddler availability it may be the right time to pull the dce to 9 move. Doubt we'll ever see it but I think this week should be the one if any, Schu to 6, Foz controlling the game, Saddler adjusting to an edge until Olakautau is back next week (or so I think I heard in the injury report the other day, the physio/doctor dude said 'we are hoping he will be available next week').

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4