PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it a coincidence we have some of the best players in the game not performing to their ability? And apparently some future stars all apparently playing crap at the same time?

Cherry. A brilliant half back. Regarded as one of the best in the game.
Jake. A brilliant lock. Regarded as one of the best in the game.
Suli. Regarded as an exciting and dominating centre for the future.
Shuster. The most exciting prospect in the game. Now not making an influence and playing out of position.
Marty. Once one of the most dominating forwards in the game.
Sirronen. Once an exciting edge runner who has become mediocre.

Des seems to have come up with the ability to turn good players into average. And promising players into less than average, due to lack of support.

The common factor. DES

Not a coincidence I fear.
Any way you cut it
* Any coach that has a team with the calibre of those players*
* and his team is not capable of competing in games*
but only capitulates with record breaking scores is grossly under achieving

THE MORE GAMES DES LOSES IN A ROW
THE MORE RESPECT HE LOSES AS A COMPETENT NRL COACH

This recent Media headline says it all......
DIABOLICAL SEA EAGLES LOOK OUTSIDE THE NEST AMID HORROR RUN
DES TOLD TO CALL GREEN TO HELP OUT
That is so humiliating for Des and so are our teams constant record thrashings

DES ,
BRING BACK SOME PRIDE IN THE MANLY JERSEY BY LIFTING OUR MANLY BOYS TO A RESILIENT WIN AGAINST THE WARRIORS THIS WEEK AND EARN SOME RESPECT

COME ON DES . DO WHAT YOU DO BEST

DO NOT JUST DEFEAT THE WARRIORS

DESTROY THE BASTARDS !!!

aggressive-eagle-holding-desert-savage-word-cracked-sand-texture-vintage-style-isolated-vector...jpg

What are those calling for Harper to fullback basing it on ? He doesn't have much of a history it that position. Are we just hoping he'll be slightly less hopeless than Walker ? I watched Harper play fullback in Tigers trial game and it was a bit underwhelming to be honest. I don't see what Harper offers at 1, other than freeing Walker up to play centre.

Harper at centre is a reasonable call though, he had a couple of good games there last year. Will he get any decent ball outside DCE and Jetski though ? Plus he better have his shoulders warmed up, that right edge will be seeing some traffic if the Warriors have been doing their homework
I think it is more Walker to centre that people are calling for with Harper being the only real replacement at 1. Walker not playing centre is totally ridiculous. If he was there v Saints he scores a double at least. Instead we had Parker make a meal of it three or four times.

I think it is more Walker to centre that people are calling for with Harper being the only real replacement at 1. Walker not playing centre is totally ridiculous. If he was there v Saints he scores a double at least. Instead we had Parker make a meal of it three or four times.
The thing is , Funa wasn’t great at fullback last year BUT he was marginally better than Walker.

So Harper / Funa at 1 wouldn’t be much of a downgrade , possibly even , maybe better.

HOWEVER, Walker instead of Parker !!!!!!!!!

The thing is , Funa wasn’t great at fullback last year BUT he was marginally better than Walker.

So Harper / Funa at 1 wouldn’t be much of a downgrade , possibly even , maybe better.

HOWEVER, Walker instead of Parker !!!!!!!!!
It is amazing how we all see things differently

Sorry feathered friend but Funa is another failure IMO

Harper was very impressive at the back in our trial

As for Parker ... He will be Des's pall-bearer if he continues to stick with him

Is it a coincidence we have some of the best players in the game not performing to their ability? And apparently some future stars all apparently playing crap at the same time?

Cherry. A brilliant half back. Regarded as one of the best in the game.
Jake. A brilliant lock. Regarded as one of the best in the game.
Suli. Regarded as an exciting and dominating centre for the future.
Shuster. The most exciting prospect in the game. Now not making an influence and playing out of position.
Marty. Once one of the most dominating forwards in the game.
Sirronen. Once an exciting edge runner who has become mediocre.

Des seems to have come up with the ability to turn good players into average. And promising players into less than average, due to lack of support.

The common factor. DES

Not a coincidence I fear.
Spot on

Look how well the Morris twins are playing since they left the dogs A prime example of what Des can do to a players performance

Can someone explain why the Penns have given Des another two years extension?

Spot on

Look how well the Morris twins are playing since they left the dogs A prime example of what Des can do to a players performance

Can someone explain why the Penns have given Des another two years extension?
The Dogs were mediocre the last season before Des was shown the Door
All players were underperforming as you say and the team looked lost just like ours is at the moment.

The Penns are on the ball with this new performance based extension
This extension is all about performance

Hey here's a thought. How about we play a hooker at hooker, a 2nd rower at 2nd row, a future star 5/8 at 5/8th, a center at center and a fullback at fullback. Maybe then we might cutback the 40 pt floggings. This madness has to stop.
Oh come on !

That's never going to happen!

Just sayin’

I suspect this game will really put the cat among the Sea Pigeons. A biggish loss to a team also hit by injury and in the bottom half of the comp, will I suspect be just a bridge too far for the Manly admin. At least I hope so.
Sea Pigeons lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8