PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Tigers v Manly [Round 7, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We must have won a game or two

#predictablejournoscum

MANLY FACE AWKWARD FORAN DILEMMA

The Sea Eagles’ resurgence is not without complication with an awkward decision looming on veteran Kieran Foran.

Des Hasler’s side has gone back-to-back after a disastrous start to the season with Foran playing a key role.

Foran joined Manly this season on a bargain basement one-year deal worth $200,000.

Wide World of Sports reports the Sea Eagles have promised rising star Josh Schuster the No.6 jersey in 2022 meaning Foran could find himself once again out in the cold.

Foran is still only 30 and — while Manly could look to re-sign the New Zealand international on similar money — he would likely want job security and an upgraded contract should he be able to build on his recent form and remain injury free.

#predictablejournoscum

The Sea Eagles’ resurgence is not without complication with an awkward decision looming on veteran Kieran Foran.

Des Hasler’s side has gone back-to-back after a disastrous start to the season with Foran playing a key role.

Foran joined Manly this season on a bargain basement one-year deal worth $200,000.

Wide World of Sports reports the Sea Eagles have promised rising star Josh Schuster the No.6 jersey in 2022 meaning Foran could find himself once again out in the cold.

Foran is still only 30 and — while Manly could look to re-sign the New Zealand international on similar money — he would likely want job security and an upgraded contract should he be able to build on his recent form and remain injury free.
I can't see why Foran can't play as a 'super sub' like Benchie does for Souffs. It would prolong his career and he'd be a handy fill in at 5/8 or hooker.
The Shoe should be our No. 1 priority, and he deserves to play where he believes he is best suited.

If we can hold the ball, we win this game at a canter.

Tigers are wounded mentally after being booed off Leichardt Oval and then going down to the Bunnies so dramatically. The pressure is firmly on them. They could crack if we bring our best early.
Bunnies were far from their best on Saturday as well. Mitchell a very quiet game and Walker seems very off at the moment, injured I think. It’s really hard to know what I get with the Tigers. But gee don’t we bloody owe em one from last years capitulation.

Tigers seem to lift against us and can see them again coming out super hard and attempting the ambush on Sunday.....the thing is, if Manly have the same desire as the Titans game, will do enough to hang in for the arm wrestle and then open them up with Tom T, Schu and co.....see a 26 - 16 Win in the end.

I hate the Tigpies and the b*stards ALWAYS lift against us...

...even when we lead by 14 points with 10min to go we are not safe...

this game will tell us a LOT about where we are in the pack... and what we can expect from 2021 (if we can keep the side on the park)...

I think it’s a bit of danger game, we are back on track to some degree but let’s not get carried away, a loss against the tigpies on Sun will undo what’s building, we need this win badly to keep our season on track, a loss will have us back near the bottom of the table whereas a win sees us stay within touch of the 8, (we must play every game like we want to play in September and who knows, maybe we will) therefore it’s a must win game really.
The tiges will see us as a golden opportunity to turn their season around and get a win, they will be full of confidence given
a) the recent trail (i get the details, that aside)
b) their recent record against us whereby they have become a bit of a bogey side for us,
c) their big come from behind win over us last year,
d) the game against souths, would of proved plenty to themselves and left them hungry for this week regardless who they play.
e) they have a very unstructured game that’s hard to defend against and play of the back of a lot of ab lib footy
f) they are extremely fit and play out the eighty well as a team they even seem to lift toward the back end (let’s hope last weeks game plays into our favour and not theirs, both physically and mentally)
g) they are desperate now and that makes them more dangerous
All of that aside this is a game we should win, must win and will win if we go in with the right attitude, work ethic and same desire as last week. We need to build on the last 2 weeks, we all know the week after is a big assignment, the 2 is up for grabs, I hope the boys keep up their defensive intensity and play out a strong 80 and we should all end the weekend feeling good again.

Last edited:
I can't see why Foran can't play as a 'super sub' like Benchie does for Souffs. It would prolong his career and he'd be a handy fill in at 5/8 or hooker.
The Shoe should be our No. 1 priority, and he deserves to play where he believes he is best suited.
If we have Fainu starting and Lawton/Cust as #14 options we don't really need Foz to play that role. I'd say we will re sign Foz IF Fainu is sent away. If he's free to play maybe Foz is surplus to our requirements especially if he wants a pay rise.

#predictablejournoscum

Bye bye Kieran.

Manly should do to him what he did to us. Lead him on to thinking we wil re-sign him, then tell him to fcuuk off at end of season.

That would be karma.

No they're not KW but nobody enjoys getting beat regardless of importance so hopefully the boys have a point to prove and kick their a*ses...
I agree, but - the trial team Des trotted out was a mixture of developmental players, BWS players, and a sprinkling of first graders. Manly have almost always performed like duds in trial games - they mean nothing - clubs like the Tigers celebrate trial form.

It is still crazy to think a couple of weeks ago I was begging for the season to be cancelled and now I am very much looking forward to games again. It is a nice feeling to have! Hope we can put in another solid performance because it is a game we should win, especially before playing Penrith the week after

I agree, but - the trial team Des trotted out was a mixture of developmental players, BWS players, and a sprinkling of first graders. Manly have almost always performed like duds in trial games - they mean nothing - clubs like the Tigers celebrate trial form.
Agree completely... I imagine the boys still would have smarted from watching them running in tries at will in that game though...

I know we were hardly set up for success in that trial but if it acts as motivation to beat them in the actual competition game than I will take it... I can't stand the tigpies - they vex me...

Bye bye Kieran.

Manly should do to him what he did to us. Lead him on to thinking we wil re-sign him, then tell him to fcuuk off at end of season.

That would be karma.
Not sure if you have seen the Aussie Netflix show 'Rake'... but one of the main characters leaves her fiance at the alter because she found another guy...

couple of years later she is alone again and he comes back into her life, forgives her and they decide to get married again but this time it will be low-key with minimal guest etc....

...she is the only one that shows up to the church....

hopefully Keiran is left standing at the church door, wondering where Manly is... lol...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4