PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Tigers v Manly [Round 7, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Unfortunately he was pretty injury prone in his stint with Manly . Coming good with injury is just so hard to anticipate and looks like he mainly considered as a centre these days despite previously being a back rower . Not a bad footy player but certainly hope that he is on a losing side tomorrow .

I dont think he was out that often through injury, compared with others. The whole thing was just handled poorly, at least from an outside observers perspective. Maybe there was much more to it, but if so it should have been stated because it left a bad taste among many of us supporters.

I dont think he was out that often through injury, compared with others. The whole thing was just handled poorly, at least from an outside observers perspective. Maybe there was much more to it, but if so it should have been stated because it left a bad taste among many of us supporters.
What? Not sure what you mean, Chee Kam had a succession of injuries and I don't recall anyone being upset when he was moved on.
Since then he has had 2 or 3 good moments for the Tigpies ... in the last 6 years :)

Are you implying that we stuffed up by releasing Chee-Kam?

I live in Parra so going to the game tomorrow, I haven't been able to bring myself to go to a game at Bankwest when it is a Parra home game, even though I can walk to the stadium.

All it will take is a few set restarts in the first 10-15 minutes and some starvation of the ball for the Tigers to get some confidence and get over the top of us.
I don’t know if our resolve is steely enough yet to come back from a slow start.

OK I feel better now. Sort of :)

To know, know, know him
Is to love, love, love him
And I do !
Run SER8..run... ;-)

run discover GIF

Refs controlling momentum??? We're all shocked!

Holbrook believes the Titans were disadvantaged by an unnecessary discussion, along with another moment in the second half when a scrum had to wait to form while a Rabbitohs forward was treated for cramping.

"I thought we got a bit of momentum there with that try from Peach and the game is meant to quicken up but then we stop for 15 minutes, I thought that's terrific there goes our momentum gone now," Holbrook said.

"Souths got a 10-minute break, they then got a good rest at a scrum which the new rule is if you have cramp you go off the field.
I would love to have heard what he said ‘off the record’. Im still pissed off about that game, because as Holbrook alluded to the momentum shift in favour of the top sides is bullshiit.
Its just absurd that you can’t call out a corrupt official for fear of getting fined.
Then you have to listen to the broken record Annersley, backing every dodgy move the refs make.

What? Not sure what you mean, Chee Kam had a succession of injuries and I don't recall anyone being upset when he was moved on.
Since then he has had 2 or 3 good moments for the Tigpies ... in the last 6 years :)

I remember Chee Kam. He only had a few games with Manly but showed some promise. Recall he was in the Australian School Boys team and an award winner in the NYC. He's not one of the best second rower/centres in the game, but he makes an impact. Hardly going to shine much in the Tigers team. Hasnt had that many injuries. What I recall was that he could do the unexpected quite often which is a valuable asset. Better than some of the forwards we've had in recent years.

Are you implying that we stuffed up by releasing Chee-Kam?

What I'm saying is that between 2015-20, we let go a number of players who would have performed better (and did elsewhere) than many of the second grades we retained. I realise that money was a problematic issue, but even so, some of the ones we let slip through our fingers and who we had already signed, was most poorly considered in my opinion...and we've remarked about that many times during that period. It seemed that our recruitment at the junior level was top class, but at senior level was disappointing

FYI tonight Waratahs vs rebels is at bankwest stadium.

the surface tomorrow is going to be very Uneven after tonight’s game.

just something to lookout for.

manly by 8 but no confidence at all about this tip.I hate us being favourites

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8