PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Raiders v Manly [Round 6, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can’t see us troubling the faders with that side and our current form - but they do have trouble with us usually. After this game our draw becomes a hell of a lot easier and we could string together a nice run to build the confidence.
3 and 3 , if we lose, is still a reasonable base to launch from and we can only get better.

Can’t see us troubling the faders with that side and our current form
Our team looks fine to me. Having said that, Williams may well be the final piece of the premiership puzzle for the Raiders. And Wighton is seriously right up with Tedesco and Turbo as the NRL's hardest player to stop.
Will be a good contest well worth watching!

Can’t see us troubling the faders with that side and our current form - but they do have trouble with us usually. After this game our draw becomes a hell of a lot easier and we could string together a nice run to build the confidence.
3 and 3 , if we lose, is still a reasonable base to launch from and we can only get better.
We certainly look a lot weaker with 2 of our starting backs out. This was always going to be our weakness. We can cover the forwards and even the halves to a certain degree but we are very slim out wide. Im hoping for a good effort but winning would take an extremely smart game from us and on current form seems unlikely. As you mentioned we have an easier draw after this week only playing 3 of last years top 5 teams. 3 from 6 is a pass mark, if we can scrape a win then 4 from 6 is a flying start to the season

Our team looks fine to me. Having said that, Williams may well be the final piece of the premiership puzzle for the Raiders. And Wighton is seriously right up with Tedesco and Turbo as the NRL's hardest player to stop.
Will be a good contest well worth watching!
Hopefully Wighton is out with his eye. It was pretty bad and I would imagine it would completely close up during the week. Id be surprised if he plays and even if he does he will be playing with one eye

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Todd Smith
Touch Judge

Phil Henderson
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Jared Maxwell
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be looking for the Hodgson one on one strip. He’s way down in that department so far this year.

Tight game, we need to watch out for Williams, he has done well against up and in defence. I'd like to see a lot of traffic directed at Papalii to wear him out. If we win the error count we win the game.

I think Des will likely go with the 17 listed, unless Sironen or others are not fully fit. I would prefer Keppie with his higher intensity to start ahead of Paseka. The 21 man squad indicates Schuster & Hopoate are not yet in the top 24 players. It might take quite a few injuries before these young guns are blooded.

Elliot and Garrick together on that right edge worry me. Wighton is a good runner of the ball and I presume Cotric will be on left wing now that Rapana is back. That's a couple of strong runners against a couple of weaker defenders.

Miski on bench intrigues me. Could Des be thinking another last minute switch of Missy for Miski ?? Funa or Garrick to centre and Abbas to wing ?

Taupua would be handy to have, but we can cover him as our middle forward depth is pretty good these days.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8