PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Tooves believes:
upload_2019-8-22_15-21-0.png

Ummmmm "improved game"???? He scored 2 tries, could have had 3, over 100 run meters & tackled pretty well. For someone who hasn't played for a while I think he did pretty good!
I think he means the errors he had 3 (raiders will not let us off the hook like a broken tigers outfit) if im not mistaken and was out of position a couple times or ran the wrong line. I think hes like watmough tough bastard who can runa good line and tackle hard. Under Des he will thrive!

We have been upsetting teams all season . This win by Manly should not be any different

One thing that concerns me in this game and leading into the finals is the Raiders ability to bait players into losing their **** with AFB, Walker and Jetski most prone to take the bait, not to mention their grubby tactics to unsettle the rest.
If ever there is a game where controlled aggression is called for this is it.

One thing that concerns me in this game and leading into the finals is the Raiders ability to bait players into losing their **** with AFB, Walker and Jetski most prone to take the bait, not to mention their grubby tactics to unsettle the rest.
You make good point there @StuBoot . I think Walker and co have been improving in that area.

Leilua and Rapana say hi.

Likewise Tapine, but he is out.

Leilua and Rapana say hi.

Likewise Tapine, but he is out.

Yes, they are walking penalties too especially BJ but it’s their all round grubbiness and home ground refereeing that concerns me more.
Let’s just hope that AFB and Marty can play their games and show them who’s boss.

It only takes one slight bit of perceived ill discipline that can derail our season - look at Waddells two match suspension for not a lot of aggro as an example.

Raiders left edge attack with Wighton will put a lot of pressure on us for sure.
However I wouldn't be surprised if the key match up turns out to be Elliott vs Leilua on the other side.
Especially with Turbo providing plenty of distraction down that edge I can imagine Elliott's footwork doing some damage. On the other side, Leilua with the ball can be hard to contain.

No doubt a good and skillful Raiders line up this weekend and Sezer from some indications has notably given some better wide running attacking options . in some ways , Manly has seemed to have the wood on the Raiders in recent seasons but of course will have to be on their game in every respect to first match them and then hopefully gain an edge . Just get the feeling that big games will be needed by D C E and Tom . Fainu could also be a key at certain stages of the match also . Siro would be ideally suited to this type of game but Jet Ski has ability and no reason why he can not play an effective role . A win over the in form Raiders would be a huge boost naturally in so many ways , Manly are good enough and maybe just need a few things to go their way also to get the job done .

In the Round 7 game against the Raiders, Manly started without Turbo, Walker & AFB and DCE was injured in the second half. We came from behind (trailing 12 points after 12 minutes) for a good win. It was a different stage of the season - Manly playing well, but Canberra hadn't yet found form. Elgey was injured during the warm up & Croker took his place. Below are the two team lists from that game.
Sea Eagles.jpg

Raiders.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12