PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 8, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I reckon Panthers will come out hard and fast. No more under the radar.
Our weakest time seems to be the first 20 minutes. Really going need perfect completion and no 6 agains. If we can hold em till then anything can happen

No errors and some good early ball will go a long way against the Panthers.

Turbo should be fresh enough after an early mark today.

It’s going to be a huge test , remember the Panthers have lost maybe 2 games in 18 months ( could be only one ).

Beat Panthers next week, make it 4 in a row and knock over the undefeated Panthers would certainly put us right back as heavyweights.
Whichever way it goes, it'll show where we really sit compared to the top sides.
Will be great to see what we can do with a fit Turbo and everyone firing on all cylinders. I genuinely think we are a decent shot at beating them if Turbo plays the full game

Last edited:
Bad news for us.
Talk of Luai not being the NSW 5/8 this week means he will destroy us in the first 20 mins.

Could not have come at a worse time.

They are beatable, all teams are, it’s totally up to us, our attitude, our hunger, it’s great to see the confidence that’s building, but this is the one for me, it will mean nothing if we don‘t go out and make a real dogfight of this weekend, this weeks about our D and taking it to them up the middle, they are deadly on the edges, if we can limit their edge play it will go a long way to evening up the contest, our backs should spend the week focusing on a strong defensive game, we have the game to stay with them in the middle, if our middles keep up their good work and build their intent and desire we can do a job on them, if they do that and our backs do their job defensivEly, we respect the ball, giving them cheap turn overs will kill us and 6 agains will kill us (Jake, cmon mate you need to work on this, no more, it’s not helping our defensive line get set, when we have to defend for another 6) anyway I just want a strong showing to keep up the good work and if the boys want it bad enough, then take it, because they won’t give it to us, but it is there for the taking, so let’s take it.

This game is a real opportunity to play against the best side in the comp and a game where we are total underdogs and are already written off.

The key to this game for Manly is controlling that ball. We cannot afford to give up the ball like we did yesterday. It was a huge win but that was a bad statistic and must be improved.

I want to see Manly put some heat on their halves who just run the show without pressure.

Good test to see where we truly are

I’m not a fan of those that conspiracy theories and that think the NRL are against Manly,because whatever any whines about,normally happens to other clubs too,but how can the NRL allow a team,Penrith in this instance,have a 9 day turn around to its opponents,Manly this time,6 day turn around?

I have a dream ... that one day someone with squillions buys a club ... and the minute the draw is released .. he goes to the courts and gains an injunction on the NRL ... and demands that all teams have the same opportunity ...

When teams don't play exactly the same teams as other teams, short turn arounds, some teams playing at the same time every week so they get into a rhythm while other teams play from 2pm til 8pm etc etc ...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8