PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 4, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last game vs Eels it was "That start"....Eels offloaded early at will and blew us off the park.
Manly took a while to get into the game and can't afford these type of head starts, particularly when you know refs are going to give blocks of 3-4 straight sets when they feel like it....
Fainu was dynamic off the bench that night and the comeback was gutsy, but the horse bolted early....always a tall order after that opening 20....
I reckon they will attempt the same plan...offloads and bringing the wingers in too bend the line and create momentum early.
If matched early, Eels they will set for cross field bombs to Jorge and by jorge, I hope his mates are around to support him.
Manly can do this and the $2.30 is excellent odds...roll them into Sharks vs Cows missing Taumololo and you get 7/1.
We had players out dont forget
Turbo siro and thommo from memory... i agree they will go for the offloads and spread it quick. Jr Paulo will hit and spin like he always does so we need to contain him. He is there goto forward we stop him and maiko sivo and we halt alot of there go forward. Matterson will be a danger player but im sure thommo and Scorpio will handle him.. look for jorge to smoke waqa blake the dud. Gillard is a pussy he will drop it once turbo smacks him. They have a crap bench that no one seems to be talking about.. taka terepo evans LOL only ray stone can hit. Our bench will smoke there's!
Paseka > evans
Keppie > terepo
Waddell > stone

Turbo siro and thommo from memory... i agree they will go for the offloads and spread it quick. Jr Paulo will hit and spin like he always does so we need to contain him. He is there goto forward we stop him and maiko sivo and we halt alot of there go forward. Matterson will be a danger player but im sure thommo and Scorpio will handle him.. look for jorge to smoke waqa blake the dud. Gillard is a pussy he will drop it once turbo smacks him. They have a crap bench that no one seems to be talking about.. taka terepo evans LOL only ray stone can hit. Our bench will smoke there's!
Paseka > evans
Keppie > terepo
Waddell > stone
Other than their wingers we have better players in every position. They are in danger of believing their own hype which can only be good for us.

Player v player

Turbo > gutterson (no comparison)

Fergo > taufua (better under high ball good finisher but hasn't been good all year, very quiet i have him in SC hes crap)

Sivo > garrick (only just imho)

Parker > blake (blakes ****)

Suli > jennings (suli is gonna gagai him)

Walker > brown (expecting a wow game)

Dce > Moses (moses will be on walker so he needs to shut him down.. cut out his time and he will buckle)

Marty > Paulo (paulo will be his crafty self, he can pop and offload and has a good pass on him. Marty needs to just power forward and own him. A few nice timed offloads would be nice)

Levi > Mahoney (kids average as Levi will carve him up, dont rate Mahoney)

AFB > Gillard (no comparison)

Siro > Lane (Lane is good we need to watch him close to the line and muscle up on him and watch for the offloads)

Matterson > thommo (this guy is a gun he has all the skills i think thommo will handle him, watch for a kick or two to take pressure off moses)

Jake > nikore (no comparison)

Bench
Croker > takarangi
Keppie > Kane evans
Paseka > terepo
Waddell > ray stone

We have them covered. They have better wingers but we have a better team.... and coach! Our props will hammer them. Imho if its fair the score will be 26 - 10

@Will on the hill. As you can see i agree

@The better Robbo what you think

Player v player

Fergo > taufua (better under high ball good finisher but hasn't been good all year, very quiet i have him in SC hes crap)

Dce > Moses (moses will be on walker so he needs to shut him down.. cut out his time and he will buckle)

Marty > Paulo (paulo will be his crafty self, he can pop and offload and has a good pass on him. Marty needs to just power forward and own him. A few nice timed offloads would be nice)

Siro > Lane (Lane is good we need to watch him close to the line and muscle up on him and watch for the offloads)

Matterson > thommo (this guy is a gun he has all the skills i think thommo will handle him, watch for a kick or two to take pressure off moses)

Bench
Croker > takarangi
Keppie > Kane evans
Paseka > terepo
Waddell > ray stone

We have them covered. They have better wingers but we have a better team.... and coach! Our props will hammer them. Imho if its fair the score will be 26 - 10

Fair summation.

Confidence is a huge thing in our game and Eels have a lot at present I think the key might be to rattle them early , the last time they were under pressure they bowed out meekly with 34-0.

We rattle them early they’ll lose confidence and start making errors , that’s how we’ll get them.

Last edited:
Player v player

Bench
Croker > takarangi
Keppie > Kane evans
Paseka > terepo
Waddell > ray stone

I like the detail. Hard to argue that we dont have them covered in most positions. It shows how strong we are looking this year. Manly Raiders GF

Fair summation.

Confidence is a huge thing in our game and Eels have a lot at present I think they key might be to rattle them early , the last time they were under pressure they bowed out meekly with 34-0.

We rattle them early they’ll lose confidence and start making errors , that’s how we’ll get them.
I agree.. and we need to kick to the corners and smash gutho.. drag him back ruff him up ;) im tipping suli to have a day out on Jennings

Paseka > evans
Keppie > terepo
Waddell > stone
I have Manly by 13
Manly have them all over the park, including the bench and the coaches....only their wingers are better and by a way, but don't get allowed into the game if the middle is contained.
I recall players out in that last game, but this does not give a hall pass for lack of intensity, which is exactly why the Eels were allowed to play hot cake attacking football early to allow the lead which came back to hauny Manly by games end.
Parra didn't suddenly stop playing that night, Manly started hitting harder and shutting down he pass with the players out, creating errors, field position and momentum to get on top....truth be known, some "odd" ref calls late in that game swung the momentum back to Eels, who were a sinking ship.
Fact remains, if Manly get out the blocks better, they should be able to control the game.

It's pretty simple here. If the pinko turns this into a one way six again fiasco to Parra then we could get belted. If we get an even share then we'll strong arm this mob and wear them down. They don't have the stomach to get down and dirty. However I fear the usual pinko fiasco will strike again. Parra by 12.

Looking at the draw for this week I'm surprised that channel 9 didn't pick this game up for free to air. It's probably the game of the round.
9 would rather put the storm on free to air. Because they are so popular with viewers and all league fans.

It's pretty simple here. If the pinko turns this into a one way six again fiasco to Parra then we could get belted. If we get an even share then we'll strong arm this mob and wear them down. They don't have the stomach to get down and dirty. However I fear the usual pinko fiasco will strike again. Parra by 12.
We will not get belted and there is no reason to factor in the refs. In order of importance it goes, defence, defence, defence and then attack. We had the Storm stuck in the wet weather until Taufua decided to have a stroke and let in two late tries off kicks. Like Melbourne, we had the Roosters constantly in our half attacking our line - but we shut down almost everything again and offered some attack at periods. We had the Bulldogs hitting us early with some of their most energetic attacking movements over the last few seasons yet stopped them at every opportunity.

In that game we found our attack, and unlike the eels, we had tries set up and defended all over the park in almost every variety. It was purposeful (unlike the eels attack eg. Jennings running backwards and infield before running through some weak forward defence);
  • We scored on the edge with a short-passing attacking play to the centre
  • On the edge with a long pass out to the winger
  • A smart short ball-decoy try to the fullback
  • Had a line break down the middle, nearly scored on the edge then scored from dummy half
  • A long range try
  • A barge over try from the second-rower
  • Built pressure with short kicking game (started doing so midway through second half)
  • Defended attacking raids on our edges and middles (eg. the last second bulldogs play)

We will play tough against the eels and while they will come out with energy and may score a quick try, they won't be able to go anywhere near 'belting' us, not even the storm or roosters could despite constant attack. Manly won't fold this year, but the eels certainly will.

Manly by 14 or 18 imo, despite an early grind

We will not get belted and there is no reason to factor in the refs. In order of importance it goes, defence, defence, defence and then attack. We had the Storm stuck in the wet weather until Taufua decided to have a stroke and let in two late tries off kicks. Like Melbourne, we had the Roosters constantly in our half attacking our line - but we shut down almost everything again and offered some attack at periods. We had the Bulldogs hitting us early with some of their most energetic attacking movements over the last few seasons yet stopped them at every opportunity.

In that game we found our attack, and unlike the eels, we had tries set up and defended all over the park in almost every variety. It was purposeful (unlike the eels attack eg. Jennings running backwards and infield before running through some weak forward defence);
  • We scored on the edge with a short-passing attacking play to the centre
  • On the edge with a long pass out to the winger
  • A smart short ball-decoy try to the fullback
  • Had a line break down the middle, nearly scored on the edge then scored from dummy half
  • A long range try
  • A barge over try from the second-rower
  • Built pressure with short kicking game (started doing so midway through second half)
  • Defended attacking raids on our edges and middles (eg. the last second bulldogs play)

We will play tough against the eels and while they will come out with energy and may score a quick try, they won't be able to go anywhere near 'belting' us, not even the storm or roosters could despite constant attack. Manly won't fold this year, but the eels certainly will.

Manly by 14 or 18 imo, despite an early grind
I liked everything you said except this

Bulldogs hitting us early with some of their most energetic attacking movements over the last few seasons... i watched the game twice already i dont remember anything good from them bar 1 load of offloads and lewis almost scoring but really he had no chance

I liked everything you said except this

Bulldogs hitting us early with some of their most energetic attacking movements over the last few seasons... i watched the game twice already i dont remember anything good from them bar 1 load of offloads and lewis almost scoring but really he had no chance
I didn't say good! They were frantic and panicky, but I thought they were trying their best to get some speed off the back of this new rule whereas, usually, the dogs attack is slow and incredibly boring.

Im not really surprised we held them scoreless till late, but think that they would've cracked a few teams off their attempts (due to their energy alone) between the 10th-30th minutes of that game. They had a little bit of depth and speed in their backline movement attempts for once.

I didn't say good! They were frantic and panicky, but I thought they were trying their best to get some speed off the back of this new rule whereas, usually, the dogs attack is slow and incredibly boring.

Im not really surprised we held them scoreless till late, but think that they would've cracked a few teams off their attempts (due to their energy alone) between the 10th-30th minutes of that game. They had a little bit of depth and speed in their backline movement attempts for once.
I feel sorry for them. Did you see DWZ chime in at all in an attacking set? The guy needs to goto wing and hoppa would be my fullback.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4