PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Parramatta v Manly [Round 4, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last game at Bankwest, Garrick started at fullback with Elliot marking Sivo. This was a mismatch & a disaster. AFB started at left edge, which also didn't go very well.
We had heaps of players out and yes it was garrick at fb.. i guess dessie wanted to give him a go before the finals. Garrick would be better than elliot if he trained at fb hes alot faster and has more skill

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ben Cummins
Referee

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Touch Judge

Ben Lowe
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Danny Levi
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Corey Waddell
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

18. Morgan Boyle
19. Jack Gosiewski
20. Tevita Funa
21. Brendan Elliot

Think I read somewhere that all nrl clubs have dispensation to use their development players for the rest of the season. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, I can confirm I read that somewhere.

Nothing to do with Funa though as he is in our top 30. Maybe I didn't explain very well the part you quoted. I meant that Elliott should be next cab off the rank and to include Funa in the 21 then I would think Elliott has to be there too.

Yes, I can confirm I read that somewhere.

Nothing to do with Funa though as he is in our top 30. Maybe I didn't explain very well the part you quoted. I meant that Elliott should be next cab off the rank and to include Funa in the 21 then I would think Elliott has to be there too.
Ah ok, on the same page now. I think those last 2 spots are not likely to be used unless something unforeseen happens. Elliot probably covers FB, 5/8 centre, Funa covers wing. Funa could also be there as an encouragement award. " Keep it up, you're nearly there."

Last game vs Eels it was "That start"....Eels offloaded early at will and blew us off the park.
Manly took a while to get into the game and can't afford these type of head starts, particularly when you know refs are going to give blocks of 3-4 straight sets when they feel like it....
Fainu was dynamic off the bench that night and the comeback was gutsy, but the horse bolted early....always a tall order after that opening 20....
I reckon they will attempt the same plan...offloads and bringing the wingers in too bend the line and create momentum early.
If matched early, Eels they will set for cross field bombs to Jorge and by jorge, I hope his mates are around to support him.
Manly can do this and the $2.30 is excellent odds...roll them into Sharks vs Cows missing Taumololo and you get 7/1.

I was just reading about parramatta's first 3 games this round... The only way their draw could have been any softer is if they had played the Dragons instead of the Broncos.

They will be a stern test for us but I think their position on the ladder relative to us is very deceptive thanks to the opening draw.

I was just reading about parramatta's first 3 games this round... The only way their draw could have been any softer is if they had played the Dragons instead of the Broncos.

They will be a stern test for us but I think their position on the ladder relative to us is very deceptive thanks to the opening draw.
Hand picked draw last couple of years.. the nrl wants them to succeed its so obvious its hilarious. We all know they will fail

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2