PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Jerry what's wrong with you?
My collection of My Little Ponies told me Manly's going to win by 100.
You're just being negative.
And please apologise to all multi-coloured unicorns because someone, somewhere on the planet may be offended by your post.:p
Yep... I apologize for my inconsiderate and unfair characterization of the rainbow unicorns. I have been under a great deal of stress recently and this outburst in not a true representation of my thoughts and feelings. I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart for any hurt caused by my inappropriate post.

We are a moral to win tomorrow. My daughter turned 12 yesterday and she doesn't follow Manly but she rang me this morning because she is on a birthday holiday trip with mum and my daughters best 4 friends....Yes I have the weekend to watch football, drink, eat what I like, sleep in...
anyway when she rang this morning she told me she had a nightmare last night that Manly won their game and in her dreams I had pissed off the neighbours with my screaming in joy...

We are a moral to win tomorrow. My daughter turned 12 yesterday and she doesn't follow Manly but she rang me this morning because she is on a birthday holiday trip with mum and my daughters best 4 friends....Yes I have the weekend to watch football, drink, eat what I like, sleep in...
anyway when she rang this morning she told me she had a nightmare last night that Manly won their game and in her dreams I had pissed off the neighbours with my screaming in joy...
Enjoy @:)

What is wrong with mature or even ageing players who can create uncertainty in the opposition line?
Your preoccupation with youth is showing again, lol.

Nothing is wrong with that. Its just that other than DCE, Turbo and to some extent Cust, we have none. Croker for example is acting just like a conveyer belt. Walker could as a centre but in other positions that ability was stifled. Foran had it to a degree when he was younger, but he's slowed up to the point where he is now predictable. The reason Manly succeeded so well back in the late 2000s was because we had Stewart, Lyon, a younger Foran, DCE (or Orford), before them Lyons, and quick service from Ballin and a forward like Glen Stewart acting like a second 5/8. Even Watmough had oppositions guessing with his meandering runs. What we've had generally in recent years is predictability and slow pace without much imagination (a lot because Turbo has been absent and Walker has been in the wrong position or absent). Easy for other teams to counter. The diminishing attack in terms of points testifies to that .

We have some clever unpredictable players with pace in the lower grades, or in the wrong position, players which a coach like Cleary would be utilising straight away. Yes I push for younger talemt when I see outstanding potential there unulilised. If Manly was performing like a top 4 side, I wouldnt be pushing that wagon. But we are sitting on the bottom of the comp and have been for much of the past five or six years. Dont you think there should be a rethink about who to use. Players like Schuster, Foran, Harper, etc are being used to replace injured players, not because they were chosen on performance above those they replaced.

Last edited:
I'll be over shortly SL - sounds like one helluva party at ure joint this weekend :p

If we win, I won't be surprised one bit.
Unfortunately, if we lose by 30, I won't be surprised either.

There are too many variables but the biggest of these are aggression and determination. Neither of which have anything to do with skill.

Who knows what we will dish up ? I guess we'll all find out in a few hours. As long as we don't get run over like an empty coke can, I can live with it.

Dont under estimate what confidence can do. That win WITHOUT Turbo was massive. Add Turbo... confidence should be sky high. We will give them a game. Not sure we can beat them but i expect if we put that same effort in we can get the job done. Its all about the extra efforts.
Nailed it!

Not Happy! One of our fellow Silvertails showed his wife my post, and of course she rang my wife, so now my wife has told that wife to come over and supervise activities.

Make sure you look after them as they watch the footy!

Make sure you look after them as they watch the footy!
Mate it was a shocker, the mate's wife turned up with 3 girlfriends, hopped in my spa and demanded that her husband and I cooked a seafood BBQ and served them wine all afternoon. They all ended up crashing overnight , so then I had to do clean up before the wife and daughter returned.

Mate it was a shocker, the mate's wife turned up with 3 girlfriends, hopped in my spa and demanded that her husband and I cooked a seafood BBQ and served them wine all afternoon. They all ended up crashing overnight , so then I had to do clean up before the wife and daughter returned.

Awww...

You sound like a great host! 10 thumbs up.

Now hopefully bozo doesn't see the post about 4 women in a spa or he might explode!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10