PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Parramatta [Round 10, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is true. But let's be honest here, Fonua-Blake is shorter, weighs less and is not even 2 years older. If you are to be in the top 4 best props of your club in this brutally physical competition, you need some aggro. Kingy wasn't the biggest, nor the best metre-eater but he belted c****! I say we give Saddler a go. When the other team is intimidated by your middles, all of a sudden average players out wide begin to shine. The game of league is a deadset war - you need blokes in the middle that froth at the collision! Bring back georgie rose

Agree about needing props that hunt and kill their own ... and eat it raw with the fur still attached

But all footballers mature at different rates ... When I think of Paseka I see a guy who is physically ready, but still not convinced he is a man yet ....

My only point is that for me ... it is too early to call stumps on his career .... at 22 yo he still has time to learn to love the taste of blood and the sound of breaking bones ... and here's hoping he does ....

• 🤝
Reactions: bSw
Agree about needing props that hunt and kill their own ... and eat it raw with the fur still attached

But all footballers mature at different rates ... When I think of Paseka I see a guy who is physically ready, but still not convinced he is a man yet ....

My only point is that for me ... it is too early to call stumps on his career .... at 22 yo he still has time to learn to love the taste of blood and the sound of breaking bones ... and here's hoping he does ....

I agree and wonder how he'd go after some Tommy R face slapping. I'm not sure if it is apples / oranges etc but the Broncs had Payne Haas (who had decent numbers last night) and Pangai Jr who was touted as someone super duper in 2018 (he's 24) and even this fifita guy who runs around with the broncs on occasion.

My point?... I forget. Oh yeah, broncs aren't doing that well. 3 young props who are supposed to be ripping through metal and chewing lightning... but it takes time.

According to Des......Suli in doubt with a hamstring issue grrrrrrrr
Kinda expected it. Obviously struggled last weekend yet the injury report guy talked about there just being one injury from the game. Guy needs some acting lessons.

Hope that Suli does play . If not , Funa would no doubt be the likely replacement and in the centres but wonder how Garrick might go there considering he was previously a centre at the Dragons .Funa should have had enough experience in the lower grades to handle it O K if he is needed tonight .

Reckon that Paseka could do well running off either D C E or Cust close to the try line . Recall him doing this once and scoring last season or so with relative ease . Just have to have better execution and exert more pressure in the opposition red zone and it really revolves around the Halfs to set something in motion . Hopefully some better outcomes tonight and not just wishful thinking .

The Worms are set to rest Matterson and Ferguson.

BA doesn't think he needs them to beat us evidently.

I hope we make them pay for their arrogance.

Hope that Suli does play . If not , Funa would no doubt be the likely replacement and in the centres but wonder how Garrick might go there considering he was previously a centre at the Dragons .Funa should have had enough experience in the lower grades to handle it O K if he is needed tonight .

Garrick would go OK in attack, but his defensive game is nowhere near good enough for the centres in first grade. I'd leave him out on his wing.

DCE in dangerous when he runs taking in the line. Early in his career he was running and opening up the playing field.
Now looks boxed in playing the distribution roll.
Needs a organising half to take the heat off him.
He needs any decent half partner and a decent hooker.
Think Thurston's career at the cows.

I am warming to our chances.

Last Sunday I was thinking we'd get smashed.

It might be blind faith, but i reckon the 8.5 start gives us a chance.

He needs any decent half partner and a decent hooker.
Think Thurston's career at the cows.

And that is the exact reason why I do not think Thurston should ever be an Immortal, even though we know he's going to be. Unless he had great players around him, what did he actually do?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2