PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry I feel pessimist about this one also. Newcastle are a better side than the Sharks, and other than Suli, which is an improvement, this is the same team humbled by the gummies. Not convinced about our backline again. Too slow, too uncreative. Just my thoughts and no doubt I'll be criticised for showing apparent disloyalty. Cust may add something from the bench. See it as I see it.
No criticism feathered friend as you are entitled to your opinion
In regards to your Newcastle is better than the Sharks and they should beat us theory. If we beat the raiders who are a better team than the Sharks with 6 players out it means we that we should have beaten the Sharks with only 3 men out . It does not work that way as it is how a team aims up on the day .
On the day we were as flat and ugly as phylis Dillers breasts and we humbled our selves more so than the Sharks humbles us .
Too slow and Uncreative ? Our lack of intensity and poor defence was last weeks issue and not our attack as we scored 22 points enough to win a match .
I do agree that Cust added spark when he came on and our boys will all be sparked up against the Knights after a good and well deserved spanking by Des
I see another great comeback by the Sea eagles
phyllis-diller-9542308-402.jpg

The Knights have won only one of their past nine games at Lottoland.
The Sea Eagles have won nine of their past 11 games against the Knights.

No criticism feathered friend as you are entitled to your opinion
In regards to your Newcastle is better than the Sharks and they should beat us theory. If we beat the raiders who are a better team than the Sharks with 6 players out it means we that we should have beaten the Sharks with only 3 men out . It does not work that way as it is how a team aims up on the day .
On the day we were as flat and ugly as phylis Dillers breasts and we humbled our selves more so than the Sharks humbles us .
Too slow and Uncreative ? Our lack of intensity and poor defence was last weeks issue and not our attack as we scored 22 points enough to win a match .
I do agree that Cust added spark when he came on and our boys will all be sparked up against the Knights after a good and well deserved spanking by Des
I see another great comeback by the Sea eagles
View attachment 14711
Phyliss dillers breasts - Classic ....good report also Bozo @;)

Just 1 other "quick" observation....our left edge last week was very poor defensively so expect Pearce to try expose Croker/Thommo defensively and I expect Ponga from tackle 3, to slide across the ruck to the right as the ball is being played, to add a man and try exploit even further....
Again as many Silvertails have stated...Attitude is key to most defensive lapses along with confusion or extremely fast play balls, but 1 thing Pearce and Ponga will do is aim for that right edge.

Last edited:
Just 1 other "quick" observation....our left edge last week was very poor defensively so expect Pearce to try expose Croker/Thommo defensively and I expect Ponga on tackle 3-4 to slide across the ruck as the ball is being played to add a man and try exploit even further....
Again as many Silvertails have stated...Attitude is key to most defensive lapses along with confusion or extremely fast play balls, but 1 thing Pearce and Ponga will do is aim for that right edge.
When was the last time that Pearce and Ponga were knocked out unconscious . I think they are both due this weekend .

Best is wearing 4 according to NRL.
game day.
I don't know that jumper numbers mean too much do they ?? Matai wore number 4 all the time for us and he was left centre. All I know is that all the games I have seen Best play this year he has been on the left - can't remember his jersey number, but I assume that he will more than likely play left side again this weekend

Just 1 other "quick" observation....our left edge last week was very poor defensively so expect Pearce to try expose Croker/Thommo defensively and I expect Ponga from tackle 3, to slide across the ruck to the right as the ball is being played, to add a man and try exploit even further....
Ponga goes left nine times out of ten.Thats a big part of why Ramien left. And he will target Moses. Sirro will be a busy man.But yes .. any coach worth his salt saw Crokers tactics last week.

I don't know that jumper numbers mean too much do they ?? Matai wore number 4 all the time for us and he was left centre. All I know is that all the games I have seen Best play this year he has been on the left - can't remember his jersey number, but I assume that he will more than likely play left side again this weekend
Plays left centre.Best and Ponga coming Sirro and Moses way. Sirro is a star, Moses need to stay alert .
Ex Cowboy kid Tuali is right centre. Good player. Junior star who got a crack real young up North. I wouldn’t underrate him.Good test for Parker as kid plays strong , as does the ginger ninja.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4