PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep. No doubt we’ll be better attitude wise. Des doesn’t allow that attitude to flourish.
Whether he can find points against a good attacking side is the issue.
I always look forward to the nutty professors strategies when up against it. Be interesting to see how he goes about it.Im sure he’ll have something up his sleeve.
To be fair. I’m not sure too much has to change. Obviously the defence was poor. And a lot of the Sharks tries came off poor 1v1 efforts which just comes down to attitude. Once you improve those individual efforts, we still scored 4 tries on an off day. So really if Suli comes in and Elliot plays FB, I think we’ll be going well. DCE and Croker will be better for the run, and keen to prove a lot of the critics wrong. I honestly think a big game against one of our old rivals at Brookie is the perfect game to follow the poor performance against the Sharks.

Team for this week V Knights. Good to see Moses back. Interesting to see if squad is same come Sunday

1 Reuben Garrick

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Tevita Funa

6 Lachlan Croker

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Addin Fonua-Blake

9 Danny Levi

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Cade Cust

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Sean Keppie

17 Taniela Paseka

18 Morgan Boyle

19 Brendan Elliot

20 Abbas Miski

21 Haumole Olakau’atu

That explains Garrick at fullback. Des wants to persevere with someone he considers a first grader above someone who is a good reserve player.
Garrick came to us a centre if I recall, so fair to give him a chance to show he can improve in the fullback role.

Really hoping Garrick goes to the wing and Elliot comes in at FB.
This selection shows Des believes Funa has more upside than Elliot, even though Elliot is ahead in experience right now. You may be right about a late change but I doubt it, unlikely he would drop Funa in that way.

That explains Garrick at fullback. Des wants to persevere with someone he considers a first grader above someone who is a good reserve player.
Garrick came to us a centre if I recall, so fair to give him a chance to show he can improve in the fullback role.

Interesting take on the choice!!

He might improve but don’t think he’s a fullback

Interesting take on the choice!!

He might improve but don’t think he’s a fullback
Next back to go down will open up a spot for Hoppa on a wing. Not that I wish an injury on any of our backs. Parker is the biggest concern because he gets belted high every single week. If he hadn't ducked and knocked himself out against the raiders Soliola would have taken his head clean off.

I hope that's not the side to take the field. Garrick is a great winger but has no clue being a full back, out of position and no impact in the back line at full back.

Funa, didn't want to see him play again, cannot beleive people rate this guy, surely Miski is better. Funa is horrible, the knights will run over him again.

Jetski and Paeska again on the bench, they offer nothing.

Watch crocker run out of the line again and miss everything

Screenshot_20200630-162346_Samsung Internet.jpg

And as most of us knew.. he kept the same team. Suli in of course... no boyle.. and no waddell or Guacamole.
Garrick in fb..... ponga is going to destroy us and bradman best and kurt mann will feast on our bones. Knights by 14 unless myth boy produces a game worthy of his pay packet.

I dont give a fck who Des picks . As long as the team does the job on their spiritual ground and in front of their passionate fans and family
Is this game at brookie? Well well... how things change. Knights by 10 :rofl:
Its a winnable game but cmon mate that team isnt the best we can put out there.

I hope that's not the side to take the field. Garrick is a great winger but has no clue being a full back, out of position and no impact in the back line at full back.

Funa, didn't want to see him play again, cannot beleive people rate this guy, surely Miski is better. Funa is horrible, the knights will run over him again.

Jetski and Paeska again on the bench, they offer nothing.

Watch crocker run out of the line again and miss everything

That's 5 out and 1 in (Miski)?

Who are the other replacements?

I think Funa's 3 tries in his first 3 games is not a bad start ( and on both sides of the backline!)

Geez there is some proven average players In That squad named, not a lot of scope for game day changes of any consequence either.

if I were writing the cheque’s for those players pay, I’d be happy to sign maybe 4 of them.

Need a big form reversal this weekend to even get a bit close, I still contend we haven’t played very well for a whole game this entire year.

our wins have been scrappy and full of heart, but we are far from a well oiled machine.

our halfback and captain is a large part of the problem

I would have Waddell over Jetski
Sipley or Boyle for Paeska
Cust to 5/8 - crocker on the bench for hooker replacement
Garrick to wing, Elliot to fullback
probably too big a change to move cust to 5/8 and have DCE have another halves partner - there is no one else really than crocker - I just think his defence is a liablity - watch him defend, will move up then STOP, gets flat footed and arm grabs. At least walker moves up and uses his whole body, crocker just watches the defence. And with ball in hand pretty much deflates the whole attack. I think he does better at hooker. At least Cust (although still ordinary - would back himself at 5/8) but at least he brings some energy off the bench. I would bring cust on earlier too, not the last 10-20 mins of the game. before half time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4