PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 20, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think we will struggle to get up for this one after last weeks efforts

Agreed, gotta find a way to win this one ugly. Knights are desperate and we are on a comedown. Shame Jake didn’t get a week, woulda been nice to give him a rest and clear his judiciary points.

Dce doesn’t look quite right either.

Happy to win this game by one

I was assuming the opposite, our confidence and momentum will be sky-high. We’ll need to focus on effort in kick chase, and ball security. A fast start and the Knights will be toast.

If this team are to go on and do some damage within this competition (after the weekend I think they would now have even more confidence and belief), you have to be up for these sorts of games.

Afternoon football, in front of what is likely again to be a big crowd on Golden Eagles Day, with a win taking them to 26 points (near enough to guaranteeing a finals berth) - that's a lot to get them motivated.

Brown said in his presser that they will be making changes based on their performance v Balmain. I think the Knights are at breaking point and if we come out focused I think we put a big score on them. Perfect time slot, hopefully good weather and a huge crowd will be the perfect scenario.
My early prediction:
Manly 42 Newcastle 14
Turbo couple of tries and MoM

Afternoon footy is our bread and butter.
Boys love to play upbeat uptempo dry weather footy and hopefully we can get a roll on.

I hope Des gives the boys a day off to refresh after the Storm battle cause that was brutal.
After a game like that would it be days off until Wednesday and then a light one Friday?.

Would make sense to me, but I wonder if they would still train today. I hope not as I can’t see the benefit. Perhaps a full day of video analysis would be better

NYEagle

If you're not on the training fiel-de-o...

You come inside and do video!

*from the mantra of Des*

I think we will struggle to get up for this one after last weeks efforts

Sadly I agree, so often after a super huge effort against a team way above them they lose to a team below them the next week.

BUT

That’s the last 3 years so who knows!

After a game like that would it be days off until Wednesday and then a light one Friday?.

Would make sense to me, but I wonder if they would still train today. I hope not as I can’t see the benefit. Perhaps a full day of video analysis would be better

NYEagle
I suspect Des will be gearing our training load with more than one eye on September, it won't be all about this week. Very hard to to build incrementally for 10 weeks or more so he will be plotting the demands of this period very scientifically, rest assured.

I'm pretty sure they will give them a little time off after the Storm game. Firstly the travel can take its toll, then a super tough game against the top team, further compounded by the fact it went almost the full duration of extra time.

Knights have their season on the line and will be trying to ambush us this weekend - they will be desperate. If we win this, it signals to me that we are the real deal. The win against Melbourne was epic, but it is how we perform off the back of it that will tell us just how serious a title contender we are.

Let's go boys - refocus, recharge and get the win.

Knights will essentially be full strength with Lachlan Fitzgibbon confirmed to be back. That said, I expect AFB and Marty to take it to the NSW starting props and our hooker and attacking weapons to do what they have been doing so well recently, off the back of this.

We dealt with Ponga well first time around and that is obviously crucial again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10