PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As quick as it's come back it could just as quickly stop if any player or players done follow the guidelines
Here's hoping all goes well
If a single player happens to test positive it would result in an immediate lockdown of anyone they'd come in contact with while the tests of those players are processed. If no one tests positive the comp will continue. It would take multiple players from multiple teams testing positive to shut the comp down again.

If a single player happens to test positive it would result in an immediate lockdown of anyone they'd come in contact with while the tests of those players are processed. If no one tests positive the comp will continue. It would take multiple players from multiple teams testing positive to shut the comp down again.
It's if's and but's
But if one player is positive
And infects more player's
In the squad it could have drastic effects
Do players get tested daily or only when they show symptoms ??

I must admit I am seeing things slightly differently to most:

1. I am stoked to have Manly back. great to see, and a feeling like normal life is on its way back
2. The winner of this years GF will always have a * next to it IMO. And with that in mind:
3. All i want is no injuries and some experience this year. Why risk everything for a *premiership? Stay safe lads - we have limited fitness and conditioning.... the chances of serious injury are through the roof. Don't go too hard.

That’s exactly how you do get injured in rugby league. Go soft , get belted. A players momentum is one of his safety mechanisms
Other than Bryce Cartwright a first grader doesn’t know how to play “ soft” to avoid injury.Thats why they are first graders in a brutal game.
Amble up in attack or defence and the rest of the team can join the search party to find the remainder of your ribcage after the game.

I too think there will be an asterisk The team will be revered when the history books are written for their efforts during a global shutdown and all the obstacles it provided.
And we are in it up to our eyeballs.

Last edited:
No asterisk for me* Over the years there have been so many changes in the structure of the comp, number of teams, pre and post 'NRL' periods, different finals formats, as well as plenty of previous cases where rules were changed part way through a season. Every team will be battling new difficulties, some more than others (which is always the case) so full credit to whichever team gets the job done.

* the only asterisk would be if a long shot comes through and takes the prize, in that case there'll be plenty of sour grapes from opposing fans. But that won't be fair really, no different to the Tigers charging through to win in 2005 after being long odds early on, and they don't have any asterisk

Not long now till team named. Just the make up of the bench that is in contention. Does Paseka come back in with only 2 weeks of training under his belt ?? can't see it myself, I think Boyle & Keppie keep their spot.

I'm assuming Jetski isn't fit so Waddell in for Guac only other likely change from last start

Not long now till team named. Just the make up of the bench that is in contention. Does Paseka come back in with only 2 weeks of training under his belt ?? can't see it myself, I think Boyle & Keppie keep their spot.

I'm assuming Jetski isn't fit so Waddell in for Guac only other likely change from last start
On form Boyle deserves to be there BUT that’s obviously 3 months ago form so who knows!!

Team for the dogs game! Footy is back,

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Brad Parker
4 Moses Suli
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Danny Levi
10 Martin Taupau
11 Joel Thompson
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Lachlan Croker
15 Corey Waddell
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka
18 Morgan Boyle
19 Jack Gosiewski
20 Tevita Funa
21 Brendan Elliot

Coach: Des Hasler

Team for the dogs game! Footy is back,

1 Tom Trbojevic
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Brad Parker
4 Moses Suli
5 Reuben Garrick
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Danny Levi
10 Martin Taupau
11 Joel Thompson
12 Curtis Sironen
13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Lachlan Croker
15 Corey Waddell
16 Sean Keppie
17 Taniela Paseka
18 Morgan Boyle
19 Jack Gosiewski
20 Tevita Funa
21 Brendan Elliot

Coach: Des Hasler

No Foran for the dogs either. Aiden Tolman only in the 21 extended squad as well.

Bulldogs:

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Will Hopoate 5. Christian Crichton 6. Lachlan Lewis 7. Jack Cogger 8. Sauaso Sue 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12.Dean Britt 13. Adam Elliott 14. Jake Averillo 15.Renouf To'omaga 16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 17.Ofahiki Ogden 19. Kerrod Holland 20. Aiden Tolman 21. Sione Katoa 22. Brandon Wakeham

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4