PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 9, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Broncos are history for this year already, and they know it. Brisbane fans being what they are, they will show up anyway, or at least a lot of them will, but it wouldn't surprise me if they start cheering for our boys half way through.

Which ever way Des goes I don’t think the team will be weakened with players he has available at the moment

I'm a little nervous about the Broncos making so many changes, hopefully they don't get too much of an enthusiasm boost from it! I'd be much happier if they played in line with their current form.

I agree, I think the team works a lot better with Api and Manase sharing the hooking. Neither are the fittest blokes going around. Hopefully we don't lose too much punch through the middle. I'm holding out hope that Des is doing a Robbo and is going to name Cust an hour before kick off.
Api & Manase not fit? You're kidding right? Not sure what games you've been watching but both have played as well as any of the others in the team & fitness has not been an issue.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ben Cummins
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee

Michael Wise
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Touch Judge

Ben Galea
Video Referee

Ashley Klein
Senior Review Official

I honestly hate the thought of Api in the halves, especially without DCE out there to take charge and reign him in a bit. TBH I'd much rather Siro play 5/8, Api hooker, Jetski in the back row (I'd keep Waddell as a bench prop, especially with AFB out) and Fainu back to the bench.

However.....I too can see a Des smokescreen here and it wouldn't surprise me to see Cust make his debut in the halves, Api to hooker, Fainu back to the bench and Tangles being the one to miss out.

My guess is that if Cust is named at 19 or 20 on Thursday, he's in.

Api & Manase not fit? You're kidding right? Not sure what games you've been watching but both have played as well as any of the others in the team & fitness has not been an issue.
Of course they are both very fit by any objective standard of fitness. However, neither of them look like they could maintain their level of play for 80 minutes - that's match fitness. When you compare them to the likes of Matt Ballin back in the day, and some of the other 80 minute hookers in the league like Damien Cook or Cameron McInnes, I stand by that statement.

Haven't we leaked the least amount of points against in the last 20 minutes of games this season, than any other team?

That's also when API and Manase are on together quite often. The two of them can tackle to be sure.

This is also a testament of our fitness , considering that defense is from our back-up and reserve grade call-ups.

The Broncos are about as mentally weak atm as they ever have been. They have a skipper not taking any accountability for his own poor performances and bandying around the 'We're a young team and we'll be shooting for the prize in the next few years..' Then went on to mention that criticism isn't going to help the kids in the team and we have to be mindful of their mental health... fmd its like they've been getting therapy sessions from Dr T Barrett with all the excuses. If we hit them with all guns blazing early and don't allow any tries in from them in the first 20 mins or so we are a HUGE chance of knocking them over. Despite our injury woes this is extremely winnable. Destroy their top 8 aspirations and consolidate ours in one swoop. Go Manly

You made that 2nd refs name up didn't you, just to see if anyone read down that far @:D
Ziggy will jag us a win :D Round 11, 2018

Ziggy jagged us the Scumos win with 11 players last year
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12