PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, the Broncos/Cows game yesterday was a very tight, competitive affair. Level of play was probably better than we saw today at Brookie. Haas is a machine and their whole pack is starting to play with some grunt. We'll need to be better than were today. Marty coming back will help a lot.
The Broncos should’ve won that game by 20, they minced a lot of opportunities. Had all the possession and field position especially in the first half.

Fingers crossed Marty, Paseka, and Siro are all fit and good to go. We’ll need the reinforcements

5 day turnaround. Broncos (with a slightly longer recovery) played far better than Manly on the weekend. Siro out for another week, Paseka most likely out (albeit Marty back). Our defence was woeful at times yesterday, and had it not been for Turbo single-handedly shredding the Warriors (who were really nothing special), Manly would have been flogged at home yet again. Friday night game, unfortunately I see a big Manly loss. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't understand why we are still very weak defensively despite the injuries

I hate the idea of changing a winning formula but I am guessing next week's team will have changes with Tapau, Sironen and possibly Walker back...

I think if Walkz is back then he takes the bench spot of Cust.... Tapau is a starter no doubt so unfortunately I reckon Sips is back to Bankstown for now.... Saddler played well but he misses out for Sironen...

which leaves Suli....

Suli for Harper - No.... Suli for Parker?? not for mine... Suli as a bench forward at the expense of Keppie or Guac?? no way....

thoughts?

Marty back hopefully, but with the short turnaround Paseka might struggle with HIA protocols. So we could be looking at the same team just a swap with Kapow and Tent. Although Siro would look better on bench than Suli, especially if he is just warming it for 80 minutes
I think the first Paseka headnock may have been a bit of trickery orchestrated by the coach to get a free interchange. Neither HIA resulted from Tent being knocked out. He wasn't wobbly on his feet - I reckon he'll be good to go.

How good are his charges - the guy runs full tilt and always makes ten plus metres with each hit up. Sipley is getting more match fitness as well.

The Broncos have lost Flegler, and while they have an extra days recovery, that game in Townsville would have sapped a lot of energy.

MIGOTY

No seriously it is , win this one and we could be in the 8.

After 4 straight losses who’d a thought.
Said it all along our season started for me when Turbo came back. Now I just hope he stays on the field! Incredible the difference he makes. Is inclusion in the team is good for 6spots up the ladder maybe more.

I think the first Paseka headnock may have been a bit of trickery orchestrated by the coach to get a free interchange. Neither HIA resulted from Tent being knocked out. He wasn't wobbly on his feet - I reckon he'll be good to go.

How good are his charges - the guy runs full tilt and always makes ten plus metres with each hit up. Sipley is getting more match fitness as well.

The Broncos have lost Flegler, and while they have an extra days recovery, that game in Townsville would have sapped a lot of energy.
I thought carrigan was out with a knee injury.

I hate the idea of changing a winning formula but I am guessing next week's team will have changes with Tapau, Sironen and possibly Walker back...

I think if Walkz is back then he takes the bench spot of Cust.... Tapau is a starter no doubt so unfortunately I reckon Sips is back to Bankstown for now.... Saddler played well but he misses out for Sironen...

which leaves Suli....

Suli for Harper - No.... Suli for Parker?? not for mine... Suli as a bench forward at the expense of Keppie or Guac?? no way....

thoughts?
The fact we have options is great - but we need to get it right.

1 Turbo 2 Saab 3 Walker 4 Harper 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 DCE
8 Paseka 14 Cust 10 Keppie 11 Olakau'atu 12 Schuster 13 Jake
9 Croker 15 Taupau 16 Sironen 17 Sipley 18 Parker

Almost a fully fit team.

Hopefully Paseka plays.
Lawton in could be massive. I really would like a straight swap for Croker but can't see it. I can't see Croker having any good impact off the bench.

Why Sipley out when Aloaiai & possibly Paseka out, leaving us with only Keppie, Sipley & Marty?

Sirro is second row, so surely on bench with Schuster & Olakau'atu starting?

Why Sipley out when Aloaiai & possibly Paseka out, leaving us with only Keppie, Sipley & Marty?

Sirro is second row, so surely on bench with Schuster & Olakau'atu starting?
I forgot Tent copped a knock... if he is out than Sips stays I reckon...

Saddler is the last in , first out... and I reckon with enough forwards available for a proper bench rotation it becomes Suli in the gun next... Sips 3rd option for me...

Unless Walkz does play in which case I like him as a 14 over Cust...

Having said that, I would be happy to swap Marty for Tent, Sirro for Suli and off we go to Brissy...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2