PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 9, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our top 13 fully fit can compete with anyone - and they prove that often.

On the other hand the bench we put out each week is bottom 4 at best. Under the new rules ,that needs to change quickly for us to progress past being nuisance value at the back end of a season. Paseka Boyle JetSki Croker are just not up to scratch in a game that is becoming more dynamic by the week.None ever look like influencing a game.They just do a holding job to limit damage till the starter returns and that’s not good enough to mix it with the big boys.

Last edited:
That is assuming Turbo doesn’t last one game and then out for the the rest of the season!!

I think the season will have gotten away from us if we lose another 2-3 games in a row.

We’ve got the top 2 sides just around the corner and currently they’d put a cricket score on us so it won’t take much for that prediction to come true.
It's not over until my missus sings but this season feels like it has gone away from us. Without our main men we are not in the same class as the leading teams. No offence but we kind of suck. At least we ain't the Broncs.

Our top 13 fully fit can compete with anyone - and they prove that often.

On the other hand the bench we put out each week is bottom 4 at best. Under the new rules ,that needs to change quickly for us to progress past being nuisance value at the back end of a season. Paseka Boyle JetSki Croker are just not up to scratch in a game that is becoming more dynamic by the week.None ever look like influencing a game.They just do a holding job to limit damage till the starter returns and that’s not good enough to mix it with the big boys.
You take your first choice number 1, 6, 9 and 8 out of any other team and all of them would struggle. Let alone the number 1 prop and full back in the game.

Manly are still expected to compete though without these players and even pull off victories. Full strength (including Faniu) right up there with the best of them with potential stars not too long away from their NRL starts. Would love Foran or even green back to just balance out the side and we are looking good

Also need to remind people what our full strength team looks like, to remind all how strong we are when and if that happens:

01. Tom Trbojevic / Albert Hopoate
02. Jorge Taufua / Jade Anderson
03. Brad Parker / Ben Trbojevic / Sam Smith
04. Moses Suli / Brendan Elliott
05. Reuben Garrick / Tevita Funa / Abbas Miski
06. Dylan Walker / Cade Cust / Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Lachlan Croker / Luke Metcalf
08. Addin Fonua-Blake / Morgan Boyle
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau / Toafofoa Sipley
11. Joel Thompson / Zac Saddler
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic / Tony Williams

14. Danny Levi / Edwin Ipape?
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie / Huamole Olakau'atu / Keith Titmuss
17. Corey Waddell / Jack Gosiewski

Bold being the injured, or recently returning from injury
Unfortunately that team only very rarely plays together.

You take your first choice number 1, 6, 9 and 8 out of any other team and all of them would struggle. Let alone the number 1 prop and full back in the game.

Manly are still expected to compete though without these players and even pull off victories. Full strength (including Faniu) right up there with the best of them with potential stars not too long away from their NRL starts. Would love Foran or even green back to just balance out the side and we are looking good
I agree we are entitled to struggle as no team can deal with those personel losses - but my point was even at top strength the guys I named are pretty well our bench and they are not good enough as the game gets quicker and more dynamic. Something needs to change.

I hope it is raining. I hope our team goes back to running onto the ball hard and getting a roll on through the middle. That way we can kick without pressure and focus on the simple stuff. Pressure their kickers and maintain good line speed and we will win.

I hope it is raining. I hope our team goes back to running onto the ball hard and getting a roll on through the middle. That way we can kick without pressure and focus on the simple stuff. Pressure their kickers and maintain good line speed and we will win.
Love your optimism !!

It could also go massively to ****!!

It’s a coin toss I think.

It's not over until my missus sings but this season feels like it has gone away from us. Without our main men we are not in the same class as the leading teams. No offence but we kind of suck. At least we ain't the Broncs.

Omg - I hope your wife doesn't read this!

It'll be interesting if Paseka starts. Kinda thought Keppie or Boyle have more of that initial grrrr factor then Paseka comes on in the 20th min and goes for it.

I reckon the dragons will be ready for a bigger scalp, however, we will be equally as desperate this week to take out a win. 20-10 manly. Bit worried but think we will have regenerated enough to offer at least decent attaxk this week, especially with garrick improving at the back

Big game paseka needed

We have to win today and without getting too far ahead of ourselves, we have to win with a reasonable margin.
We are in dangerous territory on the ladder, with a 0 PD, whilst many teams are racking up Trumpian Towers. Parra next week will be hard to contain, I hate to say, so we have to do more than just win today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4