PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 9, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hate to say it but I think you're right. With a loss we will drop into the mathematical realm.

On the plus side our last 4 games are against Tigers, Dogs, Titans and Warriors, so if we win 3 or 4 games before then we'll be in with a shout.

That is assuming Turbo doesn’t last one game and then out for the the rest of the season!!

I think the season will have gotten away from us if we lose another 2-3 games in a row.

We’ve got the top 2 sides just around the corner and currently they’d put a cricket score on us so it won’t take much for that prediction to come true.

I can't see how we will outscore Illawarra with the 17 we've selected.
I've lost confidence in our attack and fear Dufty will run riot.
I agree. We seem to be really struggling to score any points. I don't know where they will come from if cust stays on the bench. We struggle as it is against the dragons for some reason.

Hate to say it but I think you're right. With a loss we will drop into the mathematical realm.

On the plus side our last 4 games are against Tigers, Dogs, Titans and Warriors, so if we win 3 or 4 games before then we'll be in with a shout.
If we lose this one we will have to win almost ALL the rest of our games. Almost no chance...and even if we did, we would be spent come finals.
It's going to be hard enough to make the 8 if we win this as most other teams are building and getting better each week.

If we lose this one we will have to win almost ALL the rest of our games. Almost no chance...and even if we did, we would be spent come finals.
It's going to be hard enough to make the 8 if we win this as most other teams are building and getting better each week.
I reckon 7 or 8 from the final 12 depending on for and against. With our non existent attack it's fair to say our for and against will be poor meaning probably 8 from 12 to guarantee semis. Every loss makes it that much harder, especially if we are losing to cellar dwellers. If we can't win this one we are on big trouble

We should be able to get them up the middle. Really need to keep a lid on their kicking game, some more pressure from marker would go a long way to winning this one. Effort, run onto the ball hard and bend the line to let DCE work his magic. Don't let Aitken tear us apart again.

I reckon 7 or 8 from the final 12 depending on for and against. With our non existent attack it's fair to say our for and against will be poor meaning probably 8 from 12 to guarantee semis. Every loss makes it that much harder, especially if we are losing to cellar dwellers. If we can't win this one we are on big trouble
And look at what’s just around the corner , Panthers / Eels , they’ll exterminate us based on current form.

Realistically this is our season done if we don't win this.
I think with Tom and Dylan for extended time in a shortened season it will be tough for us to go deep into the finals. Tge eels and knight game and poor ref calls is really going to hurt at the end.

Also fear Dragons given our atrocious record against them the last few years. They have played ok against Roosters and Raiders so will be tough to beat at Kogarah.
As others have mentioned, we can defend, but where do our points come from?

I think with Tom and Dylan for extended time in a shortened season it will be tough for us to go deep into the finals. Tge eels and knight game and poor ref calls is really going to hurt at the end.

That two points , and potentially four is going to have a profound impact on us this year.

I expect the top 8 to be fairly close at the end.

But we aren’t done yet.

Good thing the refs handed us the Broncos game then.

As much as I hope I am wrong but I feel that the fallout from AFB derogatory remarks aimed at Atkins is going to impact on any 50/50 calls in our favor. The Ref brotherhood will certainly let Manly know that they do not appreciate not only what AFB said but the fact that the leadership team are supporting AFB. So guys I feel that whoever we get we will cop the wrong side of any borderline call. Again I hope I am wrong but over 50 years of following Manly and league I think it will bite us on the arse.

As much as I hope I am wrong but I feel that the fallout from AFB derogatory remarks aimed at Atkins is going to impact on any 50/50 calls in our favor. The Ref brotherhood will certainly let Manly know that they do not appreciate not only what AFB said but the fact that the leadership team are supporting AFB. So guys I feel that whoever we get we will cop the wrong side of any borderline call. Again I hope I am wrong but over 50 years of following Manly and league I think it will bite us on the arse.
So it will be just business as usual then for the refs

Agree, no decisions will go our way this week , and by that I mean ZERO.

I also expect the 6 again count to be hugely biased towards the Dragqueens!!

As I’ve said this is a MASSIVE task for us this game.

Sorry Des. I respect you for what you've done in the past. But for the life of me I cannot understand your persistence with a backline that is failing consistently. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I think you've made a judgement flaw.
Bearfax.....& a reserves bench that has no punch!!!!! When Marty & AFB go off so does our go forward & punch. Our bench this year has been our undoing. We need 3 forwards with some mongrel....Paseka & Gosiewski need to go & take some angry pills. Boyle, Sipley, Waddell, Olakau’atu NEED to be given a go ASAP!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4