PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE I agree could go to 9... Schuster should be in this team... he played well at 2nd row (out of position)... put him at 6 with Foran at 7. Unfortunately Croker scored a try, so he'll probably be safe for the rest of the season... people will come out and say Croker went well on the weekend... I agree he went okay... but one good game every 2 months just proves he ain't first grade standard.

Croker is a disaster at dummy-half. His terrible passing plus non existent running is dragging the side down. Not all his fault of course, but it is almost as though Manly are playing one man down against full strength sides.

Croker is a disaster at dummy-half. His terrible passing plus non existent running is dragging the side down. Not all his fault of course, but it is almost as though Manly are playing one man down against full strength sides.
His try made me laugh, he looked up , didn't know what to do and the defence opened up for him, he had no option but to fall over the line

I really can’t see us winning any of the first four games AND, two down two to go.

At home we’d have a chance v the Queens , away , zero !!

When was the last time we’ve beaten them away ???

Queens 32
Us 18

Hook has the right game plan watching last week after bad first round . Looked fit direct and fast.
whether they have the roster to capitalise is doubtful but they should put us away down there. I’d back Manly at brookie.

Hasn't been that injury prone???
He got the staggers in our trial after taking his first hit-up.
In fact if he played for the Roosters (which obviously he wouldn't because he's not a test star) he'd probably be stood down for 3 months.
Parker will be HIA gonski if he plays in the second row. Not his fault. It just seems like it’s open season on attacking his head. The refs do nothing.

We need speed in our backline...

does anyone else think our backs are running too flat, they never seem to get early ball and have no time. Could also be **** service as well

We need speed in our backline...

does anyone else think our backs are running too flat, they never seem to get early ball and have no time. Could also be **** service as well
Just look at how deep the Souffs' backs are when they start their attack, and invariably it leads to them outflanking the opposition and scoring in the corner... from where Reynolds never seems to have any trouble converting.

Just look at how deep the Souffs' backs are when they start their attack, and invariably it leads to them outflanking the opposition and scoring in the corner... from where Reynolds never seems to have any trouble converting.

it is plain to see by all, no idea why it hasn’t been addressed, the best backlines run with depth gives them time. Every time I have seen Suli receive the ball his opposite is on him already

Comes down to speed. We have none. Play as deep as you like but if you are slow you get belted by quick rushing defence who are confident you can’t go around them.

Top teams play flat and fast at the advantage line with players either side of ball carrier in the middle third, drag players in, then spread to deep rushing backs later in the set and its game over.

Roosters and Storm are masters of it. Comes down to speed - in the punch in the middle, the play the ball ( we are atrocious ) and the finishing out wide.

Foran Parker Suli can play a bit of footy I suppose but as half a 2021 backline they are way too slow.Throw in Garrick who has pace but is totally out of his depth and its the **** show it is.
Dylan to centre gives us some hope.

Last edited:
Comes down to speed. We have none. Play as deep as you like but if you are slow you get belted by quick rushing defence who are confident you can’t go around them.

Top teams play flat and fast at the advantage line with players either side of ball carrier in the middle third, drag players in, then spread to deep rushing backs later in the set and its game over.

Roosters and Storm are masters of it. Comes down to speed - both in the punch in the middle, the play the ball ( we are atrocious ) and the finishing out wide.

Foran Parker Suli can play a bit of footy I suppose but as half a 2021 backline they are way too slow.
Dylan to centre gives us some hope.

Des won't do it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10