PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's touch footy so Walker at the back might work. Funa being on the bench is probably to fill in at fullback if Walker is all over the shop. Not 100% sure who will be playing Hooker since I can't see Croker playing 80 minutes.

Thing I also hate about Des team selections, is that when a player returns, it offsets the rest of the team in many areas. Wouldn't you try and disrupt the rest of the group as little as possible, to create chemistry and combinations?

Example. Tom Trbojevic returns
  • Displaces Dylan Walker
  • Displaces Brad Parker OR Moses Suli
  • Affects combination with Jason Saab or Reuben Garrick

OR

You play Harper. Tom returns, replaces Harper - no other affects.

I can understand the disappointment or downright bewilderment at the team selection but we have to get behind the team and stay positive! The fans are the lifeblood of this club and we remain regardless of who comes and goes in the playing strip. A win is the cherry on top of supporting the maroon and whites...you get a 1 in 16 chance every year...long odds...so might as well rest your hat on something more enduring! Just be proud to be Manly!
Yeah Nah stuff that...kill Des...Schuster for coach...who is with me people?!

Oh dear. Watching sport is entertainment. A break from the real life difficulties we all deal with. Sure we love our team but part of it is not only cheering from the rooftops when we're doing well but bitching and whinging about team selections, players etc because it's not our real lives. We're not all the same and some may not want pain year in and year out as their break from reality.
Well said.

Most of the selections are players with first grade experience.

Is it better for a player like schuster to get full games in reserve grade for a few weeks, or 15 mins off the bench in a first grade cameo?

I think full match experience is important, and lots of our young players have barely played a game for 18 months.

They may not be ready for the 80 min first grade grind. Give it a few weeks and be patient.

Des and the team are there everyday watching the training seeing the combinations , they know the current fitness.
Plus Des is under the pump every time we lose.
I think we have to trust his judgement

Des and the team are there everyday watching the training seeing the combinations , they know the current fitness.
Plus Des is under the pump every time we lose.
I think we have to trust his judgement
I tried that last year, I really don't think he's up to it anymore especially the new fast paced six again game, he's showing us that he hasn't kept up with the evolution of the game and I reckon we're in for another horror year

While this is true almost anyone who has played footy there whole life can kick a footy to a point.,
Depends how long you've lived
We are in MASSIVE trouble. Lets break this down:
You may have a point but let's wait and see? :)
Far out @Snake - couldn't you get something wrong so I could at least have false hope he'll play?!
Snake once said we were 99% sure to sign Moylan (or it might have been Pearce), in either case I ribbed him for it but technically he was right because he didn't say 100%, lol. I am now officially a follower of Snake's insider tips (though I wish he wasn't so touchy!!)
We're not all the same and some may not want pain year in and year out as their break from reality.
Pain is actually a fantastic diversion from the stress of the outside world. However I take your point, more fun to win. This Manly side (21 selected) is totally capable of taking down the Chooks, who aren't exactly supermen :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2