PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Chooks v Manly [Round 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Here's how I see the first 5 min. Either...
1. We kickoff. JAAAKE ,Tackle 2 set restart holding down. JAAAKE, Tackle 3 set restart offside. JAAAKE Tackle 1 set restart offside , try rorters. OR
2. They kickoff. 5 tackles no set restarts even though they're holding down, hands on ball, back 7 meters and tackles around the head. We kick downfield, JAAAAKE tackle 2 set restart holding, JAAAKE set restart tackle 4 offside, JAAAAKE tackle 2 set restart holding, try rorternothing like deja vu

Been told dessie will be starting Saab at full back.

1. Saab
2. Funa
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick

Possibly

1. Saab
2. Suli
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Garrick
Why throw a newbie with no experience at fullback into a game against an opponent like the rooters when there are others with at least some experience in that position, if this is true then Hasler has lost the plot, I've gone from feeling somewhat confident of a better season a month ago to feeling the same trepidation I felt most of last year, this time tomorrow night we'll all have a much greater idea of how things are looking for at least the first month, I've got everything crossed

So that's a definite maybe or a possibly could be then ?
Not sure I don't speak to Des. I don't have a source or anything.. just some chatter. Not even sure it's reliable.

I think we will see Walker and Saab switching during the game . Time will tell.

Why throw a newbie with no experience at fullback into a game against an opponent like the rooters when there are others with at least some experience in that position, if this is true then Hasler has lost the plot, I've gone from feeling somewhat confident of a better season a month ago to feeling the same trepidation I felt most of last year, this time tomorrow night we'll all have a much greater idea of how things are looking for at least the first month, I've got everything crossed
I think they'll be switching. Walker may start there . I'm more worried if Jake ends up playing hooker!

Really looking forward to watching Andrew Davey debut for us .... I think he could be a future leader
He’s going to kill it. Played amazing in that trial, he was playing with great intensity and had an eye out for passing and offloads. Showed surprising speed when he made a break as well. He’ll be key to refreshing our stale back row in 2021 and hope he forces Sironen to be dropped (unless Siro makes a statement and shows us some fire himself)

Not sure I don't speak to Des. I don't have a source or anything.. just some chatter. Not even sure it's reliable.

I think we will see Walker and Saab switching during the game . Time will tell.
So you and some mates were at the pub and one of them goes for a piss at the trough and he hears some other bloke and his mate talking?

Des's presser yesterday. We're looking to be competitive. WOW that just full of confidence. In other words we know we'll lose we just hope it not a flogging. Sheesh talk about going into a season with zero winning attitude. I won't be watching it today. It's christians to lions stuff.

Manly's only hope for 2021 is each game is played in the rain. Otherwise the game speed, injuries and officiating under the National Big Bash Rugby League will kill us every match.

The first three games of the season have shown that last year's form has carried over to this year . I think the key to the Sea Eagles reversing this trend is Foran. At last, we have an accomplished halves pairing which should give good ball to our outside backs, should provide good lines for our forwards to run and should provide good field position through their kicking games - hopefully @:)

I am optimistic about our chances this afternoon, but like everyone, I will have more confidence if Schuster is in the 17. Without putting undue expectations on the young man, it is just plain practical to play him as 14 as he can cover so many positions - centre, five eighth, back row and dummy half!

Actually when you look at the two sides on paper Manly do not rate too badly at all . Maybe it could just come down to attitude and their share of luck and completing their sets for a decent Manly showing .Better defence of course stands to reason If Croker , Siro and Jet Ski can step up to the mark , could be well in the game and really need Suli to be back to his powerful best as well

Des's presser yesterday. We're looking to be competitive. WOW that just full of confidence. In other words we know we'll lose we just hope it not a flogging. Sheesh talk about going into a season with zero winning attitude. I won't be watching it today. It's christians to lions stuff.
Hopefully it's Des 'flying under the radar'. He is never one to talk the team up

Des's presser yesterday. We're looking to be competitive. WOW that just full of confidence.
My perception was that Des was both nervous & confident about the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a shifty move pre game.

Des looks healthier & more energised than this time last year (i.e. post early 2020 hip surgery).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10