PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Bulldogs v Manly [Round 18, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I will start this by saying that DCE has been a favorite player of mine since 2011 but IMO he has not reached master class. We need DCE to start making better options. Throwing the ball out wide in our 22 with a few minutes before half time whilst leading by 20 - 6 was a major major mistake. I player of his experience should have kept it simple by playing a tight set with a kick down field. That error resulted in the tigers scoring a minute or so later and reducing our lead to 20 - 12 at half time. Without that error we probably win the game comfortably. Master class players don't take unnecessary risks like that. We need composure and patience and a few more players making first up tackles. The players selected are good enough to beat the Dogs its just a question of whether they play well enough and with the amount of youth in the side they need a master class leader.
Not only is DCE not a leader, we don’t even seem to have a leadership group which is so vital with all the kids coming through. Hopefully they’re very aware of this when recruiting.

We tend to come out flat after heartbreaking losses. We’re mentally weak.

Heartbreaking loss to Parra and we’re down 18-0 against the Broncos the following week and almost lose.

Heartbreaking loss to the Knights twice this season and we get smashed by the Dragons and Souths the following weeks.

With the season gone and playing against the team coming last, I can’t see the players getting up for this. Not to mention our record at ANZ.
You said it sadly perfectly.

I fear we just won't have the hunger anymore in this season.

I can see come out playing like we did against south's but dogs not taking full advantage.

Dogs 28-8

Not only is DCE not a leader, we don’t even seem to have a leadership group which is so vital with all the kids coming through. Hopefully they’re very aware of this when recruiting.

how do you know we don’t have a leadership group. That’s a big call.

I will start this by saying that DCE has been a favorite player of mine since 2011 but IMO he has not reached master class. We need DCE to start making better options. Throwing the ball out wide in our 22 with a few minutes before half time whilst leading by 20 - 6 was a major major mistake. I player of his experience should have kept it simple by playing a tight set with a kick down field. That error resulted in the tigers scoring a minute or so later and reducing our lead to 20 - 12 at half time. Without that error we probably win the game comfortably. Master class players don't take unnecessary risks like that. We need composure and patience and a few more players making first up tackles. The players selected are good enough to beat the Dogs its just a question of whether they play well enough and with the amount of youth in the side they need a master class leader.

To be fair, we were doing things comfortably and with the completion rate right up there he probably thought another try was on the cards.
I doubt he was thinking what if's at that stage.

Yes, I yelled at the TV but we still should have been able to cover that.

For us to win, we'll need to remember how to tackle. We'll also have to remember how to hold onto the ball when we have it so we don't have to tackle quite so much. The attack will come if we get our defence right. Defensive structures and commitment to the tackle are all we need to practise right now.

For us to win, we'll need to remember how to tackle. We'll also have to remember how to hold onto the ball when we have it so we don't have to tackle quite so much. The attack will come if we get our defence right. Defensive structures and commitment to the tackle are all we need to practise right now.
True, but our problem all year apart from the first few games is that we have never had both attack and defence to a standard in the one game.Its always been good defence and no attack or attack without defence .Holding onto the ball has been a huge issue for us the last 2 years nearly every game especially compared to other sides.Honestly i have never known a manly side to have shot themselves in the foot so much as our side. To a degree you can see it coming.Mentally nothing has changed.Its so frustrating to watch your side just do themselves in week after week.

This week's NRL split heads promotion
Averillo & Cust @:)

NRL.jpg

I'm expecting not to get a win this weekend.
The only positive for me is the Broncos should be last on the table come Sunday night helping them onto the wooden spoon, its lucky we got a few early win because we are the worst two teams in the comp at the moment.

The only positive for me is the Broncos should be last on the table come Sunday night helping them onto the wooden spoon, its lucky we got a few early win because we are the worst two teams in the comp at the moment.

Yes it’s a real low for us and the only way is up from here

I was going to say the same, the Broncos winning the spoon would actually make an embarrassing loss to the last placed team much easier to endure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4