PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Bulldogs v Manly [Round 18, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate we'll find a way to lose against anyone. Don't get your hopes up.

If it happens this week and the Broncos finish last because of it then I will be stoked. I already knew the season was a write-off for us long before most other fans here had written us off

Already had my mind on to next year for some time now

If it happens this week and the Broncos finish last because of it then I will be stoked. I already knew the season was a write-off for us long before most other fans here had written us off

Already had my mind on to next year for some time now
I’d prefer the broncos to be last next week. Hate seeing us lose and to the dogs of all teams , no thanks.

I’d prefer the broncos to be last next week. Hate seeing us lose and to the dogs of all teams , no thanks.

The Bulldogs are not beating Souths or the Panthers in the final two rounds.

Dogs only have themselves to blame for the position they’re in cause they keep turning to absolute **** against other teams that are struggling. I think our team are almost a safe bet for a win this week cause the Dogs are that ****

Seeing the Broncos finish last is a massive victory for fans of all other rugby league teams

The Bulldogs will be desperate as this is their last chance for victory in 2020 and they’ll throw everything ( including the kitchen sink) at us.

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that it could yet again be a dissapointing night.

The Bulldogs will be desperate as this is their last chance for victory in 2020 and they’ll throw everything ( including the kitchen sink) at us.

I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that it could yet again be a dissapointing night.
Yeah I agree. Especially after the way we lost last week and that sealing our finals fate. Will be tough for them to get up for this game. Dogs have more motivation to avoid the spoon. Other than a bit of pride we ain’t playing for much right now. The

Ben Trbojevic and Luke Metcalf both named on an extended bench! Wonder what the chances of either one playing...

Doubt it. Metcalf could be a smokie, though I get a sense he is not on Manly's long term plans and will probably be elsewhere next year. . Des, you would think, maybe should be trying some of these kids from the bench, given their lack of game time

Doubt it. Metcalf could be a smokie, though I get a sense he is not on Manly's long term plans and will probably be elsewhere next year. . Des, you would think, maybe should be trying some of these kids from the bench, given their lack of game time

I think it's more likely that we've just named an extended bench that has our remaining fit players, especially when it comes to back line players.

I will start this by saying that DCE has been a favorite player of mine since 2011 but IMO he has not reached master class. We need DCE to start making better options. Throwing the ball out wide in our 22 with a few minutes before half time whilst leading by 20 - 6 was a major major mistake. I player of his experience should have kept it simple by playing a tight set with a kick down field. That error resulted in the tigers scoring a minute or so later and reducing our lead to 20 - 12 at half time. Without that error we probably win the game comfortably. Master class players don't take unnecessary risks like that. We need composure and patience and a few more players making first up tackles. The players selected are good enough to beat the Dogs its just a question of whether they play well enough and with the amount of youth in the side they need a master class leader.

I will start this by saying that DCE has been a favorite player of mine since 2011 but IMO he has not reached master class. We need DCE to start making better options. Throwing the ball out wide in our 22 with a few minutes before half time whilst leading by 20 - 6 was a major major mistake. I player of his experience should have kept it simple by playing a tight set with a kick down field. That error resulted in the tigers scoring a minute or so later and reducing our lead to 20 - 12 at half time. Without that error we probably win the game comfortably. Master class players don't take unnecessary risks like that. We need composure and patience and a few more players making first up tackles. The players selected are good enough to beat the Dogs its just a question of whether they play well enough and with the amount of youth in the side they need a master class leader.
One thing i have noticed quite alot with dce is his rushing out in defence that then results in a try down the wing he did it twice last week which led to 2

We tend to come out flat after heartbreaking losses. We’re mentally weak.

Heartbreaking loss to Parra and we’re down 18-0 against the Broncos the following week and almost lose.

Heartbreaking loss to the Knights twice this season and we get smashed by the Dragons and Souths the following weeks.

With the season gone and playing against the team coming last, I can’t see the players getting up for this. Not to mention our record at ANZ.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6