Positives to take in tough times...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Is it an injury crisis....well if it's not you can see it from here.
Tom T is now a Top 3 NRL Superstar and Manly's Key player...Walks will be missed also...
The thing is, both these blokes missed much of last weeks game against serious title contenders Canberra and not many judges would have given us a shot to get within 20 also missing Kapow.
They found a bit....then found a bit more...what this builds is a team prepared to play for each other, not relying on your "Star" player to get you out of trouble, in fact having to ALL roll up the sleeves and dig deep.
It's not ideal having key injuries the next 6 or so weeks, but if this team continues to bond and get some results, will only add to the belief and when more strike force does come back - look out NRL...

I agree. I like the character and resilience this group exhibit particularity in the face of adversity. They were getting belted by the Canberra forwards early and not only withstood that punishment but came back and put on 12 points. That is something that requires everyone single player to put in 110% for one another and to believe in one another. It makes me proud to be a eagles supporter.

And even though they have been resting for two months already, these 6 weeks will have them coming back fresh and determined for the back end of the season, when others would’ve played with no break like they’re use to during a normal season

THE MORAL OF THE LEGENDARY SEA EAGLE WINNING STORY ....
WHEN STAR PLAYERS ARE OUT THEY ARE QUICKLY REPLACED BY THE RESILIENT MANLY WINNING SPIRIT THAT TAKES OUR GAME TO ANOTHER LEVEL

ALL MANLY FANS SHOULD ALSO TO TAKE THEIR SUPPORT TO ANOTHER LEVEL
BY PASSIONATELY AND PROUDLY BECOMING CLUB MEMBERS
download (5).jpg

Does Manly suffer more injuries than other clubs?
Passionate fans like all on Silvertails may believe so. Remember we limped into the finals last season with a patched-up team that did us proud?
I'd be appreciative of statistics showing how our injury rate compares. Until then I'll continue to feel we are more afflicted by injury than our rival clubs.

Will be interesting to see where the points will come from
That's part of the exciting factor MC....no Tom T, Walks or Suli - with 1 or 2 involved in 90% of the Manly tries....maybe the combinations will now have to add more dimensions in attack, as those who normally sit back waiting for 1 of these Stars to light, the night need to bring their own switches and turn them on.
Thing is behind a power forward pack...which Manly possess, you can strangle the opposition and though points may be hard to earn early...off the back of middle dominance - they eventually just do flow in time....Kicking game also vital and Croker beats Walker in this area, which is a gain.

Don’t discount the fact that we also lost Hank Scorpio inside the first few minutes! Losing a damn solid defender and attacking player of his caliber alone is something we can cover, but we ended up with edge forwards playing at the center positions and blokes being forced to play massive minutes as a result.

That is why I was so damn proud of the effort shown by the whole group to hold on and win a game that the bookies had us losing at full strength. It really showed the character of this team andhow they’ve bought into being Sea Eagles..

We get Tommy and Walks back and we give teams huuuuuge headaches.

Generally when a team that goes through the season with the less injuries usually wins the comp . And especially if your spine remains untouched . Unfortunately for Manly they have lost 1/2 there spine already , The team showed they Can tough out a win and if that can install the belief that They can do it without key players and get through without them and come out the otherside anything is possible
The Key is that there aren’t anymore Injuries,While DCE is fit the dream is still alive

I would like to see number of players used each year and how teams finished on the table. I have had a rough look and it appears that if a team is only required to use 24 or below different players they are very competitive. Near 30 and above makes it a real struggle. We have used 22 (?) and can rotate these players plus we will have a more to use. Maybe some more forwards.

We have top quality fill ins. It so far so good. I believe that if Elliott was any better he would not be available as one of our reserves.

I would like to see number of players used each year and how teams finished on the table. I have had a rough look and it appears that if a team is only required to use 24 or below different players they are very competitive. Near 30 and above makes it a real struggle. We have used 22 (?) and can rotate these players plus we will have a more to use. Maybe some more forwards.

We have top quality fill ins. It so far so good. I believe that if Elliott was any better he would not be available as one of our reserves.

Yep, 23-24 is what you want to go deep into the finals, this year may be a bit different due to no ressies or SOO. If the Top 8 breaks away early enough coaches may be more inclined to rest players running up to the semis to give some ressies game time.

Also our back ups did well last week but the real test is backing it up week on week, mentally and physically, let's hope they can.

I would like to think a positive might be that Elliot, Levi, Cust and Waddell (when he returns) will play out of their skins so their contracts will be renewed for next year. Now they've been given an opportunity, they should/will hopefully make the most of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6