Ponga wants 4 year 6million deal from Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let him go to Union.

He signed a massive contract to join the Knights until the end of 2022. The Cowboys werent prepared to take the same risk at the time, so he grabbed the cash and went to Newcastle.

Now after 5 straight losses and playing like a hack he wants upgrade because he plays Origin.

What a hide.

**** him off.

Translation “I want out”. It is very hard for Newcastle to respond positively to this. Deny him and watch him jockey for a release. Give in and they can’t afford anyone else, so the team performance suffers.

He’s got them over a barrel, and they haven’t even won anything yet. A pretty mercenary move.

It’s just the bull#*^# this sport and the media generate. Seriously Ponga has done f#^% all in this game. Two seasons at the knights, no finals. Been part of two losing origin campaigns and played 1 good game. What a joke.1.5mil a year!!!! I’m actually liking this guy less and less. Let him go to union. He’s fast becoming money bill 2.0.

I hope they let him go. The guy is getting some bad advice in my book. Does too much media for someone who is so early into his career, hasn’t achieved anything with the Knights and wants to literally double his salary when he was paid overs for a rookie with 2 NRL games under his belt when first signed.

This doesn’t send a great message to his team mates. If you’re going to build a team around someone, you want them to be a leader and respected team mate. This guy reminds me of the talented junior types that come through the systems with big wraps on them since they were young like Hayne. I might be completely wrong and it could all be his manager, but his media work so far hasn’t been very impressive in my eyes either.

Knights took a big gamble signing Ponga to a 4 yr 600k deal. He was a nobody at the time.

But this just goes to show that even when you’re right, you’re wrong...

Arrogant little sod. Showed disrespect for Turbo when outplayed in round 1 and now displaying incredible greed mid contract. They signed him as a nobody for 600k a season and this is how he shows his gratitude. He’s really lifted them to great heights this season. Thank goodness the T’s don’t suffer from his mind set of self entitlement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6