Poll .. Should Aust. build Nuclear power stations?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Aust. build a nuclear power industry?

• Yes

Votes: 54 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
If everyone had one we’d need 20 x the coal fired power stations we have to accommodate the need.

A lot of people are making an awful lot of money with these but there’s been little thought given to how the **** we are going to power the bastards.

I’ve got a good mate who’s a retired electrician , actually a lot better than that he had a very large business doing really big jobs.

The average house pulls ( his words ) about 20 amps with a maximum of 25. To put a proper charger for one of these in it needs to be 75 amps. Based on the current grid strength he reckons you could have maybe 2-3 of these per normal street , any more and there just wouldn’t be power for anyone else to do anything.

There’s been zero thoughts on how this is really going to work.
You can charge a Tesla on 8 amps ( same as a 2 HP pool pump uses)
More if you have 3 phrase power.

Greener ,cheaper ,smaller,safer It is def coming.
Gates is building first one in Wyoming now.

excelente-burns.gif

30% of the world's uranium and the most stable continent on earth? Sure lets do it. Not that we need to lol, just build houses with mandatory solar panels ... job done! But yeh lets build nukes

Fun fact: Nuclear subs have enriched uranium as a by-product!

No, no, no. We've gotta keep warming the planet folks. A lot of lizards are depending on us. We need to keep burning coal till there are barnacles growing on the underside of that big knob on the top of the Sydney Tower.

The nuclear submarines are just an escape plan for the polies when Canberra goes under.

Wind , more of those big windmills that really don’t do a great job from everything I read , really
I worked on the experimental one at Malabar, got to say, some days the slow helicopter whoop did our heads in. It broke down frequently and logistically was a nightmare to repair, in really big winds it had to be parked, for fear of overspeed.

My council quoted $10,000 for three phase despite an existing previous connection. I wanted it for a car hoist, got a phase changer box installed for $450
Gee what a surprise that a council would charge an insane price for an existing install.

I worked on the experimental one at Malabar, got to say, some days the slow helicopter whoop did our heads in. It broke down frequently and logistically was a nightmare to repair, in really big winds it had to be parked, for fear of overspeed.
There was a whole bunch of them on the Atherton Tablelands when I was up there , all stopped, why “ too much wind “ lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6