Poll .. Saab V Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which player do you throw the jersey to?

• Saab

• Tuipuluto

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tui may be a bit confused or lacking confidence at present but he is a talent and a goer.
Ultimately the player to be squeezed out could be neither Saab nor Tui, but Parker, especially if he's forced out for a while with injury.

Tui may be a bit confused or lacking confidence at present but he is a talent and a goer.
Ultimately the player to be squeezed out could be neither Saab nor Tui, but Parker, especially if he's forced out for a while with injury.
Can Tui play centre?

I'm not willing to give up on him yet but his decision making and high ball catches on the wing aren't good enough.

Tippy is better at making metres coming out of our own half and doing the gritty stuff that no one notices, he put a few hits on Sivo the other night too which was not noticed.
If Turbo gets injured Tippy is even more important than Saab.
We all know Saab is quick and can finish a try, but coming out of our own half is where Tippy is better.
Saab metres gained in the last 4 games he played last year before his injury:

vs Parra = 264
vs Dragons = 108
vs Newcastle = 223
vs Melbourne = 108

Respectively Tui in those exact same games

vs Parra = 185
vs Dragons = 137
vs Newcastle = 110
vs Melbourne = 91

Only one game in those head to heads where Tui got more metres. And if you average all them scores up, Saab beats him comprehensively. I'm annoyed with people forgetting how much Saab had improved and was genuinely performing in the period between when he came back against the Cowboys to his ACL injury against the Titans. He had changed, became more stronger as a ball carrier and worked hard to get those extra metres and not get ragdolled. It was very good to see but it seems to have been clouded by him getting injured and the whole pride jersey fiasco. But Saab looked like a changed man in the last few games he played last year, and add the massive bulk he's had, I think he will be a much better option as a yardage gainer. If he can perfect that, he already has the natural attributes of speed and height that just blow this comparison with Tui out the water.

Saab comes back, he is our winger no matter what.

Parker is very good in defence and we have plenty of strike with turbo schu and Kelma on that side already.

Parker is very good in defence and we have plenty of strike with turbo schu and Kelma on that side already.
Agree. But if Parks gets hurt it's possible Garrick could do well in that spot and make it hard for him to get back.

I think Tui was pretty good for us last year. Has not had the greatest start to this season but it has only been 2 games.

He wasn’t alone, but awful towards the end of last season and the downward trajectory continues.
Fair enough. Saab has had a pretty awful patch as well during his time with us. Tui would not be on big coin and in the main holds his own as someone who is likely paid plodder rates. Is Saab better? Yes and likely paid for it as well.

Fair enough. Saab has had a pretty awful patch as well during his time with us. Tui would not be on big coin and in the main holds his own as someone who is likely paid plodder rates. Is Saab better? Yes and likely paid for it as well.
I think Saab was on a definite upward trajectory before he got injured. There was one game at brookie towards the end of the season before he got injured, his carry’s were strong and he was peppered with bombs all day and took them all cleanly.

Getting to the stage of almost dreading whenever the opposition hoist a bomb Tui 's way , especially at crucial times of a game or when field position is so vital Not to mention of course defensive issues . No different from Jorge's predicament previously and despite his other good attributes also . Jorge did improve a bit in his very late stage Manly career with taking high kicks , could even hopefully apply to Tui but would not like to bet on it . Saab by a big margin and shame that it is still some time before he is due to resume playing again

Tui can't tackle worth **** if you're only as good as your last game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4