Poll .. Saab V Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which player do you throw the jersey to?

• Saab

• Tuipuluto

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yea Christian for me. He's taken this opportunity with both hands and has had an incredible run. So happy for him to prove himself as a first grader. He's had to wait 2 years to get his chance at a good stint at first grade. And he's been super impressive.

I believe he's more important than Saab because we need to start playing like the top teams. We need to adopt the mold of Penrith and value our yardage carries from our back 3/5. They are so important to our sets. Penrith have mastered it in the last 2 years, and is one of the vital factors they've been on top. We got the right mix of Turbo Garrick Christian to copy this mold, add Tolu as a strong ball carrier as well. We can take advantage of this!

On current form you'd have to say tuipuluto but I think we have to find a way to have Saab in the team when fit. We need to use his pure speed, the threat of this alone keeps other teams on notice
Yeah, it's a tough one UK eagle, with Tommy back on board again the DCE-Turbo-Saab combo could well start up again, turning half breaks into scoring try's at will. Then on the other hand Tui has been a revelation for us, good damaging runner taking the ball up, solid in defence and finishes off try scoring opportunities like a good winger should. Right now it's Tui for mine.

Yea Christian for me. He's taken this opportunity with both hands and has had an incredible run. So happy for him to prove himself as a first grader. He's had to wait 2 years to get his chance at a good stint at first grade. And he's been super impressive.

I believe he's more important than Saab because we need to start playing like the top teams. We need to adopt the mold of Penrith and value our yardage carries from our back 3/5. They are so important to our sets. Penrith have mastered it in the last 2 years, and is one of the vital factors they've been on top. We got the right mix of Turbo Garrick Christian to copy this mold, add Tolu as a strong ball carrier as well. We can take advantage of this!
Agree although he is not overly quick and got burnt by the Tigers centre on Saturday.

Tippy hands down. offers more. bigger body, more metres, good finisher, goes looking for work

Saab quick if Tom puts him into open space without a defender in front of him

gets rag dolled, doesn't go looking for work, defends by back pedalling.

Saab will take a carry from our own end, stands up right then dumped on his back. The defence is then set and hammers the next charge.

would rather an outside back with a stronger carry, gets us going forward. Need more metres coming out from our own end with quicker play the backs.

Manly can get a good roll on from that, with marty and co following up with hits ups over the advantage line

agree

Agree although he is not overly quick and got burnt by the Tigers centre on Saturday.
If you are talking about Garners try, that was Harper who was caught in no mans land (surprise surprise), forcing Garrick to jam. Nothing to do with Tuipulotu.

Can he play centre? That is the only issue, if he can then I agree.
The other option is Garrick, who was a centre before making NRL with Manly.
I agree our best side should have Tui Saab Koula Parker & Garrick, somewhere or other, but that is 5 into 4 spots...!
I spoke briefly to Tippytoes two seasons ago at the initial Mudgee match and he told me he was a centre, even though he hasn't been selected there yet in First Grade.

At the moment its Tippy hands down BUT long term to me its Saab still ( just ) . And more to the point I think Christian can play other positions because of his willingness to take some contact. So to me it may not be an either/or decision. But yeah Saab needs to lift and I think if you put a rocket up him he will.

If we are playing a bottom 8 side and its a high point scoring game on a dry track it's Saab for me. If we are playing a top team and it's a physical contest or a slippery night game then it's Christian.

I spoke briefly to Tippytoes two seasons ago at the initial Mudgee match and he told me he was a centre, even though he hasn't been selected there yet in First Grade.
Guess that is why Manly signed him [ Tippytoes ] for 4 years and his undoubted potential initially as a centre but he has certainly made a decent fist with his opportunity now as a winger . One understated aspect with Saab is his ability to run down even quite quick opposition players , Saab to me is still the fastest player over a longer distance in the N R L . Pity he can "t adopt that Daniel Toupu type hit up style and also like Garrick now , getting between defensive players and fighting hard for yardage backwards or forward , hopefully will come . Tippytoes on current form just over Saab on the wing but best option again or certainly worth a try , Tippytoes to centre , Saab wing when he is fit again .

I am a strong believer in selections on form. The time range should be 3 games. We don't have time to wait for players to play themselves out of a slump. Saab is out of form and his defence is atrocious. Tippy is a mile ahead on form. Harper shouldn't be selected next week on form. There is a risk he will be exposed by the strong Brisbane centers. We cant afford to loose the game against the Broncos with a tough draw ahead.

In my opinion, SAAB is a 50% superstar, in waiting.

Ok, a few elements of his game need improvement, but these will come with experience and training.

What he does have, that you can't manufacture, is speed and height. Not a lot of wingers have both so I feel it is worth persevering til he develops into that Star that he can be.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6