Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't he accept a huge offer from the Dogs after we would not extend his contract?

Way I remember it was Hasler negotiating with the Penns for months during 2011 for a new upgraded contract and the Penns not coming to the party in terms of money.

I believe there was an option in Haslers favour for 2012.

I think at the time Des was on $400-$450k per year and the Penns offered an extra $50k per year for his new deal but while that was happening Greenturd signed Hasler up for roughly double our offer. Couldn’t blame him for accepting that offer.

The disgusting thing was when Des had accepted the dogs offer, he also took up an extension from Manly for 2012 knowing full well he was going to the dogs.

Once Haslers extension with Manly for 2012 was announced, he then announced he was going to the dogs from 2013. Manly of course couldn’t have a coach extending for one year and then moving on so Manly rightly sacked him.

Des then wanted to sue Manly for wrongful dismissal until Manly uncovered emails Hasler had sent from the club’s computers to Greenturd stating he is coming to the dogs and Greenturd apparently stating it would be from 2012.

Hasler only took up his option with Manly knowing full well we would have to sack him and he thought he’d get an easy $450-$500k payout for being sacked.

That emailed showed Hasler signing with 2 clubs for 2012.

When Hasler told Manly he is sueing them for wrongful dismissal, the Penns told Des we will see you in court with the emails between he and Greenturd.

Funny enough Hasler backed down and didn’t want to go to court.

Very deceitful behaviour from both Hasler and Greenturd.

If Hasler jut left for double the contract, I wouldn’t blame him.

The fact he took up an option he had for 2012 knowing he had signed with the dogs was disgusting.

There may be people who could fill in more accurately but it wasn’t because we wouldn’t extend him, it was just down to the money on offer.

I'll be shattered if its Henry , not so much because he can probably coach its just that i want Manly to coach Manly . All in all unlike some ill still support this mighty club .

I'll be shattered if its Henry , not so much because he can probably coach its just that i want Manly to coach Manly . All in all unlike some ill still support this mighty club .

Same mate.

The most disappointing part of the whole things for me will be keeping Cartwright and Ferris.

If Barrett is gone, the sweep out his staff.

Henry could go alright if he had some good support staff (ie. The Sherriff and decent tactical support coach like Elliott).

But to move Barrett on and keep the rest of the clowns in place screams of insanity.

But I will continue to support the team until the day they are no longer.......which as it is run right now may not be too far away!!!

I really don't care who coaches us I just want the dramas of the past few years to disappear. The Club is bigger than any individual and we just need a year of consolidation & stability without any negative headlines.

I will always support Manly Sea Eagles the Team and whoever coaches the team. I don't support individuals as such or get too attached to them as I fully understand this is a cut-throat business and that personel change at times is necessary and expected if you want to succeed.

Last edited:
I do not want Hasler (the dirty dog) back and whilst Id love to have Tooves back I know it won't happen under the current administration. I don't expect Macquire will come near the joint so that doesn't leave too many choices. In addition to that it doesn't seem we have much money to spend so we can't buy a super coach for millions of bucks. I was concerned that Henry's winning record as a coach from 248 games (Canberra 2007 - 2008 45%, North Queensland Cowboys 2009 - 2013 48%, Titans 2014 - 2017 37%) is only 109 wins a ration of 44%. In fairness he worst season as a coach was 2017 with 7 wins from 24 games incidentally that was the year the great dreamer Hayne arrived at the Titans and white anted him. However previously In 2016 the Titans finished 8th. Ironically we are on 7 wins from 22 starts at present. Henry is regarded as one of the best tacticians in the game by many and lets face it that on its own has to be a big improvement on TB. On top of that he will instill discipline and won't pamper any of the playing group. IMO he showed great character standing up to Hayne in 2017 and to the Titan's detriment that punted him and not Hayne. IMO if Henry gets the gig we will improve in 2019 and maybe Marty and Walker will both stay.

Way I remember it was Hasler negotiating with the Penns for months during 2011 for a new upgraded contract and the Penns not coming to the party in terms of money.

I believe there was an option in Haslers favour for 2012.

I think at the time Des was on $400-$450k per year and the Penns offered an extra $50k per year for his new deal but while that was happening Greenturd signed Hasler up for roughly double our offer. Couldn’t blame him for accepting that offer.

The disgusting thing was when Des had accepted the dogs offer, he also took up an extension from Manly for 2012 knowing full well he was going to the dogs.

Once Haslers extension with Manly for 2012 was announced, he then announced he was going to the dogs from 2013. Manly of course couldn’t have a coach extending for one year and then moving on so Manly rightly sacked him.

Des then wanted to sue Manly for wrongful dismissal until Manly uncovered emails Hasler had sent from the club’s computers to Greenturd stating he is coming to the dogs and Greenturd apparently stating it would be from 2012.

Hasler only took up his option with Manly knowing full well we would have to sack him and he thought he’d get an easy $450-$500k payout for being sacked.

That emailed showed Hasler signing with 2 clubs for 2012.

When Hasler told Manly he is sueing them for wrongful dismissal, the Penns told Des we will see you in court with the emails between he and Greenturd.

Funny enough Hasler backed down and didn’t want to go to court.

Very deceitful behaviour from both Hasler and Greenturd.

If Hasler jut left for double the contract, I wouldn’t blame him.

The fact he took up an option he had for 2012 knowing he had signed with the dogs was disgusting.

There may be people who could fill in more accurately but it wasn’t because we wouldn’t extend him, it was just down to the money on offer.

Nailed it!!

I do not want Hasler (the dirty dog) back and whilst Id love to have Tooves back I know it won't happen under the current administration. I don't expect Macquire will come near the joint so that doesn't leave too many choices. In addition to that it doesn't seem we have much money to spend so we can't buy a super coach for millions of bucks. I was concerned that Henry's winning record as a coach from 248 games (Canberra 2007 - 2008 45%, North Queensland Cowboys 2009 - 2013 48%, Titans 2014 - 2017 37%) is only 109 wins a ration of 44%. In fairness he worst season as a coach was 2017 with 7 wins from 24 games incidentally that was the year the great dreamer Hayne arrived at the Titans and white anted him. However previously In 2016 the Titans finished 8th. Ironically we are on 7 wins from 22 starts at present. Henry is regarded as one of the best tacticians in the game by many and lets face it that on its own has to be a big improvement on TB. On top of that he will instill discipline and won't pamper any of the playing group. IMO he showed great character standing up to Hayne in 2017 and to the Titan's detriment that punted him and not Hayne. IMO if Henry gets the gig we will improve in 2019 and maybe Marty and Walker will both stay.
Hope ur right friend.

Manly players in dark over Barrett future

SBS ....

Manly players say they're unsure whether Trent Barrett will stay on as coach of the NRL club next season.
Manly players say they are still in the dark over Trent Barrett's future at the NRL club but won't be drawn into any ongoing battle between the coach and administration.

Speculation over whether Barrett would be at the Sea Eagles next year entered a second week on Monday and players said they were unsure whether he would see out his contract which ends in 2020.

"As far as we know, you guys (in the media) know more than we do. We all get told the same thing so I don't think there's any progress in that," prop Martin Taupau said.

No supporting Cartwright but i vividly recall his passion and also the anxiety he showed whilst being the head coach at the Titans something i actually liked when the camera were on him during a match.

Did anyone notice on the weekend when the Storm were up 20 nil with 15min to go Bellamy was on edge swearing getting up out of his chair and walking out of the coaches box area.. I really thought that's an example of passion and a coach who knows a game can turn very quickly he was then seen screaming and sending messages to the players on numerous occasions during the match.

Something we could have done with on Friday night instead of seeing our coach with his arms crossed and showing Zero facial expressions... Pathetic !!

No supporting Cartwright but i vividly recall his passion and also the anxiety he showed whilst being the head coach at the Titans something i actually liked when the camera were on him during a match.

Did anyone notice on the weekend when the Storm were up 20 nil with 15min to go Bellamy was on edge swearing getting up out of his chair and walking out of the coaches box area.. I really thought that's an example of passion and a coach who knows a game can turn very quickly he was then seen screaming and sending messages to the players on numerous occasions during the match.

Something we could have done with on Friday night instead of seeing our coach with his arms crossed and showing Zero facial expressions... Pathetic !!

In Regards to Trent . Zero emotions are severe symptoms of I could no give a fck any more and emoti0nally burned out
In Regards to Cartwright . Bellamy also has Passion and anxiety but he also knows how to rebuild a club .

Didn't Carty retire as head coach due to a heart attack?

Baz is emotionally drained and mentally focused on his legal case :confused:

Somebody think of the Members before the 2019 membership drive :wait:

Didn't Carty retire as head coach due to a heart attack?

Baz is emotionally drained and mentally focused on his legal case :confused:

Somebody think of the Members before the 2019 membership drive :wait:

Carty was hospitalized whilst he was head coach of the Titans and had his appendix removed
ABC News report 2011 ....

But after another humiliation and their 15th loss for the season, stand-in coach Steve Murphy said the Titans had lost respect and had gone against everything they stood for as a club.

With coach Cartwright hospitalised after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix, assistants Murphy and Trevor Gillmeister took the reins.

Cartwright was sitting in his hospital bed watching the match and was on the phone giving instructions to football manager Scott Clarke for the duration, although his enthusiasm waned as the story got worse.

The coach may be out of hospital on Monday but there is no quick fix to the crisis the club faces, as it spirals towards its first wooden spoon.

"The second half is not our football team and not our club, Carty's obviously not with us, he's in hospital and supposed to be out tomorrow but after watching that he'll probably be in there a bit longer," Murphy said.

"It was an uncustomary performance from us, I thought it lacked discipline, it lacked everything we took four or five years to establish.

"We're just breaking systems and rules that have been in place since our inception ... all technical things we pride ourselves on just aren't there at the moment.

WE ARE HEARING THE SAME CRAP UNDER BARRETT AND THAT SHOULD BE OUR WARNING SIGNS !!!

This Year Cartwright and our players are at the hands of Baz who is emotionally drained and mentally focused on his legal case

FMD !!!!

From what I have seen , Head coaching does Trents head in .
Under Adversity Trent has proven to being capable of two things
1. Down on ideas to overcome and prevail
2. Down on resilience where he shuts down and focuses on quitting .
I saw a non fiction historical film once titled "The right stuff".
Trent has proven that he is not made out of the" right stuff" to be head coach .
I have always been a believer that adversity shows a mans TRUE worth

Last edited:
I will be voting for love
I am voting for Trent to stay
The Manly Warringah Love Birds at Lottoland has finally rubbed off on me :h:
images.jpg

The whole situation is ridiculous, it needs an investigation! We need a coach that will kick doors off hinges and threatens to run over refs with cement trucks, not a bloody android that shows no emotion and just repeats the same recording at each press conference.

Same mate.

The most disappointing part of the whole things for me will be keeping Cartwright and Ferris.

If Barrett is gone, the sweep out his staff.

Henry could go alright if he had some good support staff (ie. The Sherriff and decent tactical support coach like Elliott).

But to move Barrett on and keep the rest of the clowns in place screams of insanity.

But I will continue to support the team until the day they are no longer.......which as it is run right now may not be too far away!!!
See . We do agree on somethings !

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11