POLL Brooks Vs Shoe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we had somehow managed to use Schuster's money to get Dominic Young in the offseason (unlikely, obviously), we would certainly be at better than 15 to 1 on the premiership futures market now. Just imagine what that would have made our team into - Saab and Young on the wings. That woudl be a good use of however many hundred k he is on.

I dont like the idea of tying contract value to their performance. I understand the contract value is directly related to value to the team or potential.

We have been thru some tough times like when Snake, Skivvy and Choc were all out for season. Or when we had the salary cap penalties. I just see Schuster as a none contributor at this stage.

We are fortunate to not to be short of quality lock/2nd rows.

I treat Schuster like an injured player. He will either come good or we will move him on (this will cost us of course)

Shue is on last opportunity and the disappointing part, was fitter than for some time before injury.
The way he handles it from here tells the true story, forget recent years, this is the fork in the road year and he gets a chance to show he is hungry today at Blacktown.
The fact of is he good enough, well everyone kows that answer.....but if you have a dominant car in a race that doesn't get out of first gear it will be overtaken by lessor cars and the fate or success is in the hands of 1 man only - the Schu himself.
I wish him all the Best and have faith can be the player so highly regarded by the best NRL judges early days, but the excuses are over and it's time to ship up or ship out and if we want whats Best for Manly, a fitter, more energetic Schu is the Perfect fit (pardon the pun) @:smirk:

Obviously the coaching staff is experimenting with Shu as a 13 for a reason , bit hard to specifically determine at this stage and with the point of attack at present more in the spread mode but another insight on what additional value he may be able to offer ongoing .
No question of his attacking skill level all going well for him , just the defensive requirement whether on an edge or 13 .
Brooks has already shown what he is capable of with some real good footy at 6 and no doubt also of managing the 7 role if required .
Kinda had my reservations that Shu could definitely cut at as good level all round 6 and really has to be soon as an edge or some prospect as a 13 to vindicate his pay scale ongoing .
Maybe will get some indication this afternoon and now 3 games in how he is progressing in general

Obviously the coaching staff is experimenting with Shu as a 13 for a reason , bit hard to specifically determine at this stage and with the point of attack at present more in the spread mode but another insight on what additional value he may be able to offer ongoing .
No question of his attacking skill level all going well for him , just the defensive requirement whether on an edge or 13 .
Brooks has already shown what he is capable of with some real good footy at 6 and no doubt also of managing the 7 role if required .
Kinda had my reservations that Shu could definitely cut at as good level all round 6 and really has to be soon as an edge or some prospect as a 13 to vindicate his pay scale ongoing .
Maybe will get some indication this afternoon and now 3 games in how he is progressing in general
There aren’t many guys better in the game at engaging defenders and passing out the back to create space for their outside players. The extra time and space Schu at 13 would create for our backs would be amazing. Just needs to get his defence right.

I'm still waiting for Shu to justify the punting of Foz.
If you're gonna talk the talk you gotta walk the walk.

Don’t know for sure, but can guess why?

Shoey can’t avoid contact in the middle, plus get the miles in his legs … seems like a conditioning/ contact programme at Blacktown. Besides, everybody prefers game play to training drills.. this is better for his conditioning cycle in April-May.

Don’t know for sure, but can guess why?

Shoey can’t avoid contact in the middle, plus get the miles in his legs … seems like a conditioning/ contact programme at Blacktown. Besides, everybody prefers game play to training drills.. this is better for his conditioning cycle in April-May.
In his mid week presser Seibs was talking about exactly that, describing it as throwing him in "the washing machine". Seems like he is being groomed for Waddells spot on the bench, covering middle and edge with the added bonus of halves cover.

I’m not sold on the idea of Shoe as an edge or a 13, I have no doubt he can play either role, thing is you need high energy and involvement especially from your 13, reading this thread and watching last nights game, I know Carrigan and Cotter are outstanding examples, there involvement like Yeo, who on Thursday night was unbelievable, I just can’t see Shoe bringing that element to our side, we all know he can ball play and we all know that’s not enough.

Watching the Cows and the Donkeys it’s clear, there about trying to play up tempo footy, trying to emulate the Riffs game and rightly so, can Shoe bring that to our side? I’ll answer, no.

Murray, Hopgood, even McInnes, Elliot they bring high levels of energy and involvement, we can’t carry shoe in our pack just because he has X factor, he has to work and thats what I fear the most, its no secret the game is getting faster and players with big body shapes, low energy and or poor motors are yesterdays news, hook your wagon to speed and high energy or you’ll be left chasing the pack, its up to Shoe I guess.

If you watched BWSE game josh is no where near ready for first grade Brooks is miles ahead of him

Josh needs to get fit or leave he was so poor today and looks so disinterested in his footy

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8