Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a **** show. Honestly thought we were getting trolled. Management is screwed unless the players concede. They may as well see if Folau wants a contract if they change the jersey now.

You would think 7 blokes would be trying to earn a place in finals. Do I understand correctly that instead 7 blokes are so offended by ****ing rainbows and the thought of unicorns that they refuse to play. Well **** me drunk and call be dusty. Whats this world come too. Sad Sad state of affairs.

Agree

In 40 odd years of supporting the club through some pretty dark days it is the first time I have questioned my support
If that is true Isz, you need to get out more often.

I used to write letters to the SMH and go through my letter box in the week following getting hate mail. Two posters here in my view have been clearly homophobic. Two or three others on the other side of the debate have been racist to Polynesian people in my opinion. The rest have been decent, willing and generally respectful. As a society we need to be able to disagree in an agreeable way. I probably don't understand the opposite view to mine as best as I should. I'm trying to read and listen better. I hope tomorrow brings a good resolution to the problem.

Came onto this post quite late and when i first noticed it , just thought that it was some type of a prank post . How did or could it come to this debacle type situation now . Poor management and consultation but must be some way of resolving it . Can't the players with the objections just be encouraged or urged to make some type of a joint or collective [ inclusive ] public statement [ or for the public record and a position citing that they do have some serious and possibly genuine concerns and reservations wearing the jersey emblem or theme reference . and wearing the jersey does not reflect their own views in particular but for their team mates and club "s sake and interests are still prepared to play . maybe a bit simplistic but surely something is worth trying , still respecting the beliefs or whatever of the respective players but putting their club and team mates first again . just should not have come to this , must be some middle and sensible ground somewhere with out derailing the and their season . .

If that is true Isz, you need to get out more often.

I used to write letters to the SMH and go through my letter box in the week following getting hate mail. Two posters here in my view have been clearly homophobic. Two or three others on the other side of the debate have been racist to Polynesian people in my opinion. The rest has been decent, willing and genereally respectful. As a society we need to be able to disagree in an agreeable way. I probably don't understand the opposite view to mine as best as I should. I'm trying to read and listen better. I hope tomorrow brings a good resolution to the problem.
That is more directed at the players than on here. I will say it for the last time - I can not believe in the year 2022 that something like this is an issue

Ok, at the end of the day, does this pass the pub test?

If you said at the pub that almost 50% of a starting nrl side refused to play when their team is fighting for survival due to the implications of them wearing rainbows on their shirt....what is the response you'd think to get? Lol

Came onto this post quite late and when i first noticed it , just thought that it was some type of a prank post . How did or could it come to this debacle type situation now . Poor management and consultation but must be some way of resolving it . Can't the players with the objections just be encouraged or urged to make some type of a joint or collective [ inclusive ] public statement [ or for the public record and a position citing that they do have some serious and possibly genuine concerns and reservations wearing the jersey emblem or theme reference . and wearing the jersey does not reflect their own views in particular but for their team mates and club "s sake and interests are still prepared to play . maybe a bit simplistic but surely something is worth trying , still respecting the beliefs or whatever of the respective players but putting their club and team mates first again . just should not have come to this , must be some middle and sensible ground somewhere with out derailing the and their season . .
That's a pretty good suggestion, Al. I hope management read that. I fear it wouldn't be enough for the media, they're already shrieking now, by tomorrow it will be deafening.

Still astounds me that they are happy to play alongside domestic violence abusers, but can't play in a jersey with a rainbow on it, during a game for mental health, which is a huge issue in the gay community. 😔
Mental health is a huge issue for many(stating the obvious) which i'm happy to support as long at it is not referred to as "Mental Illness".

I am a proud gay man and have loved Manly since I was a kid.

The initiative from the club is a good one, not consulting the playing group is another example of the dysfunction at the head of the club.

We have a season defining game where focus and attention is vital now sidetracked by the players who choose not to play.

We need to be together as a club and respectful of peoples rights and beliefs.

Every year St Kilda and the Sydney swans wear a pride jersey and it's a well respected event. Im disappointed that what should be a positive message is now soured and tainted.

Growing up on the northern beaches in the 80s, I got a taste of feeling excluded as being gay at the time was against the public narrative.

Fortunately we live in a more tolerant world and one of our greatest players , Ian Roberts explains in his book how tough life was back then for a gay kid.

The 7 players who allegedly have decided not to participate in this game due to wearing a jersey to support this initiative, it might be a suggestion to read his book.

Oh well it's a shame that our club again deals with this and splits the playing group at a time when they need to pull together!!

Whatever happens I love this club and the guys who pull on the maroon and white regardless of their skin colour, race, religion or sexuality!

Aren't we all Sea Eagles?

GO MANLY!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10