Politis sook - take your toys with ya !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
For years there have been plenty of favours to the Roosters and let me add - the ability to sign ANY player with great accounting the reason....of course.
But let's be honest - they have had an Amazing run and have a superstar team...in fact still the yardstick in 2020.
Politis is dirty they start the 3rd round still on 0 points and play Souths and Broncos next 2 games....but as a Manly supporter we have had multiple double standards against including - the replacement rule for season injured players others were allowed, salary cap situations that were borderline in comparison, salary cap monitored like a Hawk as opposed to the blind eye, odd short turnarounds, stand down rule applied where others have been allowed to play.....and MUUUUUCH more.
But as a club Manly pretty much just aim up and get on with it, often using the US vs THEM mentality which I personally like and a believer in (Getting on with it).
The game has been under enough tough times and this Politis is the type of bloke who needs to take his toys and pram else where, its an embarrassment this bloke feels the Roosters are getting it tough with draws and in fact, he wanted to start the season again as the Roosters had lost their first 2 games...they have had a Golden run in recent years, so when things get a little tough - aim up like the rest of the competition.
It's like teaching your kids they are privileged more than the next and sets the arrogance for this Roosters club in general...poor form.
If he was in the Manly shoes for the 2013 GF, he could rightfully be still blowing up, this bloke should exchange his expensive ties for bibs ASAP...

I agree, Maxta, that he is the last person entitled to have a sook, but he makes two points I agree with (if I can focus on the message rather than the messenger).

The first one is the fairness or unfairness of the draw. There are some teams that, on paper, have a clearly harder draw than others. If I was a fan of these clubs, I would be pissed. I am surprised that the basis for the draw formulation is not public as it gives rise to a perception of manipulation. I guess while ever there is 16 teams and teams do not play each other twice, this issue will always be there. So carry on...

The second thing I agree with him on is the competition points. I said it in another thread that I think the '6 again' rule is a fundamental rule change and that it is amateurish for a professional league to introduce a fundamental rule change once the competition has started. It's not as if this rule is critical - e.g., a banning of the shoulder charge to address a duty of care to protect players; it's sole purpose is to enhance the 'product'. It's a change to be implemented following completion of the current competition.

Anyway, it is what it is and I'm not hung up on it. Us fans are just keen to have the footy back...

Every season , SOME clubs face the start of the season disadvantaged, either by cap penalties, the draw, player punishment, lengthy suspensions. Many of which seem accepted elsewhere

Its nice its getting some air time.

Id like to know the last time every team started the season on equal points, no salary cap penalties , reducing squads so that every fan had the same hope. You know competition

For years there have been plenty of favours to the Roosters and let me add - the ability to sign ANY player with great accounting the reason....of course.
But let's be honest - they have had an Amazing run and have a superstar team...in fact still the yardstick in 2020.
Politis is dirty they start the 3rd round still on 0 points and play Souths and Broncos next 2 games....but as a Manly supporter we have had multiple double standards against including - the replacement rule for season injured players others were allowed, salary cap situations that were borderline in comparison, salary cap monitored like a Hawk as opposed to the blind eye, odd short turnarounds, stand down rule applied where others have been allowed to play.....and MUUUUUCH more.
But as a club Manly pretty much just aim up and get on with it, often using the US vs THEM mentality which I personally like and a believer in (Getting on with it).
The game has been under enough tough times and this Politis is the type of bloke who needs to take his toys and pram else where, its an embarrassment this bloke feels the Roosters are getting it tough with draws and in fact, he wanted to start the season again as the Roosters had lost their first 2 games...they have had a Golden run in recent years, so when things get a little tough - aim up like the rest of the competition.
It's like teaching your kids they are privileged more than the next and sets the arrogance for this Roosters club in general...poor form.
If he was in the Manly shoes for the 2013 GF, he could rightfully be still blowing up, this bloke should exchange his expensive ties for bibs ASAP...
You have to remember that beneath the smooth, shiny veneer of success the Roosters have enjoyed recently, courtesy of corralling big end of town friends and influencers, their DNA since the War at least has been one of failure - wooden spoons galore and generally uncompetitive also rans.

One season (1966), their firsts didn’t win a game.

In short, (like a mud flap) they are shiny on top, sh-t underneath.

Last edited:
I am SO impressed with PVL, and not just his ability to get the comp back.

He has ( obviously not openly ) said to the club chairman/ CEO’s “ I’m the boss and I’m not taking ANY **** from you lot so get used to it”.

Now that’s conjecture of course but it wouldn’t be far from the mark.

Very VERY lucky to have this guy on board he absolutely ****s over anyone we’ve had since the NRL era started in the late 90’s.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6