Polish and 1 gripe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Firstly, see what happens when we get a bit of polish and crispness at half back. We had bugger all terrirtory and not much possession but Orford bagged every chance we got - the vision to put that kick through for Hicks was a masterstroke. Fairly obvious he was playing on one leg - I question why we risked him to be honest. Maybe Des knew it would be a tough one and concentric circles wouldn't get us home.

Anyway, there it is boys, polish, polish, polish......

As for the gripe. Well we all knew it would happen and that it was inevitable, but jeez it's going to be hard to watch Monaghan starting in the number 9 when a player of double his ability will languish on the reserves bench...............

And then after he sticks the knife in, he twists it. All that after yet another win.
Give it up Zimbot.

Good to see Orford back...was good in defence. No brainer we need him there and agree he and Hicks's play was class, bit i thought the attack was the same 'ole, same 'ole. Hopefully his injury is nearly back to 100% so the backline plays will improve over time.

we managed to hide orford well in defence only 7 tackles from memory, monas, burns and ballin clocking up 20+ each did thier job there as well as the backrow

polish? what game were you watching. Even i think Bailey at the interview on fox said it was 'boring to watch' or it may even have been Kite.

I didnt think we controlled the game at all.. (not playing Orford) but it was far from our best performance thats for sure.

Before i even read the post i knew what it was going to be about...

Polish? Lol...

Quote from another thread : "Can one be any more transparent? "

The transparency is polishing your own self inflated ego.

Mata - IMO Monaghan adds 10X the value you say he does mate:-

+ Long Kicking game
+ Defence 1st class
+ Diversity in position
+ ability to create improving

The score today has been pretty similar to the scores in the past four games WITHOUT Orford mate.

I don't know if you see the whole telecast etc, but it's often Monnas at the huddle at the start of the game revving the lads up - so leadership is his great skill as well.

I'd go with:-

06. Monaghan
07. Orford
09. Ballin
12. Matai
14. Burns
17. Williamson

It's hard to fit everyone in, Monaghan has been playing well but I don't think he is the #1 player in any position within the club, 5/8 is his best chance but Des won't move him from hooker.

Mata - IMO Monaghan adds 10X the value you say he does mate:-

+ Long Kicking game
+ Defence 1st class
+ Diversity in position
+ ability to create improving

The score today has been pretty similar to the scores in the past four games WITHOUT Orford mate.

I don't know if you see the whole telecast etc, but it's often Monnas at the huddle at the start of the game revving the lads up - so leadership is his great skill as well.

I'd go with:-

06. Monaghan
07. Orford
09. Ballin
12. Matai
14. Burns
17. Williamson

So who did you drop from the assumed full strength back row? Menzies, Stewart or Watmough?

That said, if he's back, unfortunately for Willow, my bench might be:-

14. Burns
15. Rose
16. Hall
17. Matai

I have to agree on one thing that Mata says and that is, even on one leg, Ox offered more than we have been getting.

Also, even though he came on after every one else had already put in 50 minutes it is clear that Ballin is a class act and doesn't detract or let the side down.

But I can't cop the anti-Monas sentiment. Our two biggest negatives last year (Monas & King) have both been outstanding. In fact, after 6 wins straight and being top of the table 5 weeks out of 6, I am not willing to bag anyone! It is bloody obvious that we have a great TEAM and they play as one. We can all see that our centres are quiet in attack but I don't care.

What odds that we go through the season undefeated? I'll put something on that!

Well Stu - too many after game Sherbets!!!! Undefeated. Enjoying it but I still have a brain.

King and Monas are doing the job but Orford's little touches today were superb. Two more try assists and a few nice touches were good, though the kicking down Preston's throat all day annoyed me.

Monas defended well though I still think Ballin is a smoother dummy half.

On a separate, though related note, Burns missed some very crucial tackles, including the one that led to their only try.

Perhaps Burns should be in the gun sights.

One thing for sure, Ballin is not 4th in that list and needs to be starting.

Although there was nothing in it If Burns cops a week for his lifting tackle it might give us a great opportunity to see how Mona's performs at 5/8 with a settled in Orford

Our "problem" is we have too many good players..........which is obviously too much to bear for our Matabele.

So Ryan I notice you finally came out of the closet in support of Monas.............well done ;)

Next year will be more interesting , at the aftergame conversation sounded like Burns was going, the team would look like Monas at 5/8, Orford at 7, Ballin at 9.
Haldin was bemused that no one has spoken to him abut next year as well, his managers back from overseas in 2 weeks and was leavng it to him to find him a home for next season.

Mata, we would have beaten the Tits with our without Orford. I was surprised that their attack was so pedestrian when they came at us in our danger zone. What worried me was given that, why or how did they camp for so long in our 30 metre zone? What is getting us home week after week is the terrific defense. where we hold our line and tackle with purpose. Is defense enough to get us through to the holy grail? The game against the storm might tell me that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4