Point your finger at the board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The criteria established for an ongoing license with the NRL. It looked at finances, facilities, home ground and crowds etc, a very comprehensive and objective measure.

The club now bears little resemblance to the club in 1998. However all this is beside the point. The private ownership structure has been changing the whole way through, it remains a work in progress, and it needs more work now.

Matabele, you are such a bottom feeder. 1998. Wasn't Souths kicked out under that criteria? Get a grip. I thought my discussion with you was about our training facilities. We will get kicked out of the comp based on our poor ground. That's a pretty intractable problem that the board can't really be held to account on. Des certainly didn't help with his petulant rubbish at an open meeting to discuss the poor old girl. At least the current board are talking to influential persons and putting up some reasonable propositions regarding Brookvale.

Matabele said:
Herein lies the voice of reason (reference my new signature). A concerted campaign of interference has been run to sheet home the blame for the current mess to Des. There is not a scrap of evidence that he signed ages ago, and it is on record that we matched or bettered the Bulldogs bid.

Todd Greenberg admitted the deal was done on the Friday BEFORE the Grand Final, right in the Manly heartland over a coffee.

It seems our bigger offer came over that weekend. Des was already signed. He went for the bigger bucks.

Also, we have to ask ourselves..if Des said he can't sign again because of certain people on the board, why did he activate the option in his favour to sign for 2012? The same board members were there when he did this. Surely he wouldn't have done that if he can't work with them?

The only thing that changed towards the grand final was the sacking of Zorba. It seems Des has put him above the club, the fans, members and sponsors...while taking the money of course!

I'm hoping we find a very good assistant to help Tooves. He will be learning and hopes an experienced assistant is signed. I hope so too.

Matabele said:
The criteria established for an ongoing license with the NRL. It looked at finances, facilities, home ground and crowds etc, a very comprehensive and objective measure.

Manly came 11th in the Criteria standings.

It looked at just five catagories; Crowds, Gate Receipts, Competition Points, Profitability and Sponsors/Other Income.

There was nothing objective about that Criteria. It was weighted specifically for the SL clubs with many of them able to use various News Ltd funds under Sponsorship and Income, boosting their actual turnover figures.

Look at what happened when News pulled the plug for finances for Penrith (12th), Cronulla (5th), Canberra (9th) and North Qld (8th) to see how shaky they really were in 1998. Even New Zealand struggled and almost folded within five years of being assessed as one of the highest Income/Sponsor generators in the NRL.

Manly are in far better shape training facilities-wise than the majority of clubs in the League.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Long time no view HH, welcome aboard (again?)

Been lurking but uninterested in much of the banter here. Haven't bothered with a Manly forum since the club official forum went claws up. Recent days worth of rediculous statements and over-reactions has prompted me to hit the 'Post Reply' button a few times tonight.

Thanks for the welcome back to the fold. Time will tell how long I bother posting.

Hamster Huey said:
Matabele said:

It looked at just five catagories; Crowds, Gate Receipts, Competition Points, Profitability and Sponsors/Other Income.

There was nothing objective about that Criteria. It was weighted specifically for the SL clubs with many of them able to use various News Ltd funds under Sponsorship and Income, boosting their actual turnover figures.

Look at what happened when News pulled the plug for finances for Penrith (12th), Cronulla (5th), Canberra (9th) and North Qld (8th) to see how shaky they really were in 1998. Even New Zealand struggled and almost folded within five years of being assessed as one of the highest Income/Sponsor generators in the NRL.

Manly are in far better shape training facilities-wise than the majority of clubs in the League.

I'm talking about applying criteria to the now. For instance look at the training facilities the bunnies, dogs and Titans have moved into since we went to Narabeen.

Matabele said:
Hamster Huey said:
Matabele said:

I'm talking about applying criteria to the now. For instance look at the training facilities the bunnies, dogs and Titans have moved into since we went to Narabeen.

The Criteria never looked at grounds/facilities from a player perspective. It was about the playing grounds indirect affect on crowd/corporate elements.

If the same Criteria was applied now (without the weighting), Manly would still easily rate in the top 8.

I fail to share your sense of our club being left behind in the player facilities factors, when compared across the entire NRL.

Hamster Huey said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Long time no view HH, welcome aboard (again?)

Been lurking but uninterested in much of the banter here. Haven't bothered with a Manly forum since the club official forum went claws up. Recent days worth of rediculous statements and over-reactions has prompted me to hit the 'Post Reply' button a few times tonight.

Thanks for the welcome back to the fold. Time will tell how long I bother posting.

I heard you were too busy carving up on the touch field, but I know thats not really true.

Ceagle said:
Most people seem to be putting the full blame on Des for the fallout of staff leaving, but we have to point blame towards the dysfunctional board, they have obviously upset the apple cart enough for all these staff to be leaving. We can't just ignore what is going, we need to point blame towards the board and have them oust before any more damage is done.

Get rid of Reily or have URM buy the shares.

Your post suggests that you don’t perhaps have a full understanding of who is on the board of the Sea Eagles so just in case see here -

http://www.silvertails.net/supporters/48-mw-football-club/5371-membership-information

The board is made up of representatives of the owners of the Sea Eagles being the Penn's, Quantum, The Manly Leagues Club and the Football Club – FACT

No one person can determine the direction of the club or have any influence on contracts or pay and conditions of players, admin, officials or coaching staff - FACT

A post saying oust the board effectively means that you are asking for the owners to have no say in the running of their business – Not going to happen mate - FACT

Bob Reilly does not own any shares – FACT

Shares are owned by the Football Club and Leagues Club (which are both owned by the members ie you and me and other supporters) – FACT

As such he represents the interests of those entities as Chairman and is accountable to the boards and members of each (which Quantum and Penn Health are not) – FACT

The patrons of the Football Club are Arko and Kerry Sibraa – The direction of the Football Club and the actions of its board members are ultimately overseen by these guys.

They are kept very well informed and have an active involvement in day to day matters so take from that what you will?

Bob Reilly has been appointed unopposed as chairman of the Football Club for 2012 & 2013

If he is the problem as suggested why was this allowed to happen?

Why has there not been mass revolt by the members?

There wasn’t even a ballot needed to elect the board as the existing members were elected unopposed and have been joined by Zorba and Rory Muscat (who replaced Cliffy and Damien Smith who elected not to stand for another term.)

Might this suggest that those who have taken the time to get some facts, speak to the FC board members and be pro-active in finding out what has really been going on (rather than base their decision on Dean Ritchie et al) are comfortable that the FC are acting in the best interest of the club and members?

Might it be that these people trust people like me and Jonesy and our board colleagues to look after their interests and do the right thing?

To avoid any confusion - board positions on the FC are held by elected volunteers ie unpaid positions - they are held by people who are passionate about the club and want to do the best for it and the members - Not crazy people with political agendas to destroy the club.

Much as it works to paint Reilly as the “bad guy” – the fact is that he is the only person in this whole saga that is accountable to members’

If you have an issue (and you are a Football Club or Leagues Club member) you would be better served to ask the questions directly to your board members and the get the facts rather than speculate and rely on tabloid journos with an agenda?

There is an AGM on Thursday 15th December and I would encourage all members to attend.

I'm accountable to those who know me, who I stand with on the Hill, who see me at the Leagues Club before and after games, who I travel with on the supporters bus or gather with on MWTS tours.

I am very comfortable that the FC are acting in the best interest of the club and the members.

Fact-- Every stable club has a stable board . The faceless clowns on the board have to go !!!!!

BOZO said:
Fact-- Every stable club has a stable board . The faceless clowns on the board have to go !!!!!

Did you actually read the first part of my post?

Which board needs to go?

Where and to be replaced by whom?

Where will the new owner(s) come from and how much will they put in to the venture?

Why would the existing owners sell and at what price?

Will there be one or several owners? - if several what would be the make up of the voting rights?

Are you happy to allow the club to be run by private owners with no accountability to members on such aspects as the preference vote?

Come on Bozo, If you are not happy with things I understand that but a "The board must go"? post contributes nothing and shows a lack of understanding of the situation.

I posted with best intentions to hopefully give an insight as how the system works and to update on some aspects - seems it was lost on you unfortunately.

vidmar said:
BOZO said:

Did you actually read the first part of my post?

Which board needs to go?

Where and to be replaced by whom?

Where will the new owner(s) come from and how much will they put in to the venture?

Why would the existing owners sell and at what price?

Will there be one or several owners? - if several what would be the make up of the voting rights?

Are you happy to allow the club to be run by private owners with no accountability to members on such aspects as the preference vote?

Come on Bozo, If you are not happy with things I understand that but a "The board must go"? post contributes nothing and shows a lack of understanding of the situation.

I posted with best intentions to hopefully give an insight as how the system works and to update on some aspects - seems it was lost on you unfortunately.
Vidmar my feathered friend i didnt say the board must go i said the faceless clowns on our board that are distabilising our club must go .

Last time i checked, everyone on all the boards had faces. I can't be certain as i haven't seen everyone of them face to face with my own eyes since the awards night but im 99.9% sure they still have their faces.

DSM5 said:
'Bozo', a faceless clown.
I am not on the board .I am only a football club memeber featherd friend and its quite obvious our club is a circus at the moment because of the fact we do have clowns making decisions.
I am not faceless and i am happy to meet up with you if you like !!!

What's with the underlining Bozo?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6