Plenty to like!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Highlight for me was that instead of conceding a try in the last few minutes before half-time, we scored one. Then we scored again after half-time. Was nice not to be on the opposite end of the **** stick for a change.

like others have said dogs were not first grade standard last night and we only beat them by 12 but last night I saw for the first time in a long long time a bit of hunger in defence in that second half.

that was still way off what we need to compete with most sides but for me a step in the right direction.

Our young brigade will be better for the run next year.

i got to see the boys win live, I can enjoy watching the nrl now for the rest of the weekend and back to brookvale one more time next weekend, turbo back playing Hopefully.

think Titans and warriors are winnable games but not expecting too much.

Last edited:
I hope Des gives these kids some thought come next season he probably just pick a team of Tom, Jorge, Parker, Suli, Saab, Walker, Dce, Jake, siro , Jack G, Marty, Levi, afb bench Paseka, keppie, Croker, Hamuole.

I love to see
Tom, Hoppa, Walker, Suli, Harper, schuster, Dce, Jake, siro, Hamuole, Marty, Levi, Afb.
Bench
Paseka, Cust, Keppie, Jack G.
Jorge won’t be back for a while. I know they said six months, but an Achilles is a horrible injury. Six months might see him able to run but not first grade ready. Not to mention it will take another six months before he is back to what he was. It will hinder his pace and ability to jump, both things he wasn’t great at to begin with. I’d be stunned if he plays for us again to be honest.

Jorge won’t be back for a while. I know they said six months, but an Achilles is a horrible injury. Six months might see him able to run but not first grade ready. Not to mention it will take another six months before he is back to what he was. It will hinder his pace and ability to jump, both things he wasn’t great at to begin with. I’d be stunned if he plays for us again to be honest.
Yeah look great clubman back in 12 to 15 was a dynamic winger, injuries have got him the Acl in 17 really slowed him down. There whole lot of talented outside backs who putting there hands up Funa, Harper and Hoppa who game last night was large improvement on his first 2 plus Saab coming so he going to struggle once he fit to get in mix. This will aleast stop Des thinking the tried and tested safe option is always the best.

Agree. 6 months to be back to be back running. Jorge was already slow and falling behind the rest and now he will miss the whole off season which will unfortunately see him fall further behind. At least this injury gives Des an excuse to leave him out next year and Jorge will have to finish his career at Blacktown (if he even plays)

And 9 of our first graders missing!!!!
I think that statement needs clarification. IMO it should read "And nine of the side picked for our first match in 2020'.
If I was picking a side today from our roster it wouldn't include: Tafua, Suli, Walker, Thommo or Elliot. I think we have found better players due to them being out injured. Yes, I know, a lot of Manly fans like Walker and Suli, while Thommo is a real trier, but in their place we've unearthed:
Tyfuna, Harper, Hoppa Jnr, The Shoe and Guaca, all of whom are our future, not our past.

Yeah look great clubman back in 12 to 15 was a dynamic winger, injuries have got him the Acl in 17 really slowed him down. There whole lot of talented outside backs who putting there hands up Funa, Harper and Hoppa who game last night was large improvement on his first 2 plus Saab coming so he going to struggle once he fit to get in mix. This will aleast stop Des thinking the tried and tested safe option is always the best.
Yeah, Jorge has been a very good clubman as you said. It is really a tough break for him and I fear it will be a very tough recovery for him. I wish him all the best with it.

Positives:

1. Great to see a will to win
2. Harper
3. Funa (in attack)
4. Hoppa
5. Confirmation of Reuben leaving
6. “D” on the left side
7. PASEKA
8. DCE

I know it’s only the bulldogs but their are good foundatiions for next year.

Manly need to sign a tall winger or two.

NYEagle

What I liked was Harper he looks the goods and very deceptive

At least some improvement in defence on the left

Seeing Turbo and walker with the ball and in t he clear down the sideline....even if they were ballboys

What I liked was Harper he looks the goods and very deceptive

At least some improvement in defence on the left

Seeing Turbo and walker with the ball and in t he clear down the sideline....even if they were ballboys
I think the defence on the right looked better too. Harper ran up and got caught our a couple times but he and Hoppa seem to go up and slide together well. Hoppa has had a huge improvement already in his ability to read in defence

Positives:

1. Great to see a will to win
2. Harper
3. Funa (in attack)
4. Hoppa
5. Confirmation of Reuben leaving
6. “D” on the left side
7. PASEKA
8. DCE

I know it’s only the bulldogs but their are good foundatiions for next year.

Manly need to sign a tall winger or two.

NYEagle
Hoppa was for me most encouraging performance

I think the defence on the right looked better too. Harper ran up and got caught our a couple times but he and Hoppa seem to go up and slide together well. Hoppa has had a huge improvement already in his ability to read in defence
A few times Hoppa missed but Harper covered enough for Hoppa to have a second dig. They worked a lot better together can only improve.

Be interesting though how it would have been with a faster opposite 2 than the dogs. South's caught us bad as did riff on that side and the dogs tried last night but didn't have the legs.

A few times Hoppa missed but Harper covered enough for Hoppa to have a second dig. They worked a lot better together can only improve.

Be interesting though how it would have been with a faster opposite 2 than the dogs. South's caught us bad as did riff on that side and the dogs tried last night but didn't have the legs.
But both players will only improve from the experiences they are getting, with time both be a hell of a lot better than they are now as you said and I agree with.

But both players will only improve from the experiences they are getting, with time both be a hell of a lot better than they are now as you said and I agree with.
Im interested to know, since you were at the game for a few matches, did you notice any increased talk between Hoppa and Harper in line than say Garrick and Suli or that they seemed more comradeship between the winger and Center ?

Im interested to know, since you were at the game for a few matches, did you notice any increased talk between Hoppa and Harper in line than say Garrick and Suli or that they seemed more comradeship between the winger and Center ?
More comradeship and talk..I think Garrick and suli just did not have the trust with each other, Harper and hoppa more I say at similar stages of career and maybe have a bit more trust with each other.

Nothing really of note changed live just feel all the boys had a bit more of a dig and wanted to prove they could win without tommy.

Tommy back next week is a big in if he plays we have forgotten what he can do for this side.

I can't believe there is some fighting about this? Quite frankly, just weird .....FFS we won? I don't think the OP was trying to say we were playing in a GF or that it was a top of the table clash. We all know that it was against the SHXT dogs and no one here would say that game will go down as one of greatest wins but we can only beat who we are scheduled to play and after 6 losses it felt much better than the alternative.

My highlight? I bet every single one of you got out of your chair, spilt a bit of beer, made the dog bark and cheered your ****en arses off when that young bloke Harper scored. In a generally arse **** **** year for so many things .... small wins and small good things matter. #don'tbeabuzzkill.

GO MANLY. Let's do it again next week.

I can't believe there is some fighting about this? Quite frankly, just weird .....FFS we won? I don't think the OP was trying to say we were playing in a GF or that it was a top of the table clash. We all know that it was against the SHXT dogs and no one here would say that game will go down as one of greatest wins but we can only beat who we are scheduled to play and after 6 losses it felt much better than the alternative.

My highlight? I bet every single one of you got out of your chair, spilt a bit of beer, made the dog bark and cheered your *en arses off when that young bloke Harper scored. In a generally arse * **** year for so many things .... small wins and small good things matter. #don'tbeabuzzkill.

GO MANLY. Let's do it again next week.
But you had the Lube Mobile van ready to go in the game thread...

But you had the Lube Mobile van ready to go in the game thread...
Yep, I'm just trying to laugh in a **** year and had low expectations for last night which is why I had the lube mobile at the ready. I actually wasn't confident we'd win but even if it was against the Bulldogs I'm happy we did......

Yuh....not sure if we needed to know about your need to lube up body parts’ various, based on the results of a football game.

A medical retirement.... cough cough ( as if the NRL will give us one of those ).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4