Please Retire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we are rebuilding, start with this nucleus:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Dylan Walker
04. XXXXXXXXX
05. Matthew Wright
06. Luke Keary
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. XXXXXXXXXX
11. Marty Taupau
12. XXXXXXXXXX
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Addin Fanua-Blake
17. XXXXXXXXXXX

That means, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Brayden Wiliame, Nate Myles, Sio Vave, Feleti Mateo, Jamie Lyon, Tom Symonds are all dropped or gone - hopefully that means we could acquire a solid 4, 10, 12 & 17.

I'd maybe open up that 17th spot for Myles if we can't lose him somehow, or a junior like Knight.

Not sure how you rid yourself of Nate Myles. Maybe a Watmough-esque retirement payout. You need mobile, diverse, aggressive forwards.

Myles will still be here unfortunately but I think his defence has been very good this year he was particularly impressive against Brisbane, but he has no impact with his attack or Offloading. We are going to need some old heads for the next 2 years, Myles will be needed.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.???????
5.???????
6.???????
7.Cherry-Evans
8.???????
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.???????
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

That's a good start now we just need players to replace the retirees. For centre we should look at young and speedy guys. If we could somehow get holland that would be nice but I reckon we will end up with Bowen. He can't get a start at cows in the future and would come cheaply. Other winger, we need someone who is reliable under the high ball. Mansour is the go. He will give us plenty of meters. But I suspect wright will be getting this spot, he isn't a bad winger he is very reliable and never drops a bomb but we need some more speed. 5/8, the big one, the essential but if we have any hope of finals football next year. Best option here is to go out and recruit. Keary I would consider if he was cheaper. Green would be the best fit but is a little old, Norman is in career best form but we may not be able to buy all the other essentials like centre if we buy him. He is asking for 1mil i here now so I think we will pass. Koroisau has proven he can play 5/8 and is a good organiser. He will compliment DCE Nicley wether Barret wants him to play in the halves us anyone's guess. IMO he is our best option at present or if we could sign Mitchell Moses I would be cheering, he is the best option if we go to the market and should first choice.
Prop position up for grabs will come down to the club. Knight and Meehan will battle it out for this spot, but Jake must stay at lock he has been exceptional this year there. But if we consider Tamou and real option throw the bank at him. Second row. This will come from the club I suspect in the shape of a mobile backrower- providing Buhrer has an injury free run he should get the nod. He is such a good player but injuries have hurt him bad. If we plan the open market then Tariq sims, Ethan Lowe are the options. I would like to see Lowe get this spot he is such a good player and can run great holes DCE needs a right hand man. and my bench is the same as this years. It's been a strong point for us. Lawrence has got a new contract IMO

What have you been smoking fool? Tom is overrated? Let's take you back to the one handed pick up against Brisbane last year. That was is one little piece of what this guy can do.

To be fair mate, @Cameron has been around long enough to make a pretty astute hypothesis on footy topics.

Tom was touted as the next big thing coming through, but natural talent alone won't get him there.

He needs to work bloody hard. He is an amazing talent, but he's no Milford or Inglis - and that's what people were implying like Joey Johns.

He's been overrated by some, simple as that. That's not saying he's not absolutely amazing. Cam is spot on.

all this naming of Keary as 5/8 ... have I missed something? have we signed him? personally I hope not ... there are others I'd like to see but what I'd really like to see first, before the seasons ended, is DCE tried at 5/8 and Api at 1/2 TT & Walker in the centres and T Wright at fullback M Wright on one wing and eventually someone like David Mead on the other wing

To be fair mate, @Cameron has been around long enough to make a pretty astute hypothesis on footy topics.

Tom was touted as the next big thing coming through, but natural talent alone won't get him there.

He needs to work bloody hard. He is an amazing talent, but he's no Milford or Inglis - and that's what people were implying like Joey Johns.

He's been overrated by some, simple as that. That's not saying he's not absolutely amazing. Cam is spot on.
Tom is young, remember tedesco 2 or 3 years ago? Flashes of brilliance but a kid. Now he is consistently great. It will be a similar journey for Tom, without the injuries I hope.

Tom is young, remember tedesco 2 or 3 years ago? Flashes of brilliance but a kid. Now he is consistently great. It will be a similar journey for Tom, without the injuries I hope.

No doubts. He's an awesome talent. We are very lucky to have him.

I think this talk about Tom T being over rated is too much based on performances this year that have been seemingly limited by an ongoing injury. It is quite noticeable that he is not running anywhere near as freely as he was last year.

Talk about Milford and Inglis, fails to see these players at the same stage as Tom T is at present. Inglis was good as a 19 year old but nothing like the fine player he became. Milford has only been outstanding this season and late last season. At one stage he was not considered likely to reach the high standards he now is reaching and had many perceived flaws. Just remember Tom is 19 Milford is 21 and Inglis is 29. Judge them on their stage of development, not on what they have achieved as of now. Judge Tom when he is 21. That would be a fairer comparison

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6