Please Retire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Brett Stewart
Steve Matai
Jamie Lyon

The top 2 are injured more than they play and the bottom one is going that badly he got stood up by Sam Thaiday. The constant disruption to the backline is killing us. Thats over a million dollars of cap space that could be used elsewhere.

There i said it.

I know it's painful and very hard to say but you did it well done ,
And I agree maybe hang on to matai
To keep some stability , if he can stay injury free,
By the way they won't fulfill your request, although they should, Lyon
Is playing like a slow ol man,

Killer has already announced that he is retiring at the end of the year. I personally think that its best that he and Dylan Walker swap positions.

Skivy has been playing ok and its only been niggling injuries that has seen him miss 2 games.

Snake.....he's contracted until the end of 2017 but depending on Tom's progress, I think this will be his last season in a Manly jumper. I don't think he'll retire unless his injuries just make it too hard to carry on, but I do think he's going to end up playing 2017 at Catalans alongside Gifty before they both call it quits.

We can't expect these blokes to get us in the top 8 next year, snake and Lyon have somehow lost all their skill and speed and Skivvi is just injured all the time. It's time for them to move on so manly can come back to a consistent footy side. I've never felt more like this team we are putting on the paddock is not manly. We are all expecting injuries every round now it's really disappointing. We are going worse than last year not on the ladder but we have just lost all culture and drive to play like manly. I want to rebuild this side the quicker the better bring in some good quick outside backs to replace these guys. Move Tom to fullback walker to centre. Use their salaries to spend big money on some quick and quality outside backs and a 5/8.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.O'Niell
5.Mansour
6.?
7.Cherry-Evans

my maths must be failing me. Matai has played 8 games and missed 2 but he is missing more than he plays. I would swear 8 is greater than 2.

Maybe he was talking about missing tackles? Jamie Lyon lost interest when he announced his retirement.

I know its cricket but lillie , Chappell and marsh all retired at the top of their game , aussie cricket was in turmoil but we bounced back to number 1 status. Lyon , stewart and Matai are not at the top of their game and all must be gone at seasons end . We have a centre in walker, so we need a 4 , 6 and 2 and thats just the backs . Jake is a ball playing lock and thats we're he needs to stay , so we need another prop and backrower . Kapow needs to come off the bench as impact , i just dont see him as an 80 minute player . He gets a little lazy and penalties creep in . Myles needs to take charge as the experienced statesman and step up or step out , i know we signed him as a bargaining chip for dce , but the 3 year contract was way over the top.

In my honest opinion is that the senior players should have put their hand up and moved on in 2015, in order for Manly to retain our backline and keep the culture alive ! Dean Whare, Peta Hiku, Gutherson.

They senior group had allot of success, they should have taken the $$$ on offer from other clubs and let the Manly culture continue as Toovey and staff had planned ! Back-line of Dean Whare, Hiku, Gutherson, Turbo, Tafua, would have been potent and would have the culture !

After our semi-final loss to the Dogs 2014 ( stuff of champions ) The senior group should have retired or moved on at the same time as Jason King, Kitey ! It would have taken a very unselfish act ! But they would of put the club before themselves. 4 Gf and 2 Premierships is a huge achievement ! Put your hand up and move on and let the next generation build the culture !

Walker needs to go to centre and we need to sign a good winger that picks up metres from inside our 20 receiving. I dont think we need to waste money on a centre to replace steve matai. Jesse ramien can just go there. We should use the spare money on keeping our youngstars like Liam Knight on 3 year deals as well as fonua blake. Also Ramien, nicho hynes, bainbridge etc

How many has Tommy T missed?
Good point and he's just a kid. He's missing as much as our old fellas.
Jorge Tafua is frequently injured - young.
Poor Jamie Burher can't take a trick.
Remember only last year Snake was supreme. If he can get on the field healthy the team is better off. Thurston is two years older than Snake though admittedly he hasn't has the injuries or lost speed.
Matai is still a beast even though he's held together with tape.
Lyon is retiring at season's end and his leadership is still vital to us this year as well as his improved goal kicking.
DCE is copping a heap of flak but the poor guy is running around like a chook without a head because he's trying to play both half and 5/8.
The trouble is we don't have quality back up players to stand in for the injured. Look at teams like the donkeys and cows. Their stocks are so deep and we all know why.
Our players are rushed back before they're healed and this continues to aggravate the injuries.
We're a in a deep hole. The coach and team can do better and need to do better but our schedule this year has screwed us royally.
Greenslime written all over it.

This is quite the conundrum...

It's so hard to win competitions these days and you need everything to fall into place...one thing that has to fall into place is the age of veterans. I remember thinking when we lost the 2013 GF that our premiership window may now be closed because our champions would be another year older and another year slower. The fact that we got there by the skin of our teeth told me that it probably wouldn't happen again the following year.

Fast forward two years and we are well and truly in a rebuilding phase. We need players like Killer, Matai and Snake to show the next generation what it means to be Manly, how to train, how to be professional, and what to do at different stages of the contest. This cannot be understated.

Yes, it would be nice to have everything now but patience is the key. Our bubble has been burst after the hype of the off-season recruits, but it's going to take time. In the modern salary cap era it takes 2-3 years to build a quality side that ticks all the boxes. Our side in 2-3 seasons will be better for having Killer, Snake and Matai around the traps this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4