Please, let the love affair end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about there being no backers up? i thought that was a huge issue for us

Choc makes a break and only has to beat Slater,noone to back him up
Gidley with a few from dummy half,no backup again

The Eagle said:

If hayne, Snake or any other NRL fullback were playing, they would have been there.

veteran mini doesnt have the vision to see a play or two ahead

Mini had a shocker. Did Jarad play? - I won't select a player out of position said Sticky - um, bad call maestro. Gasnier did zip. Pearce not up to the grade, Gidley should never have been there off the bench. Choc and especially Glenn were outstanding. Gallen a true hero. Jennings needed to be on crutches to convince me he shouldn't have been there. So close yet some tweaks would have been the possible difference. Mata will love this....

Brookvale said:
The Eagle said:

If hayne, Snake or any other NRL fullback were playing, they would have been there.

veteran mini doesnt have the vision to see a play or two ahead

Im not going nearly as in depth as TC,he is insanely deep with that sort of **** but ffs i learnt to back up in under 10s as a ****ing prop,i backed up no matter what number was on my back (For the record,10,2,1,13,6,7,9,14 from U/10s to A Grade)

Daniel said:
Did Pearce play?

I would have thought the same thing had he not kicked the ball out on the full with the only time that I saw any involvement out of him. As I said in the game thread, I think that he is living off of the glory of his father's name to be in the team.

Technical Coach said:
In each game of the series it was the lack of size and go forward that was the issue---would not matter what set of halves you had with the pathetic go forward we had. No penetration or creativity around the ruck with the forwards struggling to reach the add line---soft forwards fullstop.

Even the defence was lacking any aggressiveness----good to see G.Stewart do his best to lift the intensity and i think Glen was instrumental in making Thurston look up before catching the ball a few times by being in his face early on.

Cameron Smith is probably the best player in the game at the moment his work out of dummy half is a pleasure to watch--- how he engages the markers and gets his forwards over the add line at ease is perfection personified.

No TC, ball security cost NSW the game. Even with a smaller pack there are 2 very telling incidents in the game that could have made the game completely different

Ben creagh gets a nice little around thye corner to mini on the fly and half space and he drops it cols

Then Bird sends morrios on a 50m run and he drops it cold

The frustration at not having any ball was much more of an issue than size

And with 4 boofheads in the side, gallen would have been a back rower, with little room for the gift and choc, who played well, especially gift. In other words, weyman, and snowden instead of. That would have made diddlys difference

Losing our dummy half early didnt help and not having experienced halves that knew to call for the ball and kick us out of trouble iddnt help much either

Mannah and galloway managed 5 runs for 28m.

Thats makes kingy's return in origin 1 look sensational

I think Ricky did a great job and should get the gig again next year. They should retain team 3 except for the 2 players who shouldn't have been there in the first place, Choc & Glen.

There should be a rule of no Manly players to be selected.

I'm just glad that the damage this season was to Thurston and not Glen or Choc.

I HATE SOO AND I INTEND TO CONTINUE TO SCREAM IT FROM THE HILLTOPS WHILST EVER THEIR IS BREATH IN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralphie said:
I think Ricky did a great job and should get the gig again next year. They should retain team 3 except for the 2 players who shouldn't have been there in the first place, Choc & Glen.

There should be a rule of no Manly players to be selected.

I'm just glad that the damage this season was to Thurston and not Glen or Choc.

I HATE SOO AND I INTEND TO CONTINUE TO SCREAM IT FROM THE HILLTOPS WHILST EVER THEIR IS BREATH IN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool story bro

For all his talk and megalomania Stuart has achieved nothing more than Bellamy, who was deemed a failure. Stuart is a media mole. He loves feeling important, and carried on with so much crap that, unfortunately, many people in NSW believed he was the new Messiah.
Look at what he did in game III:
* Picked a squad of 19 with at least two seriously injured players, who were never destined to be fit to play
* Mucked around by not naming his team which imo was against the spirit of the game
* Had an entourage of 18 coaches and officials
* Spent more in the history of SOO on the failed campaign

Stuart is far better at talking up a team than coaching one. I admit he created plenty of hype for the series. But, he failed in his paid task of winning.

Next thing you'll hear him announced as the coach of the Bulldogs, which will give us another reason to dislike Canterbury.

Truth of the game - it was basically controlled after NSW kicked early 1st set & were totally dominated by the field position & intensity of Qld for the next 35 mins. The attempted comeback was always a little faltered on the back of all the early defence that sapped so much energy. The Seaeagle boys aimed up well enough to suggest when it comes to finals time they have another level & can compete with any opposition - prob my highlight for the game - bring on Russel's Rabbits please........

Mals response to the smaller, more mobile NSW pack was the simple tactic of up and in defense. It nullified the advantage of speed & footwork around the ruck, stifling the attack.

That factor and as JBB pointed out, the lack of possession through critical errors is what killed NSW last night.

Technical Coach said:
In each game of the series it was the lack of size and go forward that was the issue---would not matter what set of halves you had with the pathetic go forward we had.

Not the core problem TC. Maybe not even a problem at all.

Possession was Qld 58% to NSW 42%
NSW made 90 more tackles - 351 to 261
Qld 171 to NSW 141 hitups
Qld 31 to NSW 24 completions

However you look at it, Qld had all the ball. Yet with all this ball they only made just over 100 more metres. 1298 to 1191 metres. That's just over 10 hitups worth. An exhausted NSW did well to not be totally blown off the park with all the ball and all the attacking talent Qld has.

Fluffy said:

Where'd you get these stats?

The NRL collects them all and then goes to the effort of making them inaccessible. NRL.com

DSM5 said:
Realistically Rex, they were blown off the park.

And that's why I put "totally".

Totally is not 10 points. Take Mini's total stuff-ups out, not to mention Pearce's, and what's the difference then?

Technical Coach said:
In each game of the series it was the lack of size and go forward that was the issue---would not matter what set of halves you had with the pathetic go forward we had. No penetration or creativity around the ruck with the forwards struggling to reach the add line---soft forwards fullstop.

Even the defence was lacking any aggressiveness----good to see G.Stewart do his best to lift the intensity and i think Glen was instrumental in making Thurston look up before catching the ball a few times by being in his face early on.

Cameron Smith is probably the best player in the game at the moment his work out of dummy half is a pleasure to watch--- how he engages the markers and gets his forwards over the add line at ease is perfection personified.
Smith won't be the best until he learns how to throw the ball BACKWARDS. Seriously how does he get away with it all the time?

Rex said:
Fluffy said:

Where'd you get these stats?

The NRL collects them all and then goes to the effort of making them inaccessible. NRL.com

DSM5 said:
Realistically Rex, they were blown off the park.

And that's why I put "totally".

Totally is not 10 points. Take Mini's total stuff-ups out, not to mention Pearce's, and what's the difference then?

While you're at it subtract the points that Ingis scored. Should be in Blue.

Rex your taking the stats in an overall context not in the critical context---you have to look deeper into the stats and why things eventuated.

Each first half NSW struggled with the intensity size and go forward of QLD it was blatantly obvious---one or two long range breaks can even up the yardage stakes each half and make things appear more even then they were. The second halves possession and metres gained normally favoured NSW or were closer together metres wise but the damage was done in the first half.

Good go forward will invariably lead to good field position allowing more dominant risk taking line speed defence---this increases the likelihood of dropped balls and rushed clearance kicks or taking more risks with 40/20s and low percentage offloads to try and get out of your own half.

(include hospital passes also when you finally get good field position and want to make the most of the limited chances on offer)

NSW were a minimum two front rowers short and a quality hooker to be any chance this series lets hope no-one rises to take Lockyers place.
Thrurston is too one sided to have a huge solo impact on the next series.

DSM5 said:
Why take them out, they played didn't they?

Reread my post DSM. You make a fine argument, except it has zip squat to do with what I was saying.

The Mini & Pearce stuff-ups were central to the key controllable possession losses that killed NSW chances. TC's theory of the key problem might apply to a different game, just not this one.

Morris also cost a couple of key possession losses. Letting the ball be raked out when he was in the clear showed lack of intensity and thought. And if players are aware they can't be tackled in the air, why do they insist on landing fully erect two metres out from the line, knowing that a line dropout is then inevitable?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4