Please explain?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought you were a punchie :wondering:

We are all things to all people ..... the only things that I cannot abide is mullet wearing and selfie taking ..... and I am not a fan of the Dill Pickle eaters, but concede they serve a useful purpose ....

We are all things to all people ..... the only things that I cannot abide is mullet wearing and selfie taking ..... and I am not a fan of the Dill Pickle eaters, but concede they serve a useful purpose ....
P P C flexibility at play again . Always suspected that they were a privileged and protected species ., and now having a go at the Dill Pickle eaters , is nothing sacred ?

I am sure Des will be looking at our list and identifying weaknesses- also looking for opportunities to strengthen key areas.

Most will stay but some will go as well. We need to trust Des to build his team and culture.
Well said!
Just wish Crusher and Des were appointed sooner, would have gave them more time to do their thing

Dude, that ramble was about as negative as it gets.
1. Elgey is not a dud.
2. Being a rookie doesn't mean you are a nobody.
3. Ado- Carr is not tall. In fact both him and Taufua are 1.84cm.
4. You don't actually know that Des wants to sign Foran.
5. We've let go several players.
6. Please stop.

1. Ahh yes he is actually, can’t tackle, and barely played first grade for lowly GC.
2. Stated they may be excellent in future so there’s no argument there, and here’s hoping one of them resembles a winger with height or speed or both.
3. Stand corrected on height, but he’s LIGHTNING fast, as opposed to our wingers who are snail slow.
4. Let’s just see what happens.
5. Irrelevant, the point was we have easily the worst wingers in the comp.
6. Entitled to an opinion, especially when it was only useless Parra that enabled us to escape a wooden spoon.

When Shaun Lane is your top try scorer there’s a fairly major wingers problem. No?

1. Ahh yes he is actually, can’t tackle, and barely played first grade for lowly GC.
2. Stated they may be excellent in future so there’s no argument there, and here’s hoping one of them resembles a winger with height or speed or both.
3. Stand corrected on height, but he’s LIGHTNING fast, as opposed to our wingers who are snail slow.
6. Entitled to an opinion, especially when it was only useless Parra that enabled us to escape a wooden spoon.

When Shaun Lane is your top try scorer there’s a fairly major wingers problem. No?
Just on that last point - I’ve actually been saying for a while now that our sweeping backline plays numbered about two for the whole of last season...we just didn’t get the ball to either winger really, they were pretty much there to help clean up at the back and that was about it. Agree, there is no way a middle forward should be leading try scorer, but I do think it had a lot to do with structures - or lack of them - more than the fact our wingers can’t finish a move.

Considering 9 people called your post a 'dummy spit' and 6 people agreed with my reply.... I couldn't be bothered replying.... except to say... you are entitled to your opinion, so we'll just agree to disagree.

Personally I don’t go along with this notion that the modern day wingers have to fit into the current Storm duo stereotype. There are numerous ways to attack that can be effective, and if our edge back rowers running through holes works, I’m more than happy to stay with that

In the season just gone, our side scored 500 points, that’s good enough for me. The Storm side with these amazing wingers we must emulate scored 542, and the Roosters 536. Our attack is fine

Personally I don’t go along with this notion that the modern day wingers have to fit into the current Storm duo stereotype. There are numerous ways to attack that can be effective, and if our edge back rowers running through holes works, I’m more than happy to stay with that

In the season just gone, our side scored 500 points, that’s good enough for me. The Storm side with these amazing wingers we must emulate scored 542, and the Roosters 536. Our attack is fine
I agree
Sides who score the majority of their points kicking to the wing are bereft of idea's.

Agree, Every team plays to their strength, if its wingers getting the high ball or attempting an overlap for them to get into space that is what they play for, if its a 2nd phase play with a forward punching through a hole or an offload by a ball playing forward that is what they play for. Part of your game plan is to play to your strengths, target some weakness.

Our attack is ok but I'm hoping Des and Donny spend most of the summer on our pissweak defence. Poor communication and fatigue were our major problems when it came to defending. Something typical of our previous coach.

Stats can be very misleading

I agree that it shouldn’t really matter how we structure our attack if it works BUT

Our attack was fine when things were going our way and we were building leads.As soon as we were under pressure our attack in the red zone was nothing short of awful. Once a team got rolling we rarely scored another point and folded meekly.How many times in the last three years have we seen headless chook stuff in the opposition twenty with a game on the line.There have been endless posts about it.

It got to the stage that SuperCoach had us kicking into touch in the red zone when behind which is hardly the sign of a team confident in attack.I have never seen that any level, certainly not from a team whose attack is fine.

Nearly all our attack came from individual prowess, not strategy or structure ,which is not surprising given a few of the talents we have , but to suggest our attack doesnt need a lot of work e is going a bit far.When it mattered and the game was on the line it was ordinary at best. One thing about the Roosters and Storm. They may not have scored many more points than us but they score when a game is on the line. We dont and that’s the problem.And it’s exactly the same as our defence. When pressure is applied we fold.

Like defence , attack needs to stand up under pressure.Ours doesn’t and that’s what Des will fix hopefully.

Also our wingers were simply not good enough last year regardless of tactics.

Last edited:
Incidentally, I was just online looking for video highlights of Brendan Elliott, because, you know, Monday morning and all that. For both tries that I managed to find video of, he got on the end of kicks. Might just be able to jump and catch, at any rate.

Elliott Highlights...at around 3.50min there are two long range tries

This video actually highlights why bagging wingers for not scoring enough tries is simplistic....80% of winger tries is strolling over after an effective backline move

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8